Did Most Thai Visa Members Meet Their Wife In A Bar Or Not

ozziebloke

One thing you might take from this thread is that anyone who feels compelled to preface the introduction of their wife with “I for one did not meet my missus in a bar!” has already lost that PR battle. Would she feel compelled to introduce you as not being something socially unacceptable?

My mistake maybe. but it's just a question if youv'e heard it before and are bored by it then move on :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This question is a bunch of crap. How the hell do you know where people met their wife's. Are you going by your own experience. I didn't read many of the replies here, I just think this question is stupid and it piss the hell out of me that you would even ask it. Ýou want to know where I met my wife, as her if at a bar and she will kick the crap out of you. Moron.

Thats the problem with your post ! I was asking this question because another OP on another thread stated it! try reading the conversasion before you want to call me a moron

You don't know that "girls met in bars" in Thailand used in this context is a euphemism for Hooker?

i know the meaning and it is your choice to take that euphemism for Hooker. I live in Aus and Thailand. So what is your problem with me asking the question of something that someone else has stated ??

You seem to be talking yourself in circles, is English your first language? What are you saying here? That you know it means hooker but you don't mean hooker in your question, or yes you mean hooker?

So is it;

a. Is you wife a hooker and are you too ashamed to admit it

or

b. Did you meet your non hooker wife in a bar and are ashamed to admit it?

I've already pointed out the logical error of question a. and b. is just nonsensical, if I met my convent raised teacher wife in a nightclub, why would I be ashamed to say so?

What exactly are you asking?

You don't know that "girls met in bars" in Thailand used in this context is a euphemism for Hooker?

i know the meaning and it is your choice to take that euphemism for Hooker. I live in Aus and Thailand. So what is your problem with me asking the question of something that someone else has stated ??

You seem to be talking yourself in circles, is English your first language? What are you saying here? That you know it means hooker but you don't mean hooker in your question, or yes you mean hooker?

So is it;

or

I've already pointed out the logical error of question a. and b. is just nonsensical, if I met my convent raised teacher wife in a nightclub, why would I be ashamed to say so?

Your question is nonsensical. I was asking the question on something someone esle had stated. Are there rules against that ? Youv'e pointed out my error ? Why do you think your observasion/argument is the fact

So is it;

or

Your question is nonsensical. I was asking the question on something someone esle had stated. Are there rules against that ? Youv'e pointed out my error ? Why do you think your observasion/argument is the fact

OP: It's only fair to ask how you met your Thai wife in Australia, circumstances, what was her background prior to you meeting her? e.g. had she been sponsored to Australia by someone else prior to you meeting her etc

EDIT: The forum members, if they wish to do so, can then analyse, dissect & comment on your relationship as all the other threads have done on this topic - over to you...

She grew up in a convent ( so thoroughly opposite to me) And she was an english teacher. I was introduced to her through friends of mine.We have been together coming on seven years now

This has to be an attempt at Aussie dry humour, because so far nothing else from the OP is making any sense to mesad.png

Ok . I asked this question because it was stated on another thread today. I thought it was a bit harsh a thing to say so that was the reason i asked the question. My problem here with this thread i started to ask that question is that many want to shut it down because they have heard it before ? But people join this forum daily so why aren't they allowed to join in any conversation?

So why not ask the question on that thread/ ask the particular poster to explain his statement.

Because i was interested in others thoughts and my question had nothing to do with that thread

But why do you feel the need to know? Serious question. Seems a bit weird to me. Maybe you should get out more, or find yourself a hobby.
  • Like 1

OP: It's only fair to ask how you met your Thai wife in Australia, circumstances, what was her background prior to you meeting her? e.g. had she been sponsored to Australia by someone else prior to you meeting her etc

EDIT: The forum members, if they wish to do so, can then analyse, dissect & comment on your relationship as all the other threads have done on this topic - over to you...

She grew up in a convent ( so thoroughly opposite to me) And she was an english teacher. I was introduced to her through friends of mine.We have been together coming on seven years now

This has to be an attempt at Aussie dry humour, because so far nothing else from the OP is making any sense to mesad.png

you asked me aquestion ? I answered! What else do you need ?

Ok . I asked this question because it was stated on another thread today. I thought it was a bit harsh a thing to say so that was the reason i asked the question. My problem here with this thread i started to ask that question is that many want to shut it down because they have heard it before ? But people join this forum daily so why aren't they allowed to join in any conversation?

So why not ask the question on that thread/ ask the particular poster to explain his statement.

Because i was interested in others thoughts and my question had nothing to do with that thread

But why do you feel the need to know? Serious question. Seems a bit weird to me. Maybe you should get out more, or find yourself a hobby.

It's not a serious question! it's just a question. Whats the problem with that ?

no farang met his gf/partner/wife/bf in a bar.

Those 50/60/70 men with lovely young gf/wifves/partners/bf's all met somewhere else.

The females/bf's are attracted to old farangs with bad breath and bad habits, but it's nothing to do with money.

It's all about love and loyalty.

All gf's/wives/partners/bf even if they have no education do not need money and so the farang never meets them in bars etc.

Apart from that the farang, who I assume are all ex - special forces personnel, neither offer money or ever give and so all partners (female or male) stay for love and companionship.

It's a perfect world full of truth tellers and special forces personnel!!!

Those 50/60/70 men with lovely young gf/wifves/partners/bf's all met somewhere else.

The females/bf's are attracted to old farangs with bad breath and bad habits, but it's nothing to do with money.

All gf's/wives/partners/bf even if they have no education do not need money and so the farang never meets them in bars etc.

Apart from that the farang, who I assume are all ex - special forces personnel, neither offer money or ever give and so all partners (female or male) stay for love and companionship.

How right you are.Welcome newbie. Were you in 21 or 22 squadron ?. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

It's a fairly unique set of postings when even the Mod's can't be bothered to close the thread and hope it will just fade away, what does that tell you about the quality of the subject!

It's a fairly unique thread when the OP either doesn't know or refuses to state exactly what he is asking for feedback on.

it's a ridiculous question, not for the question itself but because the majority if farang, even if they did meet their partner is a bar won't admit it and also i havefound that over the past 10-12 years many of the farangs that frequent Thailand can't tell the truth anyway, hence my suggestion that many farang in Thai are ex special forces (or thats what I've been told on so many occassions) or they are ex pilots!

Ridiculous.

So, it's not the question, the issue is the farang and his issue with being honest.

Come on peeps, why do so many farangs in Thailand have issues with telling the truth and why do they think their stories are believable?

I can't decide weather to close this thread because it never ever got on topic or simply ignore it and hope it will fade away whistling.gif

Your choice :) My original question was

"most Thai visa fellows who are married to Thais, probably met the gals in bars - though few would deign to admit it."

I read this on a different thread and was wondering how close to the mark this poster was or how far away he was? I for one did not meet my missus in a bar! I didn't even meet her in Thailand. Any ideas ?

maybe i shouldn't have used the words Any idea? Maybe i should have said? What do you think of this comment

Neither mate, but their was this squadron that I can never talk about!!!!!

I am just a humble middle aged man who served in the UK for 4 years and now work in a normal job in the UK.

I have no story to tell or make up!

How right you are.Welcome newbie. Were you in 21 or 22 squadron ?. thumbsup.gif

My original question was

"most Thai visa fellows who are married to Thais, probably met the gals in bars - though few would deign to admit it."

I read this on a different thread and was wondering how close to the mark this poster was or how far away he was? I for one did not meet my missus in a bar! I didn't even meet her in Thailand. Any ideas ?

maybe i shouldn't have used the words Any idea? Maybe i should have said? What do you think of this comment

Okay thats it - I call this as a fishing exercise, this is clearly intended as a troll thread.

When the OP resorts to RE-QUOTING themselves, the thread deserves to die

CLOSE IT PLEASE MODS

• Like 1

My original question was

Okay thats it - I call this as a fishing exercise, this is clearly intended as a troll thread.

CLOSE IT PLEASE MODS

Correct. thumbsup.gif

well, all said and done, only they couples know where they really met (or do they)

Do the said 50/60/70 yo man walking hand in hand with 20/30 something lady really think others thinks she loves him????

Come on guys.

some are happy, some are conned, some lose little, some lose everything.

As they say in Thailand, up to them! (or is it up to you!!)

why worry where people met, it's their lives, and if they have no integrity to tell the truth about that or other things they cant face then that is up to them too.

All I know is that I steer clear of dock heeds like them!

Don't close it, it's been one of the more interesting topics for ages!!!!!

My original question was

CLOSE IT PLEASE MODS

Wow ! if you don't like the thread why do you need close it ? why not just not read it ? if you see a movie on tv and after watching it for awhile and decide you don't like it do you change the channel or do you phone the tv channel and demeand they shut down the movie ?

My original question was

CLOSE IT PLEASE MODS

Wow ! if you don't like the thread why do you need close it ? why not just not read it ? if you see a movie on tv and after watching it for awhile and decide you don't like it do you change the channel or do you phone the tv channel and demeand they shut down the movie ?

So the question is where did you meet your wife? What bar in Pattaya or Soi 4 Bangkok? Did she work in the bar or was she drinking there? What did you talk about first?? Weather/sports/The first thing that popped up? Did you have to pay her family to marry her ? How much did you pay in sin sod? What is the weight of a swallow?

Correct. thumbsup.gif

You may refer to me as Captain Obvious..... whistling.gif

Secretly, I've just been watching to see how big a hole the OP can dig for himself. I haven't seen this much tapdancing since Fred Astaire died..... laugh.png

What hole and what tapdancing ? i have answered anything asked of me ! Simple quotes like yours has what meaning? if you have something you dissagree with whatever i have said then tell me and i will try and answer your opinion

OP, i think you really have hit a nerve on here, breadbin has said about naughty people not being able to tell the truth or ashamed to tell the truth, maybe the 1s wanting it closed down cause it makes them squirm to much, as i said i never met mine in a bar, she may have but never learnt a lot if she did, in my opinion.....tongue.png

Edited by namoi