Need Translation Of 4 Lines Of Thai Text

Maestro

I should be grateful for any help with the translation of the attached text. I have no program to convert Thai text in an image to a text document and thus cannot pass it through Google translator. The text is from a page of a bank's internal guidelines about opening a bank account for foreigners:

post-21260-0-65176700-1345383116_thumb.g

If you wish to see the whole page, eg for more context, it is here.

Apparently it says that the foreigner who has either a Tourist Visa or a Transit visa cannot open a bank account. I didn't know that there was such a thing as a transit visa but google explains what it is.

Apparently it says that the foreigner who has either a Tourist Visa or a Transit visa cannot open a bank account. I didn't know that there was such a thing as a transit visa but google explains what it is.

No it doesnt. It says if you have the visas shown, you CAN open a bank account. It says your passport needs to have either of the 2 visas stamped. The transit visa allows you to go everywhere basically, cambodia laos etc. Edited by krisb

1.4 ผู้ถือหนังสือเดินทางที่ประทับตรา Visa ดังต่อไปนี้ไม่อนุญาตให้เปิดบัญชี

(Holders of passports stamped with the following visas are not permitted to open accounts.)

1.4.1 (Transit Visa)

1.4.2 (Tourist Visa)

JAS21 is correct.

About the transit visa... it's nothing to do with going to Cambodia or Laos per se; it's for people passing through Thailand on their way to other places. The visa itself is valid for three months, and gives you 30 days in the country with each entry. Athletes, as well as captains and drivers of ships and buses that may be docking or passing through Thailand, are also categorized under this visa.

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/1287/19765-%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%93%E0%B8%91%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87-%E0%B9%86.html

(Holders of passports stamped with the following visas are not permitted to open accounts.)

1.4.1 (Transit Visa)

1.4.2 (Tourist Visa)

JAS21 is correct.

sorry I missed mai. bad luck no account.

1.4.1 (Transit Visa)

1.4.2 (Tourist Visa)

JAS21 is correct.

sorry I missed mai. bad luck no account.

Don't worry ... I didn't ... madam is never wrong ... she told me so ......... and she even knew what a transit visa was, but didn't know the three different classes ... so she doesn't actually know everything ... I live and learn ............

Edited by JAS21