Uk Immigration

Hi

A question about UK Immigration procedures on arrival in UK.

The GF now has a visitor's visa for the UK and we shall be travelling there together in a few weeks' time. I'm told that Immigration could still refuse her entry, although this would be unlikely. Would it be a good idea for her to have, on her person, a few hundred GBP that she could show, if necessary, a return air ticket and also a sponsor's letter giving addresses etc. As I shall be with her this may not really be a problem but, presumably, we shall not be in the same queue at Immigration - separate queues for EU and non-EU passports. Or should she just join the EU queue with me?

DM

I would think it would be better if you both went through the Non-Eu channel together rather than her trying to go through the EU channel.

I don't think she will be asked about money, but my wife has in the past been asked to show her return ticket, and also immigration frequently ask where she will be staying, and whether she has family or friends in the U.K.

Hope this helps

Doctormann,

Your girlfriend can only be refused entry by an immigration officer in limited circumstances, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Basically, if the IO were inclined to refuse her, he would have to show that either she lied to get the visa, or that her circumstances have changed since the visa was issued, or that medical/criminal grounds justify refusal.

I would do as Slimdog suggets and go through the non-EU channel with your g/f.

Cheers,

Scouse.