Bar Mitzvah, Coming Out Party, Or Both?

Jingthing

Something just for fun!

Something retro from the Age of Madonna, Circa 1992

In case you're wondering the very happy bar mitzvah boy today is an accomplished lawyer and gay activist.clap2.gif

Is that You. Jing

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Bummer: youtube removed the audio because of copyright infringement.

Well, I just watched the whole thing including audio. I did think it was you (JT), thanks for clarifying that it wasn't.

Does Bar Mitzvah mean that the boy in the video is going to be mutilated? sick.gif

I think that happens much earlier at the 'bris', Tom! tongue.png As a baby.

According to Hilary Clinton it's one of the "top three" steps to curing the AIDS crisis: putting more infected people on AIDS drugs earlier, circumcising men and giving more medicines to prevent the transmission of HIV from a mother to a child and according to her husband it's as effective as Truvada (and a lot cheaper!). I still prefer condoms.

(Sorry if I'm straying off topic)

Mine too, JT - but from what I've read its only female to male transmission that's safer and not male to female transmission, and "homosexual sex" is only excluded because no tests were done specifying "anal sex" only (with the added inference that it may be safe for the "top" partner).

More importantly that rather crucial bit of information only appears in the medical studies and not elsewhere. There are a lot of questions about the validity of the study overall and, personally, I think it's rather rash and possibly very dangerous advice as it's tantamount to encouraging circumcised men to indulge in unprotected sex without thinking of the danger to their partner (or themselves, as the study hasn't been validated).

• 11 months later...

New viral video of the gayest Bar Mitzvah ever! (last year)

Mazel Tov Sam Horowitz.

The comments are hilarious.

Great video, good for him, but dam_n don't let him go to Russia.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.541471

So what’s next for Sam? He’s heading to New York City Fashion Week in three weeks. “He loves fashion,” says his mom. “He’s got friends at Neiman Marcus.”
Edited by Jingthing

I'm curious. Based on that Bar Mitzvah party of Sam (also the interest in fashion), do you think it is reasonable to assume that the Bar Mitzvah boy is a gay boy? People seem to be doing that. I have done it. It's based of course on stereotypes about gay flamboyance. I was nothing like that at 13 and never have been and I reckon most gay people weren't either, but I still think these stereotypes are pervasive. Any thoughts?

Either way, I think Sam is GREAT and of course a very lucky boy to have such loving tolerant parents to indulge his fantasies for his Bar Mitzvah party, not to mention he was very fortunately born into a prominent family.

Edited by Jingthing