Thai Government To Unveil "Stop Corruption" Ratification

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the government was serious about even starting tacking the corruption it should double or triple the salaries of government officials and servants, including the police officers FIRST
This old chestnut again. It's far too late. They would simply take the increased salary and keep topping up with their corrupt practices.

Then issue a "code of conduct" making it clear what practices are forbidden. Then enforce the regulation and start sacking if not jailing people acting in the old ways.
Issuing of a code of conduct I would have thought to have been a 'given' when first being accepted for the job to enforce their laws. 'And start sacking/jailing' [sic]. Well. They've had plenty of time to do that and it's never happened and never will.

My personal recommendation, for what it's worth, is for the government to do some field trips to see how other countries have successfully reduced, if not totally eliminated, their own corruption. But this will never happen either.

Did you you call me "old chestnut" or what?

Applying your own logic to what you "personally recommended" I could say that the government officials would gladly do "some field trips" to other countries to learn about their anti-corruption efforts, at the cost of tax payer of course, just to come back and still do the same as usually.

So, who is the old chestnut here?

I think you may have taken him the wrong way. When the term this old or that old chestnut is used, it refers to the object/ topic. I don't think it was directed at you.

Why would anyone in their right mind implicate themselves in an anti graft case against themselves. It will never get off the ground. Unless you grease someones hand or maybe they could bribe themselves. The whole adminstration system will collapse in chaos!

Rather like Chalerm busting himself for being a druggie (ear medicine, whoops, I mean; whiskey).

What's next for the government? .....eradicating pissing down one's leg in a public bus?

I'll be surprised if, by this time next year, one low level bureaucrat from Nakon Whateveriserat, is sent to an inactive post - and that's declared the success of this campaign to eradicate corruption.

If Thais even knew what corruption was, there'd be a chance of a snowball in Hades staying intact, but they have no more idea of what corruption is, than what democracy is.

The ultimate of scams in Thailand and endorsed buy the most corrupt

Set up a hotline for corruption, then charge that caller 20 baht for leaving a complaint. It wont go directly in YS's account but it will eventually get there.

Why didnt I think of that.

Sorry I missed the part about 20 baht. It was not mentioned in the article.

You really should watch what you say here. If Yingluck heard you say that you can bet your last baht it would happen.whistling.gif

"Thailand ranks 80th in the 2011 Corruption Perception Index (CPI)-Business-Thailand Business...

According to the latest Transparency International Corruption Perception Index (CPI) released on Thursday,

Thailand received 3.4 points on a scale of 1 to 10, and ranked 80th among 183 countries on the list.

Ten Points means a country has a low corruption level, while zero equates to a high of corruption."

This is a quotation from the year 2011, and I doubt that it has changed any since 2011. coffee1.gif

Thailand is probably not aware of any list at all, but they are definetly on the Poop List inspite of the

H A S AWARD giggle.gif

In light of the EZ-Bribe A Cop Card, convicted murders going free, etc etc etc...my guess is they

have slid further down hill. I would give them a score of 1.75

Haven't seen that poll this year. I believe they moved up three or four places. It still places them in the least corrupt half.

I only mention that to hopefully open some minds as to the fact it could be a lot worse. Many of the expats here have never been to a undeveloped country and are really clueless as to how well they have it here in Thailand

If the government was serious about even starting tacking the corruption it should double or triple the salaries of government officials and servants, including the police officers FIRST
This old chestnut again. It's far too late. They would simply take the increased salary and keep topping up with their corrupt practices.

Then issue a "code of conduct" making it clear what practices are forbidden. Then enforce the regulation and start sacking if not jailing people acting in the old ways.
Issuing of a code of conduct I would have thought to have been a 'given' when first being accepted for the job to enforce their laws. 'And start sacking/jailing' [sic]. Well. They've had plenty of time to do that and it's never happened and never will.

My personal recommendation, for what it's worth, is for the government to do some field trips to see how other countries have successfully reduced, if not totally eliminated, their own corruption. But this will never happen either.

And just what country has totally eliminated corruption. Elimination of corruption is a goal to work for and it will take years and years. Even then there will still be some there. I don't know where the states were in that recent poll I am guessing around 20. I believe that is where they were last year. Give or take a couple of places OK. 150 years ago on a list of 189 they would have been around 120. But they have over the years made some progress.

Point is it will take time and willingness and this administration is not willing. They just make a proclamation and leave it until the crap gets so high they need some thing to take the minds of the people off of there inadequacies. So trot out another gonna get rid of corruption. In there minds it is more like we will maybe consider it after we white wash Thaksin.

She will never spearhead anything.

This scheme will be another bag full of hot air like her previous anti corruption hot air.

All the beneficiaries are known to her

Beg to disagree. I feel very sure of my self when I say she will spearhead a drive to wipe it out sort of.

What she will really be doing is her brothers wishes. Make it like he had it have it all come through her office.

You mean is in "stop widespread, unmanageble corruption; concentrate it where it can be ..."

You got it

Why would anyone in their right mind implicate themselves in an anti graft case against themselves. It will never get off the ground. Unless you grease someones hand or maybe they could bribe themselves. The whole adminstration system will collapse in chaos!

Rather like Chalerm busting himself for being a druggie (ear medicine, whoops, I mean; whiskey).

What's next for the government? .....eradicating pissing down one's leg in a public bus?

I'll be surprised if, by this time next year, one low level bureaucrat from Nakon Whateveriserat, is sent to an inactive post - and that's declared the success of this campaign to eradicate corruption.

If Thais even knew what corruption was, there'd be a chance of a snowball in Hades staying intact, but they have no more idea of what corruption is, than what democracy is.

.eradicating pissing down one's leg in a public bus

Don't give them any ideas. They are not exctly the sharpest knife in the silverware tray.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif When the country is bring run by a corrupt puppet master? Does any real Thai believe this crap? Obviously every red does. Wake up Thailand. coffee1.gif

does the TV. PTP, Yingluck supporters beleive this, too?

Awaiting orders maybe?

...."..You have reached Corruption Hot Lines Inc thank you for your call.. your call is totally unimportant, and superfluous to us but maybe recorded, monitored and traced for our security reasons....... this is a recording ..all our agents are busy out searching for you right now and will get to you soon so please don't hang up if you you know what's good for you...." :)

• Like 2

Typical Thai corporation phone call, if the number is at all functional:

>>> after 6 prompts, finally: "please press 9 for English"

(disconnected, try again)

after 6 prompts, finally: "please press 9 for English"

wait 25 minutes, while forced to listen to Thai pop musak (anything worse?)

disconnected.

go back to square one, and have no expectations.

(....and Thai biz phone lines are better than Thai gov't phone lines.)

The Phuket fire has highlighted one area of corruption - entertainment venues that operate well after mandated closing time, and are allowed to do so by bribed police who not only refuse to act on complaints but also actively intimidate those who complain.

This is not something difficult to detect. So will this supposedly anti-corruption government take on an easy target?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif When the country is bring run by a corrupt puppet master? Does any real Thai believe this crap? Obviously every red does. Wake up Thailand. coffee1.gif

does the TV. PTP, Yingluck supporters beleive this, too?

For the red supporters corruption is defined by the corruption of the establishment opposed to Thaksin, so an anti-corruption campaign as such is a noble enterprise.

It will also mean that since Thaksin's party will be anti-corruption, then the charges against him are by definition politically-based.

Truth/lies all are relative to the main objective to bring back Thaksin. The so-called fight against corruption is only useful insofar as it creates the mood music for the main chance.

This is why the red supporters can at the same time cheer initiatives against corruption and half an hour later queue up for their 500 baht payoffs.

There is no special Thai thinking in all of this. Keep your eyes on the target.

• Like 1