Tax Advice Required

narkeddiver

Hi,

I wonder if you can offer me some advice on a tax issue

My UK employers are sending me to Thailand to work on a project with one of our Thai suppliers - I will be providing advice about the UK business processes

My UK company and the Thai company are sponsoring me for a non imm B visa and the Thai company will sponsor me for a work permit

I will be employed by my UK employers and my wages will be paid into my UK bank account

The tax manager for my UK employers says that after 180 days residence in Thailand my UK earnings become can be taxed in Thailand - is this correct?

Many thanks,

ND

Any foreigner who stays in Thailand more than 180 days in any tax year shall be deemed a resident of Thailand for tax purposes in that particular tax year. You must declare your worldwide income including pension income received in your home country and file tax return using the tax return form P.N.D. 90 or P.N.D. 91 (if the individual only receives pension income, P.N.D. 91 will be used). If you are in Thailand for less than 180 days then you declare only the income that you have earned in Thailand.

Please be aware that if you are here on a work permit you must pay taxes and if you wish to obtain an extension of stay based on working, you must pay taxes on a salary of at least 50,000 Baht a month.

If you have any tax questions please don't hesitate to get in touch

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]