Where To Meet Good Girls?

Josh88

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me the answer is in your reply above. If you have a good relationship with a local influential family they should be able to try some match making for you. If they are unable to find an acceptable girl which meets your standards I would say that you have no hope on your own.

• Like 1

Sorry. Farangs usually get the worst scum of the low society thais. Thats a fact.

Im just stereotyping the majority.

Rubbish, what you know on this subject is nothing.

Holysteel, a fact is something that can be proven to be true. We're waiting.

Edited by giddyup

I suggest going to school, there you will meet them smallbutts and get to socialize

with'em.

"People" attending school in Thailand are mostly under age.

He's 24 himself. Anyone 16 and up is fine, with parental conscent. Though to be honest you feel like babysitting more than having a relationship, so those well over 20 (or over 25) are actually better. In many ways he's actually 'too young'.

Sorry. Farangs usually get the worst scum of the low society thais. Thats a fact.

Fact of your life?

Sadly, it is the reality for alot of people. These foreigners are often caring decent people and they are taken advantage of. It's easy to stereotype some of these western men since it allows for a nice closure to the matter and allows one to continue the fantasy that bad things only happen to bad people. Sorry, but I have seen some good people taken advantage of and abused.

Anyone 16 and up is fine, with parental conscent.

That's correct. Parental consent is normally given in a public ceremony that everyone can witnesses. Unless you whip out a document that your thoughtful "attorney" has prepared and kindly ask the old man to sign while you assure him that his precious Lily will be fine with you...

Edited by Morakot

Seems to me the answer is in your reply above. If you have a good relationship with a local influential family they should be able to try some match making for you. If they are unable to find an acceptable girl which meets your standards I would say that you have no hope on your own.

Well they've been trying to keep me in the family, though I think I've made it clear at this point I'm not interested in what they have to offer so perhaps they'll be more open to setting me up with outsiders if I push them to.

I suggest going to school, there you will meet them smallbutts and get to socialize

with'em.

He's 24 himself. Anyone 16 and up is fine, with parental conscent. Though to be honest you feel like babysitting more than having a relationship, so those well over 20 (or over 25) are actually better. In many ways he's actually 'too young'.

I absolutely would not go near a 16 year old, so I'm not sure what a school would have to offer. 20-23 is what I'm ideally looking for.

If the OP is in Sukhothai he has plenty of opportunities to meet "good" girls, try wandering around downtown and look in the shops and see what you can see, the place is a virtual goldmine.

Maybe I just need to spend some more time downtown then, I haven't seen a whole lot around there but admittedly I haven't browsed the shops thoroughly. Even if I do find some prospects it's tough with the language barrier, I wish there were more girls out here who spoke half decent English. Although they've all been learning it since childhood my Thai seems to be better than any of their English in five months of learning. I think improving my Thai is really the key though, it would greatly expand my options and ability to meet new girls here.

with'em.

Any 24YO sniffing around my 16YO daughter would be feeling the hairy side of my hand......................crazy.gif

Try eating lunch when it is really crowded and busy and all the tables fill up. Some brave guy will sit at your table with you. Be pleasant and smile. Say hello. More Thais speak some English than they let on. Mostly they are afraid to say something wrong and loose face. After a while you'll make some guy friends and get invited to some sort of family party. It's good luck to have a farang at many types of events. This is where the good girls are.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

To the OP:

This is my honest opinion and advice.

In these times I think is it best not to become romantically involved with Thai women. Only need to read some of the horror stories here on Thai visa.

You are a young naive guy, fairly new to Thailand and many Thai women including their families will consider you ripe for exploitation.

This is from the beetlejuice vault of wisdom and knowledge:

A few facts that may save a guy a fortune and a lot of emotional trauma.

Cute girl sends out signals to a guy that she likes him.

After spending a passionate evening with her and a night of lovey-doveyness with and perhaps the best sex the guy has had for years or maybe his first time, he becomes smitten and can hardly believe his luck.

He holds her hand and listens intently to her pitiful hard luck stories and then wants to be her knight in shining armour, to the rescue, at any price, dreaming that at last he has discovered a true soul mate and love of his life, believing in a dream the guy decides to invest in her for a good future.

This is how it begins and of course in most cases the result will turn out completely different to the guy’s expectations.

Three major clues that will determine if the girl is not sincere and giving a guy a load of BS:

1. Most of her problems can only be solved with money.

2. The girl is not willing to give up any of her usual social schedules to be with the guy.

3. Appears to have many relatives, friends, acquaintances or colleges that she prefers to keep to herself and separate from her so-called relationship with the guy.

It`s very simple. If a girl really likes or loves a guy, she will unconditionally want to follow him anywhere with no strings or provisos attached.

Her main ambition in life will become solely to be with her man without any financial stipulations and social limitations. She should in fact be proud and keen to show off her new boyfriend and let everyone know that he and she is now an item.

If this is not the case, then dream on baby, because you`re backing a loser, it`s going to cost you dear and you are wasting your time.

Be cautious if the girl shows any of the traits mentioned in the above 1, 2 and 3.

This is the same advice I gave to my sons when they were still wet behind the ears.

They all need to help out their families(that's the way it is here in Asia). So no matter what you're always giving her wads of money. No such thing as a free lunch ANYWHERE.

Maybe I just need to spend some more time downtown then, I haven't seen a whole lot around there but admittedly I haven't browsed the shops thoroughly. Even if I do find some prospects it's tough with the language barrier, I wish there were more girls out here who spoke half decent English. Although they've all been learning it since childhood my Thai seems to be better than any of their English in five months of learning. I think improving my Thai is really the key though, it would greatly expand my options and ability to meet new girls here.

Mrs CM is from Sukhothai and we were there last weekend, I've visited the place maybe fifty times in total. Everytime I go into the town I see loads of decent prospects although speaking Thai is probably a pre-req. You might even find there are prospects via the Thai language course itself. BTW: if you haven't yet found it, visit the Dream Cafe, excellent food and great ambience.

Mrs CM is from Sukhothai and we were there last weekend, I've visited the place maybe fifty times in total. Everytime I go into the town I see loads of decent prospects although speaking Thai is probably a pre-req. You might even find there are prospects via the Thai language course itself. BTW: if you haven't yet found it, visit the Dream Cafe, excellent food and great ambience.

Haven't been there yet, thanks for the recommendation. Looks like I need to do some exploring in the city, clearly I'm not going to the right places. I wish I was closer as it's about a 40 min drive but if there really are that many girls to be found then I need to get out there more often.

7-11's, family marts, roadside stalls. Loads of young girls working and usually single. Keep in mind you still have to pay some money no matter hansum you think you are. 20k per month is the going rate if you rent like me. giggle.gif

You could also try dating sites but I found the girls on there to be too educated and picky for my tastes. Stick to meeting them in person is my advice.

Strange advice. Would you give the same advice to someone in America - Walmart?

Why not go to the local night clubs or discos?

And there is no payment if you date a girl from these places. Unbelievable nonsense. If you are a gullible old guy then maybe.

• Like 1

The issue is Sukhothai, which is tiny. Most girls with (or who want to get) somewhat of an education and a career would move to bigger places, could be as close as Phitsanulok.

You need a little bit of a bigger town with a proper middle class, some big city anonymity and so on. After that, the Internet is your friend; just through friends of friends on social networks (Facebook basically) you will soon get to know a ton of people.

Any reason you need to stay in Sukhothai? Fishing in a bigger pond makes it easier.

Even though I feel this is a troll, I was going to quote basically the same as Winnie.

At 24 years old, good looking, travelled all over Thailand and working from home - why would you choose Sukhothai?

Phitsanulok is the closest University town with the cafes, restaurants and attractions for the age group you are looking for...but Chiang Mai would be the ideal choice.

Ignore the clowns that suggest Phuket or Pattaya as a place to find datable girls.

Anyone 16 and up is fine, with parental conscent.

That's correct. Parental consent is normally given in a public ceremony that everyone can witnesses. Unless you whip out a document that your thoughtful "attorney" has prepared and kindly ask the old man to sign while you assure him that his precious Lily will be fine with you...

Yeah, the family ceremony is just fine. There will be pictures and stuff from that too. I still have the pictures of mine. ;)

(Though hidden now because the Mrs. doesn't deal all that well with any event to the left of the timeline marker with her name on it.)

• Like 1

I guess I should have expected such constructive replies, but I'm really not trolling and honestly wondering how to go about it in Thailand. I'm in the middle of nowhere, I don't go to school, I work from home, it really is hard to find datable girls. I know there's not some magic solution but there's got to be some good place to find them or way to go about it out here and I'm truly curious.

All you need is a bottle of chloroform and a pickup truck. THen you can meet them anywhere... probably best not near your home during daylight hours, though, unless you have off-street parking

I really don't know what gives you the impression you're not cocky and arrogant, by the way. I think we'll be the judge of that. as the famous Jewish poet Rabbi Burns said "Would some power the gift tae gie us, tae see ourselves as others see us". I'm surprised that you think you are attractive because people laugh at you in the street...

SC

EDIT: On the topic of drink driving, I've just corrected two typos in the above post. Now, the typos were not because I've been drinking, but a coroner might see things differently

Exactly. As for chat up lines, I find that "Excuse me, does this rag smell like chloroform?" works a charm.

I guess I should have expected such constructive replies, but I'm really not trolling and honestly wondering how to go about it in Thailand. I'm in the middle of nowhere, I don't go to school, I work from home, it really is hard to find datable girls. I know there's not some magic solution but there's got to be some good place to find them or way to go about it out here and I'm truly curious.

Try walking around with your wallet stacked with 1000baht notes. They will find you!! Curious post looking for a good girl to corrupt into a bad girl?

I am heartened to see that so many have learned not to fall into the "troll" trap. Out in the sticks, good looking with money, looking for love. Hilarious!

I think the OP was under the impression that attractive, young Thai girls actually post on TV, and would be sympathetic to his plight.

Fact of your life?

Sadly, it is the reality for alot of people. These foreigners are often caring decent people and they are taken advantage of. It's easy to stereotype some of these western men since it allows for a nice closure to the matter and allows one to continue the fantasy that bad things only happen to bad people. Sorry, but I have seen some good people taken advantage of and abused.

Agree. Mr. Holysteel is probably more right than many here are willing to admit.

If you're living in rural Thailand, you may have noticed, it's a bit different from back home (which I assume is US/Europe/Australia or similar?)

From my observations, Thais don't really do dating in the American movie sense. They tend to hang out in big groups, eat stuff and eventually pair off. Very difficult to penetrate these big groups if you're a farang unless you're Thai is spot on and you're prepared for a lot of being asked to pay for drinks and meals for an ever increasing number of "friends."

As to where you meet them - everywhere. I'm a sucker for these industrious ladies who work in shops, coffee stalls etc and when I was still single used to spend ages chatting them up (still do sometimes...) but to actually get to the next step requires the patience of a saint. As soon as she's seen out with a man alone, even if it's just eating a casual meal, people will be talking. If that man happens to be western then people will talk even more.

Likely she'll want to bring a chaperon/cock block on the first few dates and this will seem like a hiding to nothing - a good wing man can help but a bad one can hinder far more.

And forget English. If she speaks half way reasonable English then she's either been a bar girl, or a 1 in 10,000 educated girl from a wealthy family who will be beating off suitors with a stick. Great if you can get into her, but don't think it will be easy. Possible exception would be an English teacher, but that's stretching the definition of reasonable English in my experience...

Talk in Thai, learn as you go - you'll both have more fun.

For quick pick ups with non bar girls then forget rural Thailand. Try somewhere with a university.

Here is another tip.

Avoid religious freaks like the plague,

they'll be preachin & chanting until you sleep,

so no shag that day, either

Buddha day is only once every week and don't forget that day YOU get total freedom to go where you want while they pray and chant. No shag that day with the wife/gf, not no shag at all.

Edited by TommoPhysicist