Norwegian Man, Thai Woman Killed In Chon Buri Road Accident

webfact

They inspected the scene in detail and took photographs for evidence. The bodies were taken to Banglamung hospital to perform autopsies. Police will inform relatives of the deaths.

Their names and personal detials are posted all over the net. What ever happened to with holding the details till the next of kin had been informed?

It's the same in all these accident reports, and quite often accompanied but a copy of the foreigners passport. What happened to common decency?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The papers refer to it as Chonburi so tourists keep coming back to Pattaya

I don't think tourists read those rags, or if they do, are just browsing for some gore and discount ads. Won't affect these incidents one way or another.

If he hadn't died, they'd have caught him anyway for pedophilia for taking a barely 16-year-old girl from the bar! It's a lose-lose situation either way.

By the way, I wish reports wouldn't keep referring to Pattaya as "Chonburi". Chonburi is 60 km away from Pattaya. Tambon Naklua is in the north of Pattaya, right next to the centre of downtown Pattaya. Not even close to Chonburi!

Deep research has revealed that Pattaya lies within Chonburi Provice. The Nation, correctly, often reports the location of accidents by Province rather than town,village etc..

As for "police clamp down on drinking and driving in Thailand" you gotta be joking. If there is no money to be made they don't give a shyt.

I'm sure you're right - my comment was offered more in hope than expectation.

And thanks to the Admin guys for the warning re the PDN report - I really don't want to see any more of those horrific photos.

A 52-year-old drunk Norwegian tourist and 17 year old GIRL. What a shame.

Your dead right there, she was just a kid - IF its proved that he was intoxicated, then its another grim statistic.

Sooner the police clamp down on drinking and driving in Thailand, then the safer we'll all be.

Have you seen any evidence that they have an interest in cracking down on drunk driving? The penalties here are so light, that even if you are caught, it means little. In the US, you face upwards of $10,000 in expenses, lawyers, courts, and the possibility of losing you license for an extended period. What do you face here with the local "toy police"?

My first reaction was sorrow for the young girl. That it was a senior farang (the type therse girls trust to take care of them) who caused it makes it even sadder. Of course, he may not have been drunk at all in the first place (if you know how biased media reports can be). One guy midway thro his life, one girl just starting out. Crash.

If he hadn't died, they'd have caught him anyway for pedophilia for taking a barely 16-year-old girl from the bar! It's a lose-lose situation either way.

By the way, I wish reports wouldn't keep referring to Pattaya as "Chonburi". Chonburi is 60 km away from Pattaya. Tambon Naklua is in the north of Pattaya, right next to the centre of downtown Pattaya. Not even close to Chonburi!

And Pattaya is a provence?

Edit: Paymaster got it right in post #36 (sorry for repeating your post pm).........thumbsup.gif

Edited by chrisinth

The second this guy got on a motorbike he was an accident waiting to happen. Alcohol (or any drug) mixed with a vehicle (otherwise classified as a weapon due to the use), in many instances (usually), results are measured by the injury or death of the participants. I would think Farang with a Thai girl riding a bike at 0430 should be the target of a police breath test... my opinion anyway. Sad for the family of the girl.

Norwegian stepfather has been out until late and after coming home he didn't find his step-daughter at home.

The (apparently) drunk step-father, gets on his bike and picks up his step-daughter. On the way home, the accident happened.

That's an explanation you get if you think with your brain, rather than with your d*ck.

I dont think its people here you need to tell to use their brain, its the people picking up children at 4:30 in the morning and driving motorbikes when they are drunk.

Pattaya is INSIDE Chon Buri province.

The papers refer to it as Chonburi so tourists keep coming back to Pattaya

Correct, Chonburi is a city an hours drive away.

Chonburi is one of 77 provinces in Thailand. And Pattaya is a city in Chonburi. Also called Banglamung/Chonburi.biggrin.png

Edited by sirchai

Has there been any evidence yet on whether he was intoxicated or not. maybe just driving too fast on a bike that he didn't know. A terrible unnecessary waste of two lives!!

Drunk or not, the poor guy, had he lived, would have had a life of hell to follow. The Thai police and judicary would not have the let the truth [whatever that may have been] get in the way of extracting the maximum financial benefit from him. I know; I've been there.

A warning to all expats who drive in Thailand - drive with extreme and diligent care. This may sound terrible, but if you see an acident - don't ever stop to offer assistance. The accident will somehow have become your fault. The choice then is too pay up front or face up to 2 years waitng for the case to go to court and meanwhile your passport is locked. I took the latter approach, out of principle, and although eventually found not guilty it cost me in excess of 250K baht in lawyers fees etc to clear my name. And then it cost me 25,000 baht to have my passport unlocked.

I still love Thailand though and you learn from your experiences

Your dead right there, she was just a kid - IF its proved that he was intoxicated, then its another grim statistic.

Sooner the police clamp down on drinking and driving in Thailand, then the safer we'll all be.

Have you seen any evidence that they have an interest in cracking down on drunk driving? The penalties here are so light, that even if you are caught, it means little. In the US, you face upwards of $10,000 in expenses, lawyers, courts, and the possibility of losing you license for an extended period. What do you face here with the local "toy police"?

Agreed. D&D in the UK is also a serious offence and is no longer taken lightly (as it once was until perhaps the 1980's).

In the Pattaya forum there have been some reports to indicate that the police are no longer content to let these idiots D&D - more roadblocks, more breath-testing and compulsory night or 2 or 3 in the cells if caught.

Maybe it was his stepdaughter. Bit early to be labeling the dude a kiddy fiddler.

Sixteen-seventeen is hardly a kiddy fiddler...but then again, you may be too old to enjoy some young loveys.

Agreed. D&D in the UK is also a serious offence and is no longer taken lightly (as it once was until perhaps the 1980's).

In the Pattaya forum there have been some reports to indicate that the police are no longer content to let these idiots D&D - more roadblocks, more breath-testing and compulsory night or 2 or 3 in the cells if caught.

That thirst for tea must be quenched!