Political Correctness - Good Or Bad?

chrisinth

Would love to see a genuine survey and genuine answers on the following two questions.

Were you ever insulted by the figure that used to appear on certain jam containers ?

Were you ever insulted by the name on a certain toothpaste before they changed the "K" to an "L"

Back in the early 80's, one of the ships in the minehunting squadron in Rosyth (Scotland) had 'that figure that used to appear on certain jam containers' as the ship's unofficial logo. No offence was ever intended with this and certainly nothing involving the reason it was removed.

It took a directive from someone very high up before the boys took it down. It was given a full military burial at sea. The wake lasted for me until 1997 when I left the navy, I knew some that still continued to mourn longer than that...............rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

Would love to see a genuine survey and genuine answers on the following two questions.

Were you ever insulted by the figure that used to appear on certain jam containers ?

Were you ever insulted by the name on a certain toothpaste before they changed the "K" to an "L"

Back in the early 80's, one of the ships in the minehunting squadron in Rosyth (Scotland) had 'that figure that used to appear on certain jam containers' as the ship's unofficial logo. No offence was ever intended with this and certainly nothing involving the reason it was removed.

It took a directive from someone very high up before the boys took it down. It was given a full military burial at sea. The wake lasted for me until 1997 when I left the navy, I knew some that still continued to mourn longer than that...............rolleyes.gif

GOLLY shock1.gif

What can I say

GOLLY shock1.gif

What can I say

hit-the-fan.gif Carefull there mate, don't know whos reading this ph34r.png

My DARLIE doesn't allow me to do that...........wink.png

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

I think it has also been banned in Thailand, as it offended the sexpats who have bargirls as girlfriends.