Toursit Visa Issued At Swampy On Arrival - How Long?

Sure this is an easy one, I have 2 elderly parents coming for visit here from UK and will be staying 34 days, if they don't have visa already what length of stay will they get when they arrive at Suvarnabhumi? If its 30 days then a visit to an immigration office for a 7 day extension will be ok, if its 15 then a border bounce visa run may be the end of them!!

If they do not have a visa or tickets out of Thailand within 30 days after arrival then they may be denied boarding in the UK.

If they manage to get to Bangkok they will get 30 days visa exemption entry if arriving by air. Getting Tourists visas from Thai consulate in uk before trip (available by post in less than a week) will stop any possible hitches.

• Like 1

If they do not have a visa or tickets out of Thailand within 30 days after arrival then they may be denied boarding in the UK.

If they manage to get to Bangkok they will get 30 days visa exemption entry if arriving by air. Getting Tourists visas from Thai consulate in uk before trip (available by post in less than a week) will stop any possible hitches.

Thanks for that, one problem is they are not currently in UK. A possibility is buying a cheap air ticket out of thailand and just not using it, that would get them here but once here, can the visa exemption be extended as with a visa or is a border bounce going to be necessary?

It can not be extended but application for extension allows a 7 day period to depart so in effect you will get 7 more days which will be all they need. Depending on where they now are may be a factor in if they really need a ticket as not all flights are checked and immigration will not have any issues once here. I would advise them to check-in early and be prepared to buy a ticket at airport in worst case if they can not easily obtain a tourist visa where they are now.

OK all sounds good, last one to Lopburi - as this cannot be extended would they still need to apply for the extension at immigration office or just make sure they are out before the 37 days?

They need to go to immigration and apply for extension.

sketcher, you say they are out of the UK. Is there any reason why they can't obtain a Thai tourist visa from the country they're currently in. I've had a few tourist visas in my time and none of them were obtained while in my home country. I've used travel or visa agents in the country I was in at the time. It might save them the hassle of an extension or border hop.

A possibility is buying a cheap air ticket out of thailand and just not using it, that would get them here but once here

I would recommend to do so if getting a visa in advance is not an option.

Cheapest are around 2xxxx Baht (AirAsia Phuket oneway to somewhere in Malaysia).

I know that many don't believe: strictly by rules, airlines can and do refuse boarding if return flight is later than 30 days and no visa.

Happened to me and others.

Edited by KhunBENQ