Brit Busted For Cocaine Dealing Outside Nightclub

Rimmer

Brit Busted For Cocaine Dealing Outside Nightclub

247.jpeg

PATTAYA: -- A 54-year-old British man was arrested by the Chonburi Immigration Office for selling cocaine to foreigners. He told police he bought the cocaine from a friend in the Nana district in Bangkok, and re-sold it at a profit to Pattaya buyers.

PATTAYA – August 19, 2012 [PDN]; At 12:10 a.m., the arrest of a cocaine dealer was announced by Pol. Lt. Col. Rattapong Tiasood, director of Chonburi immigration office; Pol. Lt. Capt. Thanadit Thuenchamnan, vice inspector; and the plainclothes detective team.

The suspect was indentified as Mr. Duncan James McGee, age 54, British. Mr. Duncan was arrested arrested opposite the X-cite club, route 3 road, Moo 9, Tambon Nong Prue, Banglamung. Police seized the cocaine, packaged in 9 transparent plastic bags.

Police had been investigating Mr. Duncan after an undercover agent reported that a foreigner was selling cocaine to groups of foreign people living in Pattaya. The suspect had been selling cocaine in the area where he was arrested.

Police monitored Mr. Duncan as he rode his motorcycle to park opposite the nightclub. They watched him behaving suspiciously, standing and talking on his phone.The police then showed themselves and arrested him. They found the cocaine concealed in his pocket.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...side-nightclub/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-08-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid move. I don't envy his situation now, however self inflicted.

One thing I find amusing about the local "journalism" is the double standard of how Thai vs. foreign criminals are treated.

For example when a Thai is caught stealing, usually the local "press" reports some inane personal detail like the accused felt the need to steal to have the money to enjoy the nightlife in Fun City. Usually no such colorful (or any) "rationales" when a foreigner is busted. The public knows pretty much why people do crimes ...

Edited by Jingthing

What kind of punishment is he facing?

my interpretation of this article from Siam legal is the following because it is a category two drug

Up to life imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 – 5,000,000 Baht, or the death penalty, (depending upon the amount of the substance or substances found) for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal

http://www.siam-lega...in-thailand.php

anyway what ever he gets he deserves the full lot because at that age you really should know betterermm.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

my interpretation of this article from Siam legal is the following because it is a category two drug

Up to life imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 – 5,000,000 Baht, or the death penalty, (depending upon the amount of the substance or substances found) for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal

anyway what ever he gets he deserves the full lot because at that age you really should know betterermm.gif

Probably done it all his life in farangland. Noooooooo sympathy from anyone except the farang crack heads in LOS. bah.gif

British ex-pat suspected of selling class 1 drugs in Pattaya

20_08_55_1_5.jpg

PATTAYA:--Immigration Police arrested a 54 Year old Englishmanon Sunday Morning, accused of possession and sale of a class 1 drug.

Officer arrested Mr. Duncan James McGee, a well-known Pattaya ex-pat, at the conclusion of a covert operation on Pattaya Third Road opposite the now-demolished Xzyte Discotheque.

Police state that contact was made with the suspect and it was arranged to sell a quantity of Cocaine to an undercover officer posing as a drugs buyer. During questioning, Mr. McGee claimed he would purchase the drugs from a foreign agent based in the Nana Entertainment area of Bangkok for 2,000 Baht per packet and would re-sell for between 3,000 and 4,000 Baht. On this occasion he was in possession of 9 packets of a white powder which Police tested and found to be Cocaine.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-drugs-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Great journalism, dealing outside a nightclub that was totally demolished several months ago.

Deleted facecious comment, I see Pattaya One have said it was indeed opposite the demolished old Xyte site

Edited by QED

Great journalism, dealing outside a nightclub that was totally demolished several months ago.

Deleted facecious comment, I see Pattaya One have said it was indeed opposite the demolished old Xyte site

The article says he was a "well-known" Pattaya expat - anybody know him ? was he in real estate perchance ? (as one of the posters on the P1 site mentions)

The article says he was a "well-known" Pattaya expat - anybody know him ? was he in real estate perchance ? (as one of the posters on the P1 site mentions)

He's well-known now. :(

• Like 1

From his size, it appears that Duncan wasn't using any of his own product. No worries, he'll get on a diet and lose those unsightly kilos as soon as the shackles go on and he's sharing a cell with 30 Thais.

According to posts on Facebook he is already released and the case dropped for a nice sum off 500 k

If he was seems not the business to get into eh, take note all. sad.png

From his size, it appears that Duncan wasn't using any of his own product. No worries, he'll get on a diet and lose those unsightly kilos as soon as the shackles go on and he's sharing a cell with 30 Thais.

According to posts on Facebook he is already released and the case dropped for a nice sum off 500 k

If true, crazy. Those in control want to change the regions image, total crap. sad.png

Noice!!! Good to know that the economic engine in Pattaya is still primed and pumping. I wonder how many grams of coke he'll have to sell to make up the difference in lost profits?

Noice!!! Good to know that the economic engine in Pattaya is still primed and pumping. I wonder how many grams of coke he'll have to sell to make up the difference in lost profits?

The payment might have been made BUT that does not mean he will not disappear shortly. whistling.gif

I wonder if the tourist police volunteers were involved in this bust? The initial article said he sold to other farangs and the later article said "Police state that contact was made with the suspect and it was arranged to sell a quantity of Cocaine to an undercover officer posing as a drugs buyer."

I am not at all against the tourist police helping stamp out this sort of anti social behaviour, just wondering if they were involved?

............ he rode his motorcycle to park opposite the nightclub.......

if your gonna be a gangster and take the risk of going to a Thai slammer, at least make sure its worth a few hundred million baht. ........

no amount is worth the risk surely when you are in an environment where you have no idea

about special relationships between Thai drug dealers and the police? how could this guy

ever know who to trust ? he would have been at risk of being doublecrossed at any time.

I am more surprised that what can be street bought in Bangkok for 2k can be sold for up to 4k in Pattaya.

Should his be in the "double pricing" thread ? .... smile.png

But to try to take over locals' street business wasn't wise apart from anything else.

And I was just going to ask how much a gram of coke goes for....thanks now.

Many people with not a lot else going on in their life come to Thailand, and then understandably don't want to leave.

Without savings or hope for gainful employment, it's not surprising some turn to crime.

Sadly, there are far too many of these people around.

must agree what a low life idiot.