Tot Broadband Very Slow Dl Speed

Guderian

My 6 Mbps connection seems to have ground to a halt today. A speed test to Bangkok is fine, it comes out at 6 Mbps, but to Europe or the US I get a paltry 0.06 Mbps result. I've noticed for a week that it seems to have been slow establishing a connection outside Thailand, but once it got there the speed was fine. Today it's impossible to download any files from outside Thailand. Is this just my connection or area (Thepprasit), or is anyone else experiencing the problem?

I have noticed this as well on my 6Mb TOT connection but am way outside of Pattaya so might be a general problem

Thanks Rimmer. It's always comforting to know that you're not alone with a problem. I don't suppose it's worth calling TOT's technicians? I've never managed to get through to them in the past.

I think your main problems is having TOT to be honest. If you can, try 3BB.

I know rimier might not be able to but I just switched to True Home-wifi and have 10mb for 699 per month and its very good. I gave up on TOT years ago.

I think your main problems is having TOT to be honest. If you can, try 3BB.

I know rimier might not be able to but I just switched to True Home-wifi and have 10mb for 699 per month and its very good. I gave up on TOT years ago.

I have a 1 year contract with TOT which ends in January, so I am stuck with it for now. To be honest I have been pleasantly surprised by the service, after the hassle of trying to get them to actually bother to connect me. rolleyes.gif

I'll see how it's doing at the year-end and look at changing then.

Last Result:.

Download Speed:. 9,928. kbps (1 241 KB / sec Transfer Rate).

Upload Speed:. 522nd. kbps (65.3 KB / sec Transfer Rate).

Fri Aug 17 2012 1:42:34 p.m. GMT +0700 (SE Asia Standard Time).

TOT working fine here in Huay Yai just now (TOT from Ban Amphur office), but there was something odd going on this morning, my 10Mb line was giving me 12.4 Mb, or so the speed test said blink.png ??????

Something's definitely not right here. It just took over a minute just to load a Rapidshare page, and when I started the download it was giving me all of 10 KBps. It opens the Thai Visa page almost instantaneously, though, so it looks to me (but I'm no expert) as if there's something wrong with the TOT connection from Thailand to the outside world.

I also having trouble with TOT connection (Thepprasit). Especially my Gmail almost impossible to get Email. I have had very little problems with TOT in the past with 6mb service.

Thanks for the info. I've also been having problems with Gmail and Hotmail for a week or so. Have you tried phoning the TOT technical support people?

I also having trouble with TOT connection (Thepprasit). Especially my Gmail almost impossible to get Email. I have had very little problems with TOT in the past with 6mb service.

Thanks for the info. I've also been having problems with Gmail and Hotmail for a week or so. Have you tried phoning the TOT technical support people?

No, I haven't as the problem for me started today

I have been down for two hours, it just came back up, strange because all the modem lights were on but nothing was loading, seems to be a better connection all round now though.

I normally have EXCELLENT speed with TOT. I have a 7MB connection and it runs between 700 and 800 KB/s.

When I called them today, I was told they were doint an "upgrade" and to "please not use the internet." ... No estimation given for when they would have things back to "normal".

I can confirm, it's a little bit crappy today. I had a completely service outage around 17.00 today.

I decided to go out with my dogs, and when I came back ~ 18.00, it worked again.

Surprisingly, I was able to watch a european live-stream at 800 Kbits, when other (european) sites didn't load or had a timeout.

Anyway back to normal so happy surfing.

Not sure about that. It's 10:15pm now in central Pattaya and my TOT connection is still very slow compared with what it is usually.

But at least it's back. Earlier today my connection went down completely for several hours.

TOT crap up here in Chiang Mai ,pages if they do load ,at bytes !!

page half loads then stops.

The problem is you cannot find out what the real problem is,

broken undersea cable,too many using Internet,?the only

solution TOT gives is unplug your router for 10 mins.

I am supposed to have 7MBs !!!, but i am sure its the same

speed i had on dial up,

regards Worgeordie

Edited by Rimmer
Defamation

I had problems yesterday also. Seems to be OK today.

Quite a few neighbors switched over to 3BB last year when they offered service in our moo baan. The're not happy they switched now and are looking to move back to ToT. Go figure.

I had problems yesterday also. Seems to be OK today.

Quite a few neighbors switched over to 3BB last year when they offered service in our moo baan. The're not happy they switched now and are looking to move back to ToT. Go figure.

You're lucky, Craig, it's still rubbish here in Thepprasit. Downloading from Mediafire, which is normally one of the fastest free download sites, at a staggering 10 KBps. That's staggering in its pointlessness for a 400 Mb file.

At least the e-mail seems to be working OK.

I normally have EXCELLENT speed with TOT. I have a 7MB connection and it runs between 700 and 800 KB/s.

When I called them today, I was told they were doint an "upgrade" and to "please not use the internet." ... No estimation given for when they would have things back to "normal".

Thanks for the info. The upgrade will probably end up like the "upgrade" to Thappraya Road, taking 5 years and producing a crock of sh*te at the end.

I am getting some TV pages not loading on first try also pictures from regular news sites only loading only half way this morning, something is amiss somewhere.

Sophon (CAT I believe) has been fine, I lost patience with 3BB long ago and haven't looked back.

I had Sophon when I lived in a condo and it was usually OK. When I moved to a house I checked with their office and they told me I could have Sophon broadband installed, no problem, as other houses in the village were using it. Of course, when the day came they found that my house at the far end of the village couldn't pick up a strong enough signal, even when they strung a brand new cable to the house. I already had a TOT land line so I ended up with TOT broadband as well, as it seemed the simplest solution.

The guy who lived here before me tried several options and he told me the best solution he'd found was to get broadband via a DTAC mobile phone dongle.