Forensics To Probe Suspected Patong Jet-Ski 'Arson Attack'

webfact

Forensics to probe suspected Patong jet-ski 'arson attack'

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Police yesterday called in forensic experts to investigate a fire that gutted a house and destroyed five jet-skis in Patong earlier that morning.

At the scene, a burnt-down wooden house on Phang Muang Sai Kor Road, they discovered tyres had been placed near where the jet-skis were housed.

Suspecting arson, they requested forensic assistance.

Lt Col Kittisak Nuphueng, Inspector of the Phuket Office of Forensic Science, at 2pm led a team to investigate the suspicious circumstances surrounding the fire.

In estimating the damage caused by the blaze, police said that the cost of the jet-skis alone was about four million baht.

Patong Police Deputy Superintendent Akanit Danpitaksard told the press, “A dispute has been going on for many years between the owners of the land and the house residents.

“A businessman from Bangkok owns more than 10 rai of land in the area, including the plot the house was built on. He wants to clear the land to build new commercial buildings,” Lt Col Akanit said.

He went to explain that the tenants had refused to move.

“I believe this might be a case of arson. We are now investigating this as a serious offense. I will find and prosecute the person who started the fire and the person who organized it,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16680.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-08-16

“I believe this might be a case of arson. We are now investigating this as a serious offense. I will find and prosecute the person who started the fire and the person who organized it,” he said

By person who organised it mean person who paid for it to happen?

I'm surprised they got any experts in any field wouldn't surprise me if they come to the conclusion " we believe the fire was started by a zippo or a bic throwaway its extremely unlikely it was started by matches as they are made in Thailand and don't work" said a spokeskatoey

cost of the jet-skis alone was about four million baht.

A jet ski costs 800,000 Baht? blink.png

I would have thought that with all the scratches and dings they must have, needing expensive repair, that they would be worth more like 10,000B each.

“A businessman from Bangkok owns more than 10 rai of land in the area, including the plot the house was built on. He wants to clear the land to build new commercial buildings,” Lt Col Akanit said.

He went to explain that the tenants had refused to move.

“I believe this might be a case of arson. We are now investigating this as a serious offense. I will find and prosecute the person who started the fire and the person who organized it,” he said.

Let's see here. Who would i suspect? Hmmm.

“I believe this might be a case of arson. We are now investigating this as a serious offense. I will find and prosecute the person who started the fire and the person who organized it,” he said

By person who organised it mean person who paid for it to happen?

Since the land owner is a business man, he probably did not pay anyone. He just told any scammed tourist where the scamming jet-ski owner lives and it is all done for free.

5 jets skis x 800,000 = 4 million. Must be an insurance claim here ... whistling.gif

Maybe it's the police who owns them wink.png

The government wanted the scamming looked into and shut down and they clam no police were involved in the scamming, so the jet ski scam may not be as profitable as before and it would be better to burn the them and take the 4 million baht insurance money before getting kicked out of their house.

I would have thought that with all the scratches and dings they must have, needing expensive repair, that they would be worth more like 10,000B each.

If you factor in all the expensive repairs the total cost of ownership would run into the millions...

If you factor in all the expensive repairs the total cost of ownership would run into the millions...

Believe you mean the ROI (Return on investment) didn't you? biggrin.png