Change In Marriage License Translation Requirements?

Anywhere I've looked I read that one must have their notarized marriage license done at their embassy which in my case is US. Instructions I've read till this point say that notarized license must then be translated at The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) which is then submitted with all the paperwork at Immigration when getting the 1 year extension (with 90 day check in).

Yesterday while getting my 60 day extension at Immigration, we asked about the translated marriage license. The officer, who seemed to be the head of the group of Type O visa officers and not the one who went through and stamped our paperwork, said that a translation was not necessary since the license is in English.

Any reduction in travel/work/expenses is a gift, but still I'm wondering if anyone else here has heard of this?

Thanks for any insights!

Eric

A translation is not required at Immigration but for one year extension of stay a KR22 is also required from a District Office of foreign marriage being registered there and for that an Embassy approved translation, MFA registration is required.

• Like 1

Thanks again lopburi3!

That's sort of what I was thinking that the translation went to someplace else.

Help me out here. I can't find "KR22" anywhere except this post and google brings up unrelated content.

Did you mean something else?

The document required is Kor Ror 22 for a foreign marriage from my understanding. It is Kor Ror 2 for a Thai registered marriage.

Edit: Nong Khai Immigration web site calls it:

"Copy of the family status registration. (Kor Ror.22) (Issued by the district office in Thailand)"

• Like 1