Retirement Extension And Re-Entry Permit At Bangkok Immigration This Morning

I arrived before the 8:30 opening time. Opened exactly on time. My queue number was 7. An unprecedented (for me) six desks were open for processing of extensions. The first applicant was finished after just 10 minutes and it was my turn. The lady officer seemed much more efficient than last year, going through the papers very quickly. I was sent to the superior officer's desk for the final check after mere minutes. That lady officer was not present however and two applicants were ahead of me. Waiting time was about 10 minutes. The final check took less than a minute while last year all my papers were checked thouroughly and the lady asked me several questions. A big improvement. There must have been some streamlining process during the last 12 months.

When asking for a queue number for the re-entry permit I was told to first make copies of 1) my passport data page, 2) the page with the new permission to stay and 3) the departure card. (Last year they also asked for a copy of the page with the last entry stamp.)

Despite my trip to the copy shop far away in the basement I managed to finish everything in 70 minutes - a new record for me thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

That's pretty fast, good. I have to go soon for another renewal.

Hey, a British friend is going for her 1st retirement visa and someone told her she needs both a medical exam and a criminal check (from her home country). You ever heard of someone needing these? I've been doing this for years and never needed either one.

thanks,

seeker

That's pretty fast, good. I have to go soon for another renewal.

Hey, a British friend is going for her 1st retirement visa and someone told her she needs both a medical exam and a criminal check (from her home country). You ever heard of someone needing these? I've been doing this for years and never needed either one.

thanks,

seeker

No and no not required for an extension of stay. These are required for a O_A visa aquired in ones home country. Tell her to stop hanging out with people who have bad info heheheh