Where To Meet Good Girls?

Josh88

Hi Josh. Relax, disregard all the comments below, originating from true Thailand-Experts living in Bangkok or Pattaya.

The "girl-friend" situation in rural Thailand is as follows:

- A girl/woman in rural Thailand can not enter any sort of relationship with a man (Farang or Thai) unless there is at least a minimal Buddhist Ceremony involved, that gives the whole thing at least a half official meaning. Without this minimal procedure, a girl/woman will have a hard time to maintain face and respect toward the rest of the village.

So, if this minimal comittement is not fulfilled, hardly would there be a rural thai lady willing to "just shack up" with some male.

It may well be that some offspring may result of such a "half-official" marriage, but even if the father disappears into the blue, the mother will not be subject to discrimination of the fellow-villagers.

*the marriage was performed in front of Buddha".

So called short time adventures are not to be had in rural Thailand with "Respectable Ladies".

The alternative: The Rural-Karaoke-Bars. Fine. This could be considered as a short time thing. Only problem is that ladies that work in such karaoke-bars have no social standing at all (this is probably the reason why hardly any of those ladies are living inside of a 50 KM Radius of their place of work.)

If the word spreads, that the local Farang is visiting Karaoke Bars, the Farang can forget of ever getting close to a "Respectable Thai Lady" in rural Thailand.

The point: Rural Thailand is like Europe bevor the Sex-Revoluton in the 60ties. The overly liberal sex-scenery in Thailand takes only place in tourist-hot-spots, but certainly not in rural-Thailand.

So, if the OP has discovered certain facts, concerning live in rural Thailand as a single man, I know exactly what he is talking about.

Pattaya and Bangkok is not Thailand. ( I heard this somewhere before, )

Cheers.

What a load of nonsense, this may have been relavant in 1973, but in 2012 things are slightly different.

When was the last time you were on the dating scene?

probably about 20 years ago in a village in Isaan, dont know why farnags fall for all the non sence, the set up for the big kill. The boys in the village dont seem to fall for it.
  • Like 1

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll paranoia really is rampant around here. No shortage of trolling going on in this thread, but it hasn't come from me. That being said...

There really are some utterly nonsensical posts in here. I know all of you think you're experts on Thai women, but some of you really need to get out of the tourist bubble for the first time and realize that the vast majority of Thailand is nothing like Pattaya. The only Thai women farangs can get are the ones that Thai men find unattractive? No respectable Thai girl would have any interest in a farang? Thai women don't find farangs attractive, and only like them for their money? Such a crock of shit. Nothing but sweeping generalizations with no factual basis.

Grouping all farangs together and assuming we as a group are equally desirable to Thai women is nothing short of absurd. The fact is that a significant number of expats come to Thailand because attractive women would have no interest in them in their home country, due to their age, appearance, or whatever. If this is the case then of course you're not going to attract the cream of the crop here, as you wouldn't in your country. Yes, a reasonable western income goes a long way here, but if you're old, fat and unattractive in your country, then guess what? You're old, fat and unattractive in Thailand too. This is not the case for all farangs, and many of us are actually found physically attractive by Thai women, regardless of our financial state. If you want to live in a fantasy world to feel better about your situation and desirability to Thai women thenbe my guest, but at least realize you're delusional.

Anyway, there have been quite a few constructive replies in this thread and I've received a number of helpful PMs, so thank you to those of you who aren't completely bitter and cynical. I've taken some of your advice and will be going up to Chiang Rai this weekend with a girl to see her home up there.

I think this thread has run it's course, but feel free to continue trolling.

Troll paranoia really is rampant around here. No shortage of trolling going on in this thread, but it hasn't come from me. That being said...

There really are some utterly nonsensical posts in here. I know all of you think you're experts on Thai women, but some of you really need to get out of the tourist bubble for the first time and realize that the vast majority of Thailand is nothing like Pattaya. The only Thai women farangs can get are the ones that Thai men find unattractive? No respectable Thai girl would have any interest in a farang? Thai women don't find farangs attractive, and only like them for their money? Such a crock of shit. Nothing but sweeping generalizations with no factual basis.

Grouping all farangs together and assuming we as a group are equally desirable to Thai women is nothing short of absurd. The fact is that a significant number of expats come to Thailand because attractive women would have no interest in them in their home country, due to their age, appearance, or whatever. If this is the case then of course you're not going to attract the cream of the crop here, as you wouldn't in your country. Yes, a reasonable western income goes a long way here, but if you're old, fat and unattractive in your country, then guess what? You're old, fat and unattractive in Thailand too. This is not the case for all farangs, and many of us are actually found physically attractive by Thai women, regardless of our financial state. If you want to live in a fantasy world to feel better about your situation and desirability to Thai women thenbe my guest, but at least realize you're delusional.

Anyway, there have been quite a few constructive replies in this thread and I've received a number of helpful PMs, so thank you to those of you who aren't completely bitter and cynical. I've taken some of your advice and will be going up to Chiang Rai this weekend with a girl to see her home up there.

I think this thread has run it's course, but feel free to continue trolling.

Any chance of posting a pic of your new found girl on here? Just asking..