Too Many Chinese And Eurasian Faces On Thai Media?

drronnie

When my wife "Thai" lived in Norway many years ago, people would come up to her and ask if they could feel her skin.I guess there were not many Thais there at the time.I think some people are just attracted to something different looking than themselves.

I did talk a lot about this with Thais, but the show business and fashion is too strong already, you can see in all those crap soap movies that brainwash million of people everyday showing:

Thai-Chinese and Lookreung (Thai-European) leading the country, in those series, they are rich, beautifull, light skin.. then you have the fat gay funny guy, then you have the dark skin driver, motorcycle driver, dark skin thiefs. Almost no Thais I know blaming this, I do.

• Like 1

I did talk a lot about this with Thais, but the show business and fashion is too strong already, you can see in all those crap soap movies that brainwash million of people everyday showing:

Thai-Chinese and Lookreung (Thai-European) leading the country, in those series, they are rich, beautifull, light skin.. then you have the fat gay funny guy, then you have the dark skin driver, motorcycle driver, dark skin thiefs. Almost no Thais I know blaming this, I do.

Lots of people say they like Thailand for absense of political correctness.

I guess this is one of the side products.

If you look in Europe, you only see Americans in TV, and shock shock many of them are even black, while we have no black people.

and really people are annoyed of it, at least the 0.2 % nazis

If you look in Europe, you only see Americans in TV, and shock shock many of them are even black, while we have no black people.

No black people in Europe, right ?

Seriously??!!

Breath-taking, truly breath-taking

• Like 1

The flavor of the day is to look as Korean or Japanese as possible. And who gets to decide what are the standards of beauty in any society? OP, if you were to go to America and complain that there weren't enough fat women on TV, do you think anyone would listen? Big women certainly make up a sizable (pardon the pun) portion of the population. Why do Americans discriminate against fat people???

Same same.

I've got to say I find Korean and Japanese women far sexier than the Thais. Some of those Korean girl bands are as hot as hell.

You may as well get used to the fact that 60 million Thais don’t agree with your opinion of good looking......... I’m sure you will find someone to jump on the bandwagon eventually but it really won’t make any difference in the way Thais see things.

I would be happy to jump on that bandwagon because I believe the media plays a major role in defining fashion and beauty; otherwise, we might all still be wearing gray flannel suits and Madison Avenue would not be bringing in the very large sums of money that it does in attempts to manipulate fashion, and thought. It is not random that "beauty" as displayed in the Thai media trends towards the concept of beauty favored by the ethnic group in both control of the media and the group with the disposable income, the Thai-Chinese. Thus leading roles in film and TV are most often played by Sino-Thais and roles for lesser characters, maids, drivers, ruffians, etc are more often played by ethnic Tais. It is the classic Chinese norm of beauty that is foisted upon the larger populace, especially the lighter skin. And that necessarily denigrates the ethnic Tais who have darker skin tones. As for the appeal of the Eurasian, you would need to find someone more versed in the psychological studies than myself for that particular analysis.

Thais have been brain washed to bleach their nice skin, get nose jobs and boob jobs.

Many yanks and Europeans pay big money to go salons and get tanned like a Thai !!! cheesy.gif

who wants a girl with

boxing nose

black skin

short

poor

small boobs

when you can have

straight nose

white skin

tall

rich

big boobs

Natalie-Chiaravanond-Thailand-Model-Star-Sexy-Idol-actress-15.jpg

PattayaBeerBar2001.jpg

Edited by falkan

well. at least you could tell the differences.

i can't seems to really differentiate between some female actors here. they look similar. the worst are the korea all girls bands that are all hyped up now. dam_n they sure all look the same

They have the same plastic surgeon.

falkan's first photo reveals the horrible fashion here. Many Thais have beautiful, strong black hair but what they do: cut it like they're in the Marines and dye brown, ugh. Many have lovely brown skin tone and what they do: stay inside and fiddle with chemicals until they resemble coroner's daily bread&butter. Ngh. Many Thais have beautiful facial bone structure but what they do: erect a sharp object where the nose should be. Bleh. Not to mention that short is easier to handle and fake boobs (badly done ones) just look silly. The fashion here is just plain horrible. Who cares about rich, any man with cojones can make enough dough himself. Grunt.

Take a look at the Thais who travel a bit with the soldiers in the movie The Bridge on the River Kwai. To change that should be deemed illegal.

Rant over, that hit the spot.

Thais have been brain washed to bleach their nice skin, get nose jobs and boob jobs.

Many yanks and Europeans pay big money to go salons and get tanned like a Thai !!! cheesy.gif

who wants a girl with

boxing nose

black skin

short

poor

small boobs

when you can have

straight nose

white skin

tall

rich

big boobs

I think your comparison would've been fairer if you weren't matching a model with a waitress in a moody Pattaya bar or, to use the vernacular, comparing apples and oranges.

Here, let me help you redress the balance.

DarkBest.jpg

I know which one will still be looking correct in 10 or 15 years.

• Like 1

Seriously??!!

sorry I am Austrian and know Germany well.....

I forgot France, UK and Italy :-(...my fault you are right!

Seriously??!!

Waiting breathlessly for the other shoe to drop...

rolleyes.gif

who wants a girl with

boxing nose

black skin

short

poor

small boobs

when you can have

straight nose

white skin

tall

rich

big boobs

PattayaBeerBar2001.jpg

it is the poor...if you put the poor black one into the surgery factory she does not look different than the above rich one....

I know some black one from the south, black as the night, who after got money got modified to be white.....sick white like a Swedish in February.....

All only a question of money.

As my old teacher told...if you have the choice between a beautiful and a smart one....take the smart one. With 60 both are ugly but with the smart one you can still speak.