Hottest Month

Lisa28

Sorry for posting a weather question here but I am unable to post in the weather section.

Can anyone tell me which month/s they consider to be the hottest in Thailand (mainly Bangkok and Koh Samui)?

Thanks,

L

Edited by Lisa28

Thank you very much, Jai Dee.

I will be there in April. I was a little concerned when I heard some people say it was the hottest time of year....that's ok though, after the Sydney weather we have had the last two days it will be good training for April....

I will check out the website now....

L

Thank you very much, Jai Dee.

I will be there in April. I was a little concerned when I heard some people say it was the hottest time of year....that's ok though, after the Sydney weather we have had the last two days it will be good training for April....

I will check out the website now....

L

April is the hottest month, that's when Songkran and water splashing take place.

Most of the April 2003. I spent at Koh Samui. It was hot but not as in Bangkok and it was bearable, thanks to sea breeze.

Being a Sydneysider myself, it's comparable to the experience at ocean beaches (Bondi, Manly) near the water.

Not so for most of us Redrus ... the dry heat I find quite pleasant. It is the humid heat that kills me - the body sweats and sweats to no effect. And my breathing squeezes up and I have to take Asthma medication (which I do not in the UK or NZ)

April is not so bad really. It is handy if you have a cool or air-con place to retreat to once or twice a day. The songkran Water Festival is very special. There are a few old threads on it with pictures. If you can at all make it for that you will be glad you did. I am not sure when it is this year - my calendar is missing the April page. Ahh, you have all that to look forward to too ...

April.

Songkran, the Thai New Year comes at the time when the sun is right overhead.

The skies are clear so it is HOT.

Later in the year when the sun is again overhead it is rainy season with cloud

so you do not notice so much.