Threatened By Thai At My Condo

beano2274

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP take care of your wife (children) if there are any and dont listen to these Thai huggers (they are the ones that secretly hang around the girly baars!) protect your family to the upmost. and dont back down.

Which? Protect the family, or don't back down?

Personally, I'd put my family safety before my pride, or parking places, or what the condo committee agreed at a meeting, or my commitment and respect for the rule of law.

But then, I don't get my self-esteem from how hard I think I look on the internet

SC

And thats why you will always find yourself 'Waing' 7/11 girls without actually realizing why!!

"Weighing"

or perhaps "waheying"

SC

To the OP take care of your wife (children) if there are any and dont listen to these Thai huggers (they are the ones that secretly hang around the girly baars!) protect your family to the upmost. and dont back down.

Which? Protect the family, or don't back down?

Personally, I'd put my family safety before my pride, or parking places, or what the condo committee agreed at a meeting, or my commitment and respect for the rule of law.

But then, I don't get my self-esteem from how hard I think I look on the internet

SC

Instead you get seff estee by how mut you argue with stanger on thai visa.

You very well may shake hands with this a-hole tomorrow and in two weeks or two months or two years, he'll beat you with a bat as you get out of your car. Thais can hold a grudge for a looooong time.

Good luck.

Edited by PoodMaiDai
  • Like 1

seems more likely he will do something to your car...then attack you physically later on.

this would include serious things like tampering with the brake line kind of stuff. i could see a thai doing that.

i have done the cam thing. all your going to see reviewing the tape is a shadowy figure. its very hard to make out someones face on a security cam well enough to prove anything.

Edited by jacktrip

Meet with him tomorrow, let him apologise and then when hands have been shaken calmly ask your wife to ask him to explain exactly why he behaved like he did maintaining eye contact and watch him squirm. If he tries to turn it round to make out it was your fault which will undoubtably do ask him why he apologised if it wasnt his fault. Make sure you smile and look friendly while this happens. He wont dare come near you again and all it would have taken is a few choice words.

So they've reached a situation where they guy has apologised and everyone is happy and you want to kick it all off again by making him 'squirm'?

This post just highlights how feeble many people are when it comes to dealing with Thais.

Pathetic.

Not quite, reading some posts here makes more clear why SOME Thais dislike ALL the foreigners... Personally i find pathetic the people who must resort to violence to " feel like a man ".whistling.gif

Ahem, who pulled out a baseball bat first and laid their hands on the OP? Perhaps this is why many Thais think they can get away with this shit on every Tom, Dick and Farang in town.

• Like 1

The meeting is tonite.

I see people on here saying have a go, but in other posts they condemn violence when it is Thai vs Thai, but as soon as it is Thai vs Farang they say hit him or something else.

Entertaining read !

My opinion is that the OP is handling this just about right and as another poster recently mentioned, if you do meet the fellow today, then I would also skip the 'watching him squirm' bit.

Meet with him tomorrow, let him apologise and then when hands have been shaken calmly ask your wife to ask him to explain exactly why he behaved like he did maintaining eye contact and watch him squirm. If he tries to turn it round to make out it was your fault which will undoubtably do ask him why he apologised if it wasnt his fault. Make sure you smile and look friendly while this happens. He wont dare come near you again and all it would have taken is a few choice words.

So they've reached a situation where they guy has apologised and everyone is happy and you want to kick it all off again by making him 'squirm'?

Absolutely.

Parking at many condos does seem a problem here.

But in your OP you said this,

Second run in with this guy, the first time was a small matter, for which I approached him and apologised in English which he did not understand so I said it in Thai, he then asked my missus why I said something bad to him she told him that I had said sorry and the meaning in Thai.

I wondered how much this 1st run in which you said you apologized for set the tone for this 2nd run in?

Absolutely.

I worry that your effort is wasted, and the OP won't come back on here to post after following your advice, and it all flaring up again. I suppose it might make the papers, though.

SC

I always find it surprising that foreigners come here, can't speak the language, tell the locals how to behave, then are surprised when aforementioned locals get angry.

That would never happen in America/UK/France .... etc.

But he didn't tell the local how to behave, he mentioned it to the office regarding an agreement between all residents as part of his brief for being on the condo council, and rule that the thai guy agreed to.

Did you read the OP?

• Like 1

Did you read the OP?

I did and my impression was that the OP was deliberately picking a fight.

Where the Thai parked was between the Thai and the Condo management.

In Thailand one should learn to mind one's own business, or face the often violent consequences.

If they wanted to make the parking more personal, they should put condo numbers on parking spaces.

• Like 2

Did you read the OP?

I did and my impression was that the OP was deliberately picking a fight.

Where the Thai parked was between the Thai and the Condo management.

In Thailand one should learn to mind one's own business, or face the often violent consequences.

If they wanted to make the parking more personal, they should put condo numbers on parking spaces.

That's what they do at my place, and the previous one.

At the previous apartment, I always parked in the wrong spot as my spot was less convenient for me and everyone else, and the resident of the other unit did not have a car. Of course, his landlord complained a couple of times, whenever he came round visiting. So I parked in the space behind, which was also unused, and equally inconvenient for the landlord whose space I had been using (Instead of driving through to his spot, he would need to reverse in).

SC

I always find it surprising that foreigners come here, can't speak the language, tell the locals how to behave, then are surprised when aforementioned locals get angry.

That would never happen in America/UK/France .... etc.

You can't speak the language either.

Absolutely.

I worry that your effort is wasted, and the OP won't come back on here to post after following your advice, and it all flaring up again. I suppose it might make the papers, though.

SC

You wolly too mut.

SC

You wolly too mut.

Worry worry worry worry Warrington.

Where will you watch the Challenge Cup Final?

SC

I would of knocked him out.

Someone brings out a bat on me I would put him on his ass the next time I see him. (internet flex)

He sounds like a douche bag, actually sounds like my alcoholic neighbor back in Sydney who always wanted to fight people. Is this guy an alcoholic? A lot of those think they are tough.

seems more likely he will do something to your car...then attack you physically later on.

this would include serious things like tampering with the brake line kind of stuff. i could see a thai doing that.

And have you ever seen a Thai, or anyone else, actually doing this? Or are you running away with a gangster fantasy.

Sounds like a silly little man with a chip on his shoulder to me, trying to prove something to his mates or himself.

If there's a meeting tonight and stupid little man is there then just bring it up in a non-confrontational way (don't single him out) that people are still not following the parking rules, and what can we do about it?

But yes, report him to the police quietly, swinging a bat around is not acceptable.

As for "getting him to apologise and watching him squirm" - that could be calculated to cause you further trouble if you know anything about Thai/Asian ways of thinking.