Son Of Nakhon Ratchasima M.P. Shot Dead; M.P. Likely Target Of Killing: Police

webfact

ASSASSINATION

MP likely target of killing: police

THE NATION

30188826-01_big.JPG

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- A personal or political conflict was thought to be behind the fatal shooting of the son of a government MP on Monday night. But the victim could have been mistaken for his father, according to police and the politician's colleagues.

"It's likely that the perpetrators wanted to kill MP Chada Thaiseth. They hit the wrong target after he changed cars," Pol Maj General Ong-art Piewruangnont, Nakhon Ratchasima police chief, said yesterday.

Chada, an Uthai Thani MP from the coalition Chart Thai Pattana Party, was on a vacation in Nakhon Ratchasima with his family.

They were heading back in two vehicles to a Khao Yai resort where they were staying and had just made a stop at a convenience store shortly before midnight, according to Ong-art.

An unknown number of men in a pickup truck fired on the sport utility vehicle driven by Farut, 27, killing him instantly.

Farut was following in the SUV after Chada took another vehicle with a local friend when he was overtaken by the pickup on a narrow lane. After the attack, the SUV rammed into a power pole.

Ong-art said the initial theory was that the murder was caused by a personal or political dispute.

Farut had been introduced earlier by Chada, 51, as his "political heir" in the next general election.

Chada is now under protection in a "safe house" with a team of bodyguards and police. He asked for police to wait until after Farut's Muslim funeral before questioning him about his son's death.

The two-time MP and former Uthai Thani mayor has been acquitted in two murder cases in which he was accused of being the mastermind.

Chart Thai Pattana sources said Chada had made many political and business enemies in his province, which could have led to Monday night's attack.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said he believed the operation was well planned, dismissing a theory that Farut was a victim of road rage.

Pol General Adul Sangsingkaew, who is in line to become the next national police chief, yesterday ordered Nakhon Ratchasima and Uthai Thani police to try to find the reason for the attack. One possibility was road rage, he was quoted as saying by a senior police officer.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-22

That's not the reason the "other" newspaper gave according to the Police chief they interviewed -- they quoted him as saying it was likely "AN ACT OF ROAD RAGE". Oh yeah. Sure it was!!!

Now I know why TV doesn't allow linking to that "other" newspaper ...

I held it up in class today and asked my students which section of the newspaper it was. They all said "That's the front page". I told them it was more like the Business section. After all... that's all this news really is.

A case of mistaken identity. I always feel sorry when someone's family member is killed or dies, but politicians live by their own rules and sometimes die by them.

Don't feel too sorry. The death of the son probably saved some poor sap from being run over by him in the future, for which, as the son of a prominent politician he would undoubtedly walk away from without any negative personal ramifications.

How very true, play with fire and you get burned.

Political heir. Father involved in two murder cases. Corruption accepted by 61 percent of uni students if in their favor. RIP to the son? Bugger off! It's just the next piece of Thai political mafia scum who would have been the same as his father.

Agreed. Forgive me if I feel absolutely no remorse. I actually feel more remorse for that hooker that got stabbed to death in a drunken, druggie rage.

These political bouts are no different than those stupid ignorant technical school morons killing each other in public view -- except those stupid ignorant technical school morons hurt more innocent bystanders and cause more collateral damage.

• Like 2

Pol General Adul Sangsingkaew, who is in line to become the next national police chief, yesterday ordered Nakhon Ratchasima and Uthai Thani police to try to find the reason for the attack. One possibility was road rage, he was quoted as saying by a senior police officer.

Road rage? A pickup truck full of armed men all became enraged at the same time and opened fire. Oh sure, happens all the time, morons.

The selection of the next police chief has very little to do with acumen or ability.

• Like 2

Political heir. Father involved in two murder cases. Corruption accepted by 61 percent of uni students if in their favor. RIP to the son? Bugger off! It's just the next piece of Thai political mafia scum who would have been the same as his father.

Agreed. Forgive me if I feel absolutely no remorse. I actually feel more remorse for that hooker that got stabbed to death in a drunken, druggie rage.

These political bouts are no different than those stupid ignorant technical school morons killing each other in public view -- except those stupid ignorant technical school morons hurt more innocent bystanders and cause more collateral damage.

I believe you mean sadness.

'Remorse' would be if you DID the action and regretted it.

• Like 2

A case of mistaken identity. I always feel sorry when someone's family member is killed or dies, but politicians live by their own rules and sometimes die by them.

Don't feel too sorry. The death of the son probably saved some poor sap from being run over by him in the future, for which, as the son of a prominent politician he would undoubtedly walk away from without any negative personal ramifications.

What crap theory and assumptions! Like you know the son personally to know that he would take after the father! For Christ's sake, he is only 27 years! Life is just the beginning for him. Too cruel of you to be judging him on the merits of his father!! Get a life!

• Like 1

Whoops.

I seriously need to discuss getting off the Xanax with my doctor... it's not helped my sleep and just makes me feel worse in the mornings!!!

Edited by theajarn

What crap theory and assumptions! Like you know the son personally to know that he would take after the father! For Christ's sake, he is only 27 years! Life is just the beginning for him. Too cruel of you to be judging him on the merits of his father!! Get a life!

While in a broader sense your sttatement may carry some weight, it is quite common to hear politician's sons wailing to the police who have come to arrest them/assembled media.

"Don't you know who I am?

:blink:

• Like 1

Quote: "The two-time MP and former Uthai Thani mayor has been acquitted in two murder cases in which he was accused of being the mastermind."

Two time MP and former mayor despite being involved in (acquitted) in two murder cases.

Wow, he must have some power.

Sounds like that is 3 murder cases now.

Maybe we will see him as Prime Minister or deputy Prime Minister once

The two-time MP and former Uthai Thani mayor has been acquitted in two murder cases in which he was accused of being the mastermind.

Wow.... the caliber of Thai national politicians (elected leaders) just keeps getting better and better!

Maybe the father should have ditched Parliament and applied to the BIB instead.

hey, leave it out. he's the ajarn here.

I suggest you take a lesson in the reality of some of these political mafia families and also Thai family bonds and expectations that come with that. There is only one group that they are groomed to take care off and that is not what the son wants but what the family and more importantly what the father thinks. They have no care for the Thai people only their own selfish greed and power grip.

Sadness and condolences go to the family of those with morals and values like the nurse who died in the final storming of the Wat in scum like Thaksins terrorist attack on Bangkok in 2010 or the prison guard hit man killed by his fellow corrupt scum guards just a few days ago.

While not agreeing with the sons death but also hoping the sons murderers are brought to justice, to be granting condolences to these scum is accepting the status quo of these thugs taking this country further into the gutter.

• Like 2

You have no idea what you are talking about. Why was the 27 year old boy carrying a gun? Why did the 27 year old boy shoot at the people who eventually killed him?

And now the police is supporting the father (who was earlier acquitted of a double murder) by making this look like an "accident".

If you don't smell something fishy here you better get a life.

What an absolutely ridiculous, not to say moronic assumption.

What an absolutely ridiculous, not to say moronic assumption.

Not when you know that the 27 year old boy was carrying a gun.

Edited by Nickymaster