Wave A Magic Wand......What'S Missing From Chiang Mai?1

theblether

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A place that really non profit for any people come to drink coffee/tea, eat some soup, fried rice,... simple food and drink for free, share some experience if they want, or just come to read a book, watch tv, listen to the music (not loud),... may be have some rooms (free)for people who have some problem and no place to sleep (just for a fews day max.), then put some small donate box in case some people what to give a few baht help to survive this place. I am not sure if it will be only a wish, but who know may be possible to begin with 2 baht for a cup of coffeesmile.png .

An expanded immigration office - more staff and larger premises.

Less foreigners so the current immigration office (which was already extended a couple years ago) suffices.

+1 Perhaps an immigration check point about 50 kilo's out in each direction, no Chiang Mai visa, no visit, where do you get visa's from, you can't - OK, out of country tourists can have four days max.

• Like 1

More shopping malls tongue.pnglicklips.gif

Seriously, a beach would be nice but then EVERYONE would want to live in Chiang Mai. Tuk tuk mafia would move up from Phuket, Russians from Pattaya and a new expanded Immigration Office would be overcrowded AGAIN. crazy.gif

Besides, a beach without surf is just sand. sleep.pngshock1.gif

• Like 1

More shopping malls tongue.pnglicklips.gif

Seriously, a beach would be nice but then EVERYONE would want to live in Chiang Mai. Tuk tuk mafia would move up from Phuket, Russians from Pattaya and a new expanded Immigration Office would be overcrowded AGAIN. crazy.gif

Besides, a beach without surf is just sand. sleep.pngshock1.gif

Exactly, thats why I didnt mention beach. Chiang Mai with beach would be way too popular... ;)

Less foreigners so the current immigration office (which was already extended a couple years ago) suffices.

Can't have a beach "and" less foreigners, a beach could only raise the amount of foreigners here, which would make immigration even worse.sad.png not forgetting the Russian influx !

Can't have a beach "and" less foreigners, a beach could only raise the amount of foreigners here, which would make immigration even worse.sad.png not forgetting the Russian influx !

Whoops ! replied before reading it all and repeated someone else...blink.png

A top football (soccer) team, competing in an ASEAN Champions League, with players from all over the world. Premier League's back tonight!

Turkish Baths. Seriously would be popular if created at some of the Hot Springs, where I have been hugely disappointed with the facilities in both private and government run institutions.

Brisbane Qld was a pretty ordinary city until the 'south bank' of it's river was converted to park land complete with artificial lagoon/beach after the '88 World Expo.

lagoon.JPG

I couldn't agree more, and all my friends with children too... If you really want more visitors to Chiang Mai get a GREAT WATER PARK. Chiang Mai is a long way to the sea, but with a great water park it wouldn't matter a bit - and lets face it, there's no shortage of water here each year!

My vote is to convert the white elephant that is Rachapreuk into a world class water park / fake beach. The infrastructure (car parks, roads, etc.) are already in place. To me it just seems so obvious that that place needs a new purpose. To be honest, what idiot built it for a flower festival without a clear consideration of what it would be used for afterwards? Crazy! They now have a half-arsed flower festival there each year, but it largely goes unused in-between whilst an army of gardeners are paid to maintain it. For what? lol

Now, funding it... If each Thaivisa member had one burger and a bottle of water less each week and put the money into a central kitty we could do this before the turn of the century... Although, thinking about it , that's not going to work - all the money gets spent on the other kind of kitty ;-0

• Like 2

Sidewalks.

Breathable air in April.

Muji / Uniglo

A proper hospital

Im along the same lines as you.

Walkable streets.

Breathable air.

Cleaner.

Safer drivers

Less congestion

Less Noise pollution

..and sorry, but younger and/or more active (no huge chip on shoulders) farangs. (not meaning anything negative against farangs we have now, but really wish there was more of a balance, thats all)

The hospital one is nationwide and too big a ideology for me to even fathom...

Edited by eek
  • Like 2