New Ford Focus

BOOKEMDANO

Like some, I actually went looking for an althoughter different car than the Focus. At first I was leaning towards the Jazz. However, a 4-5 month wait for the SV model was just, toooooo long! Also, Honda do not include any freebies with the deal. No insurance, no mats, no tinted windows - nothing!

So, I continued over the road to Ford with the intention of looking at a Fiesta: then I saw the new Focus. It looks an amazing car, it trully does. Cargo space is an important factor in mind, and the Focus provides this suprisingly well. It is more than the Hybrid Jazz, but not that much for the base model. Dealer was happy to offer the usual free insuance and tinted winows. A 1 month delivery time is also nice to hear. The sport models offer more features than I have ever seen this class offer before. Parking assist and active city stop are great features. Although I am not sure how this would benefit driving in Bangkok with the amount of motorbikes constantly weaving around you. Is it possible to turn on/off?

So, what are your thoughts about the new Ford Focus?

Congratulations for your new car.

My thoughts are that it looks nice and feel more 'modern' than the other models in the same price range especially the interior.

Some of the safety features are unique and time will tell if they are useful here in Thailand. I haven't been able to find many online reviews on that all new Focus despite it being available for more than one year in other countries and none were testing these features extensively.

One issue that seemed to come back in several articles I read is that the automatic gearbox is struggling at low speed and has an erratic behavior. Maybe someone who has the new Focus can confirm?

In any case it is probably something that can be fixed with a software update; I had a similar issue with the Pajero Sport a bit more than one year ago and that has been corrected a few months later with a software update.

It would also be interesting to compare it with the Civic top model as it's only slightly more expensive.

From what I can see, the Focus is lacking a few features like power seats, Nav/GPS, rear view camera, full leather seats... but it has more safety features.

The automatic parking system is useless for me but might be useful if the wife borrows the car :-)

Out of curiosity I went to a Ford dealer and it takes between 2 and 4 weeks for the delivery, depending on the color.

Anyone has some figures regarding fuel consumption?

I would be interested to know. My wife has a fiesta 1.6 and the average is 8.7 l/100km which is quite a lot but she drives it mostly in the city so that makes me think that the Focus 2.0 must be even less economical; am I wrong?

Try asking for more from your dealer. Me, without pushing at all, I got for the (new) Ford Focus 2.0+ Sport 5 Drs, from Ford Ek Silom:

1st Class insurance

License plate

Rubber mat

Fuel for 500 THB

COating color

Plastic tray

I guess, anti-rust coating could be asked on top of this, + some other minor freebies.

Edited by freemindxs

• 1 month later...

Just received a flyer from Ford with the new models in it:

1.6 Ambiente

1.6 Trend

Starting at 799 000 Baht, both due early next year plus the currently available

Titanium and Sport.

They have updated their website as well which shows the specs and features

of all the models.

I've got to say, if the 1.6 has enough poke, then the Trend auto at 839 000 seems

pretty good value.

Regards

Will

1.6 Ambiente

1.6 Trend

Titanium and Sport.

of all the models.

I've got to say, if the 1.6 has enough poke, then the Trend auto at 839 000 seems

pretty good value.

Regards

Will

Whats the difference between the 4Dr Ambiente 6AT and 4Dr Trend 6AT...except for the 30K price of course?

1.6 Ambiente

1.6 Trend

Titanium and Sport.

of all the models.

pretty good value.

Regards

Will

Whats the difference between the 4Dr Ambiente 6AT and 4Dr Trend 6AT...except for the 30K price of course?

The differences on the website for the 5door: http://www.ford.co.t...tions/spec-data

are that the Trend has a better stereo with blue tooth/voice control, 2 extra speakers, audio controls

on the steering wheel.

Plus, a slightly better quality multi function display and front fog lamps, map light and

a trip computer.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

I really like the new Focus, unfortunately while I'm living in Trang, I would never buy a Ford again. Complete muppets at the dealership. Never thought I would let a dealership dictate what car I would buy. :-(

Has anyone taken delivery of their new ford focus 2.0L ??

If so what are your first thoughts, I can only find a couple of reviews of the Thailand manufactured model. Both reviews are very positive but I wanted to hear from some new owners.

I'm interested in the 4dr 2.0L Titanium, but would like to hear opinions on any of the 2.0L range.

Thanks in advance

Has anyone taken delivery of their new ford focus 2.0L ??

If so what are your first thoughts, I can only find a couple of reviews of the Thailand manufactured model. Both reviews are very positive but I wanted to hear from some new owners.

I'm interested in the 4dr 2.0L Titanium, but would like to hear opinions on any of the 2.0L range.

Thanks in advance

There are quite a few posts on the new Focus.

This is one of the bigger ones recently.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/568482-old-focus-or-new-focus/page__hl__%20focus

Regards

Will