Budget Bill Passes As Democrats Cry Foul

Lite Beer

Budget Bill passes as Democrats cry foul

The Nation on Sunday August 19, 2012 1:00 am

BANGKOK: -- The Lower House yesterday endorsed the Budget Bill for fiscal 2013 in the third reading, by 279 to 8 votes, with 127 abstentions.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the government failed to clarify questions about budget allocations, especially on four important points, including the allocation of Bt120 billion for flood rehabilitation and prevention from central funds.

He said the Opposition wanted to know if the government spent that massive amount of money efficiently and with transparency, but the Pheu Thai Party spokesman showed an "intelligence shortfall" by saying the House was looking at fiscal budget bills for 2013, so why were they scrutinising the 2012 budget?

Chavanond said the government sought additional funds for flood rehabilitation and prevention in the 2013 budget but refused to give details in documents to show if this year's budget was spent efficiently.

"I believe this is to open loopholes for corruption in flood prevention projects. The government is planning to seek an additional Bt350 billion for the [same] purpose."

The spokesman said Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had assigned a minister with a tainted record to be in charge of the Bt350 billion in loans for flood projects. He said the National Counter Corruption Commission had accused Science Minister Plodprasob Surassawadee of graft, and public prosecutors had decided to prosecute him over irregularities that took place when he served as Natural Resources and Environment Minister.

"The PM must change the person who handles this huge fund. Actually, there should not be ministers facing corruption charges in the Cabinet at all," he said.

Chavanond also questioned Deputy Agriculture Minister Natthawut Saikua over his plan to shore up rubber prices by reducing rubber plantations and exports. "If 100,000 rai of rubber plantation has to be felled, what can rubber farmers live on? It takes seven years for rubber to mature. What would the minister do with the rubber which does not get to export if he wants to reduce exports by 150,000 tonnes?"

He also asked Natthawut why he asked for an additional Bt1.5 billion in funds when he wants farmers to fell their rubber trees and reduce exports. "More funds would mean a loophole for corruption by politicians and traders, who store rubber with their go-downs."

In regard to the rice-pledging scheme, Chavanond said the public and private sectors and academics believed the scheme created corruption, but the government tried to claim that growers, sellers or millers were involved, not authorities or politicians.

The Thailand Development Research Institute had estimated that only 17-20 per cent of Bt260 billion the government requested would reach farmers and that 80 per cent or Bt200 billion would fall into the hands of politicians and those involved in the rice scheme.

The project would destroy the country's economic and agricultural structure.

"If this project is really good for farmers, why have farmers' debts risen by 5 per cent even though the government also issued a debt moratorium?" he asked.

Statistics by the University of the Thai Chamber Of Commerce showed that farmers' household debts rose by 3-5 per cent from Bt103,000 to Bt110,000, he said.

Meanwhile, Bangkok MP Sansern Samalapa will today call a press conference to reveal figures on the Oil Fund.

Chavanond said whenever the Oil Fund was in the red, it meant the government used the fund to support fuel prices domestically. That was why LPG and NGV prices were not high and the public could enjoy relatively cheap fuel prices. But under the current government the Oil Fund was in the red and both LPG and NGV were expensive.

"If they float LPG, the Oil Fund will also be in the red, so does that mean the government sought Bt20 billion in loans to support the private sector?'' he asked.

Meanwhile, Senator Suradej Jiratticharoen (Prachin Buri), secretary to the House Special Committee on the Budget Bill, said the Senate was likely to meet on Sept 3-4 to debate the bill. He said the Senate, which has held parallel meetings to scrutinise the Budget Bill, found that the allocations were not transparent.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-19

Why ask for more money for your ministry, when you want to chop down rubber-trees and reduce production, obviously because those axes don't come cheap ! laugh.png

Then there's training-courses on how to use them, administrative fees for monitoring their use, 5-star inspection-trips to Canada to see lumberjacks at work there too, a whole raft of ancillary-costs ! rolleyes.gif

Cabinet ministers facing corruption charges ministers facing terrorism charges why not throw in some murders and bank robbers to the mix?

Thailand the only country where you can not be prosecuted for crime if you are a member of the government.

Chavanond also questioned Deputy Agriculture Minister Natthawut Saikua over his plan to shore up rubber prices by reducing rubber plantations and exports.

Can we do the same to shore up rice prices?

• Like 1

"Statistics by the University of the Thai Chamber Of Commerce showed that farmers' household debts rose by 3-5 per cent from Bt103,000 to Bt110,000, he said."

The cost of living has gone up, if I may interject here???? The floods last year were a major factor here....

Chavanond also questioned Deputy Agriculture Minister Natthawut Saikua over his plan to shore up rubber prices by reducing rubber plantations and exports.

Burn the buildings down that store the rice.

That's something the Indicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister's familiar with.

Meanwhile, with the amounts being bantered about,

"Bt120 billion"

"Bt350 billion"

"80 per cent or Bt200 billion would fall into the hands of politicians"

Thaksin, ver. 4.0

is clearly going to Surpass the Unprecedented.

Thaksin, ver. 1.0

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5562983

Edited by Buchholz

Burn the buildings down that store it.

That's something the Indicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister's familiar with.

More hyperbole and misinformation.

have some balls, name the red shirt leader concerned and remind us when he was convicted of an act of terrorism.

• Like 1

Burn the buildings down that store it.

name the red shirt leader concerned and remind us when he was convicted of an act of terrorism.

I didn't say Convicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister, I said,

Indicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister.

His name is in the post I quoted, but just for completeness sake, I'll amend my post to say,

Indicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister Pheu Thai Party-list Member of Parliament Natthawut Saikua

Edited by Buchholz

I didn't say Convicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister, I said,

Indicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister.

His name is in the post I quoted, but just for completeness sake, I'll amend my post to say,

Indicted Terrorist Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister Pheu Thai Party-list Member of Parliament Natthawut Saikua

You clearly call him the 'indicted terrorist red shirt leader'. Tell us when he was convicted of terrorism. last time i looked people were innocent until proven guilty.

Shouldn't it read 'indicted on terrorist charges' rather than 'terrorist red shirt leader'? Or will this go against your principals of misdirection, hyperbole and propaganda.

We all know your game so why even waste your time doing it, it is pointless and petty

• Like 1

Shouldn't it read 'indicted on terrorist charges'

My, how you struggle to protect your side. We'll simplify for you

Thrice Indicted Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister Pheu Thai Party-list Member of Parliament Natthawut Saikua

Thrice Indicted Red Shirt Leader Currently Out On Bail Deputy Agriculture Minister Pheu Thai Party-list Member of Parliament Natthawut Saikua

there you go, that wasn't hard was it?

Still have some nonsense in there though about 'my side' when I have made it abundantly clear I have no side in thai politics, I just like to highlight posts by people like you, on either side, that deal in lies and misinformation in their posts, but we can let that slide now you finally realize how to write a post without being defamatory.

Well done you, yayyyyyyyyy clap2.gif

Edited by carra
  • Like 1

Still have some nonsense in there though about 'my side' when I have made it abundantly clear I have no side in thai politics, I just like to highlight posts by people like you, on either side, that deal in lies and misinformation in their posts, but we can let that slide now you finally realize how to write a post without being defamatory.

"I have no side"

"lies"

.... :cheesy:

"I have no side"

"lies"

.... cheesy.gif

Why would I have any qualms aligning myself to one side? Do you really think i would be scared to say i was a red shirt if that was true? If you think that then you clearly do not know me, if you want to know me there is a pm button, please fell free to use it and we can meet and discuss politics and you will go away with a better understanding of me and why I may appear to be 'red'. this is not a threat, i would genuinely be happy to meet and have a conversation,

As I have said many times, I take pleasure in pointing out lies and hyperbole in posts, and if it appears I do that more against 'anti reds' then that should tell you something, those are the posts that are full of lies, hyperbole, petty name calling and clearly biased views.

wink.png I look forward to your pm, but please come yourself, please do not send a link whistling.gif

• Like 1

Well done you, yayyyyyyyyy clap2.gif

you mean you're not a red?

As I have said many times, I take pleasure in pointing out lies and hyperbole in posts, and if it appears I do that more against 'anti reds' then that should tell you something, those are the posts that are full of lies, hyperbole, petty name calling and clearly biased views.

Which, ironically, reveals your own bias as that's inaccurate. Proportionally, there's no more on one side than the other. Now with the similar type of hyperbole that you use, I could blurt out and call it a "lie", but I'm not you, so I'll call it inaccurate.

Making such a fuss over the nuances involved with 2 words "indicted terrorist" versus "indicted on terrorism charges" while completely ignoring the absurdity of having someone in government with his credentials as described with complete accuracy of the other 19 words used also reflects bias. Particularly when balanced against entire paragraphs and posts of others which are wholly inaccurate. Please point to a post where a red posted a litany of lies or even one inaccuracy and you jumped in to "point it out."

Edited by Buchholz

Which, ironically, reveals your own bias as that's inaccurate. Proportionally, there's no more on one side than the other. Now with the similar type of hyperbole that you use, I could blurt out and call it a "lie", but I'm not you, so I'll call it inaccurate.

Making such a fuss over the nuances involved with 2 words "indicted terrorist" versus "indicted on terrorism charges" while completely ignoring the absurdity of having someone in government with his credentials as described with complete accuracy of the other 19 words used also reflects bias. Particularly when balanced against entire paragraphs and posts of others which are wholly inaccurate. Please point to a post where a red posted a litany of lies or even one inaccuracy and you jumped in to "point it out."

Still waiting for your pm, or keep your opinion of my political leaning to yourself as you are clearly very wrong.

279 to 8 votes. This is a big big approval margin.

It is and actually brings us to the topic after the derailment.

Perhaps the other portion of my post that was ignored can help keep it there.

"Bt120 billion"

"Bt350 billion"

Thaksin, ver. 4.0

Thaksin, ver. 1.0

Additionally, going back to the vote.

If I'm not mistaken, the 279 reflects a lower amount than the coalition government has. I wonder which of them abstained or voted no.

279 to 8 votes. This is a big big approval margin.

"Bt120 billion"

"Bt350 billion"

Thaksin, ver. 4.0

Thaksin, ver. 1.0

Additionally, going back to the vote.

If I'm not mistaken, the 279 reflects a lower amount than the coalition government has. I wonder which of them abstained or voted no.

Do you mean the derailment where you called a non convicted man a terrorist? If you had just posted properly without tarnishing people then the thread would not have been 'derailed'.

By the way still waiting for the pm or don't you like being proved wrong?

maybe you can also clear up when Thakisn became 'software', what is Thaksin, ver. 4.0 and Thaksin, ver. 1.0? It seems you think this is relevant to the thread so wouldn't it be better to be clearer? I am not aware of any differing 'versions' of Thaksin.

As for which members of the Government voted against the bill, there was only 8 votes against so it shouldn't be too hard for them to find out who it was whistling.gif

Edited by carra

As for which members of the Government voted against the bill, there was only 8 votes against so it shouldn't be too hard for them to find out who it was whistling.gif

279 for, 8 against, 127 abstentions = 414 out of 500 MPs. So who couldn't be bothered showing up? Oh yeah, one was checking her drains.

"Bt120 billion"

"Bt350 billion"

Thaksin, ver. 4.0

Thaksin, ver. 1.0

maybe you can also clear up when Thakisn became 'software', what is Thaksin, ver. 4.0 and Thaksin, ver. 1.0? It seems you think this is relevant to the thread so wouldn't it be better to be clearer? I am not aware of any differing 'versions' of Thaksin.

For the benefit of the unaware,

Thaksin, Ver. 1.0

10-1.jpg

Thaksin, Ver. 2.0

20-1.jpg

Thaksin, Ver. 3.0

30.jpg

Thaksin, Ver. 4.0

40.jpg

As the newer version gets into fully installed mode, it's showing itself fully capable of becoming far superior to previous versions as numbers of the OP and the quoted post attest to.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Funny how there is a youtube video link for the Budget Debate on a Democrat biased site (search masterdmp001)but there's no coverage on the Red Shirt youtube channel (search reduniverse reduniverse). Budget debate is unimportant for some folks I suppose.

name='ThaiOats' timestamp='1345469170' post='5589736']

Funny how there is a youtube video link for the Budget Debate on a Democrat biased site (search masterdmp001)but there's no coverage on the Red Shirt youtube channel (search reduniverse reduniverse). Budget debate is unimportant for some folks I suppose.

[/u]

For some party leaders the political process is so unimportant they never turn up to parliment and their cabinet just turns up to vote that more of the treasury money is poured into the trough with no strings attached.

They know that whatever the government does is in Red-Shirt interests, they learned that in (Red-Shirt) re-education school, and also that having the Opposition debate the government's spending-plans for the following year is clearly elitist & undemocratic, same source.

They also know that their government would have changed the politicians, who made it rain harder last year and then forgot to open the dam-sluices, and that any suggestion that Banharn's chums are still in-charge is obviously false.

So much dis-information in the media these days ! wink.png

"Bt120 billion"

"Bt350 billion"

Thaksin, ver. 4.0

Thaksin, ver. 1.0

For the benefit of the unaware,

Thaksin, Ver. 1.0

10-1.jpg

Thaksin, Ver. 2.0

20-1.jpg

Thaksin, Ver. 3.0

30.jpg

Thaksin, Ver. 4.0

40.jpg

As the newer version gets into fully installed mode, it's showing itself fully capable of becoming far superior to previous versions as numbers of the OP and the quoted post attest to.

The metamorphoses of Thaksin. Due out in October. Mike Myers to play all roles.