What'S The Going Rate For A Good Blender?

finy

You can get some good domestic quality ones for around 1500bt at the likes of Tesco/Big C (and reputable names) but if you want it for commercial use, heavier duty then I think other members will be talking a much higher number than this.

I have had many a laff watching a local drinks "shop" trying to make smoothies and the like, unable to get the ingredients in, having to manually grip onto the lid,after it flies off then watch the power cut out, then it doesnt pour out; and find its a nightmare to clean..........becasue they bought cheap.

• Like 1

At restaruant supply stores I purchased Home world or home works HW brand 3 times to have them fails quickly. they were about 1500 Bt.

At Tesco about a year back I then noticed one that seemed heavy duty enough for 3000 and tried it. love it, and am still usuing it. I noticed it also at Home Pro for 7990 the same blender

I am happy !

I got mine at Siam. It is a Cuisinart. Around 8,000 baht. No poblem It crushes ice no problem does not fall apart. Am Happy with it.

I did not want a cheap one for reasons that have already been mentioned and I had had one myself. So I looked at a couple of mid range priced one's at Macro 3,000 to 4,000 baht. Couldn't find any thing out about them on google so I just scrapped that idea.

I think the amount of use you give it and are you always going to be crushing ice in it should be a big factor in what you pay for one.

Up to you

I bough a tefal at Big c extra for 800 baht, normal price was 1200 baht. It's new but going strong. What sold me on it though was the 2 year warranty that came with it. For personal use it is crushing ice fine. If it holds up to 2 years of crushing ice is another matter but then I hope because it is Tefal the warrenty might be worth something.

I got mine at Siam. It is a Cuisinart. Around 8,000 baht. No poblem It crushes ice no problem does not fall apart. Am Happy with it.

I did not want a cheap one for reasons that have already been mentioned and I had had one myself. So I looked at a couple of mid range priced one's at Macro 3,000 to 4,000 baht. Couldn't find any thing out about them on google so I just scrapped that idea.

I think the amount of use you give it and are you always going to be crushing ice in it should be a big factor in what you pay for one.

Up to you

I have a Molineaux which I paid 1,450 Baht for two years ago.

Still works great, blends everything I need.......... but I crush my own ice. wink.png

We just bought a Phillips blender from Macro for 1100 baht. Crushes ice just fine and we've been using it often. Probably not super high quality but we should get a few good years out of it. Our cheap National one lasted 5 years and was still working when we gave it away.

You can get some good domestic quality ones for around 1500bt at the likes of Tesco/Big C (and reputable names) but if you want it for commercial use, heavier duty then I think other members will be talking a much higher number than this.

I have had many a laff watching a local drinks "shop" trying to make smoothies and the like, unable to get the ingredients in, having to manually grip onto the lid,after it flies off then watch the power cut out, then it doesnt pour out; and find its a nightmare to clean..........becasue they bought cheap.

thought the OP said good 'bender'.

Nothing to add sorry.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Up to you

Still works great, blends everything I need.......... but I crush my own ice. wink.png

Dont Woves play there?

I think you mean Moulinex............remember the ad slogan.."moulinex make things simple and that includes the price"

hmm...simple doesnt scream robust to me.; which is probably why you have to crush your own ice

thought the OP said good 'bender'.

Nothing to add sorry.

haha yes the conurtation of going on a good bender has at least 2 meanings: one knackers your tyres and the other tires your..........bah.gif

I had the same problem - went through a lot of cheap blenders before finally breaking down and buying the real deal.

post-18167-0-53776300-1345694763_thumb.j

Hamilton Beach commercial blender. Wasn't cheap- slightly under 9 KTHB. Available at SevenFive restaurant supply. I've probably spent that much on cheaper blenders over the years.

I remember these from my childhood in the last millenium- making "Orange Julius" drinks at the mall. They have stood the test of time / built to last.

It is brutally powerful and fast - chops ice up from cubes to creamy smooth in about 30 seconds. Gotta love the fact that they measure their motors in horsepower! This one is 3/8 hp.

Edited by bino
  • Like 1

I had the same problem - went through a lot of cheap blenders before finally breaking down and buying the real deal.

post-18167-0-53776300-1345694763_thumb.j

Hamilton Beach commercial blender. Wasn't cheap- slightly under 9 KTHB. Available at SevenFive restaurant supply. I've probably spent that much on cheaper blenders over the years.

I remember these from my childhood in the last millenium- making "Orange Julius" drinks at the mall. They have stood the test of time / built to last.

It is brutally powerful and fast - chops ice up from cubes to creamy smooth in about 30 seconds. Gotta love the fact that they measure their motors in horsepower! This one is 3/8 hp.

That HP rating must make it the "Fargo" model.

Fargo model? Mai kao jai. Pls explain.

The blender I have is the bottom of their line, for sure. Our domestic usage doesn't require any more and it does the job beautifully. Their top end models have three horsepower motors and cost in excess of 40 grand, up to 70 for the state of the art computer controlled model.

Up to you

Dont Woves play there?

I think you mean Moulinex............remember the ad slogan.."moulinex make things simple and that includes the price"

hmm...simple doesnt scream robust to me.; which is probably why you have to crush your own ice

Well, it is the start of the football season.

The blender I have is the bottom of their line, for sure. Our domestic usage doesn't require any more and it does the job beautifully. Their top end models have three horsepower motors and cost in excess of 40 grand, up to 70 for the state of the art computer controlled model.

It's not humor if you have to explain it! Twisted or otherwise.....

I've had a 350watt Otto for at least 7 years. Bought for 240Baht in the local market. It has been in constant use crushing ice, making smoothies, blending spices, blending peanuts, prepping humus, tomato sauce, and just about everything on an almost daily basis.

It looks crap now as it is stained beyond recovery. But, it still works just fine. I never touch it, but the wife has used it without any repairs ever being necessary, and just last week she threw away the original ring seal and fitted the second one that came with it, so I expect it will carry on for another 7yrs +.

• Like 1

I just went down to the kitchen to take a look the type of blender we have. It's a Sanyo. We paid, I think, B1500 about 6 years ago. Now, it's probably about B800. We hardly used it until about 9 months ago my wife has been using it to blend the soaked dry dog food, cooked vegetable and meat for some of our old doggies.

Last week, I used it to grind/blend peanuts and sesame to make peanut-sesame butter. The product came out delicious and probably cheaper than Skippy!. I roasted the peanuts and sesame myself, of course. In the grinding/blending process, I did have to use a spoon to turn it over after each 10 sec grinding/blending. Anyway, the whole process took only about 2 minutes.

A few days ago, my wife bought some guava which was too hard and juiceless. I took one and a half pieces of that guava,cut it into small pieces, put in with a bunch of ice cubes, and push the button. Again, I needed to scoop it up and down after each 5 sec of grinding/blending. The whole thing took less than 45 sec, and it came out smooth and my likes it and said she would quit drinking coke everyday. I'm delighted!

Since I have developed an interest in cooking recently, I'm looking for a good food processor for my CM home. Anyone know a good one but not at exorberant price.

Humm, I'm interested in this topic. Sadly, the "commercial" one that's rated at 3/8 HP isn't comparable to my US blender at 1,500 watts and a 3 HP motor. I have no personal issue with 9,000 baht for a great blender, but it sound that even that might not be that great.

Humm, I'm interested in this topic. Sadly, the "commercial" one that's rated at 3/8 HP isn't comparable to my US blender at 1,500 watts and a 3 HP motor. I have no personal issue with 9,000 baht for a great blender, but it sound that even that might not be that great.

Actually it is posable to make soup and ice cream with mine Problem being instructions are in English and my Thai wife does not read English..As I said it is a Cusinart You can set the heat to high, low or simmer. Not sure of the motor size.It says

SSB1H

220-240V

50Hz 100 W

Not sure what it all means but it sure woks good.

Actually it is posable to make soup and ice cream with mine Problem being instructions are in English and my Thai wife does not read English..

Are you really that helpless?

Can't you make it?

Can't you read the instructions and tell your wife?

Edited by uptheos

I've had a 350watt Otto for at least 7 years. Bought for 240Baht in the local market. It has been in constant use crushing ice, making smoothies, blending spices, blending peanuts, prepping humus, tomato sauce, and just about everything on an almost daily basis.

It looks crap now as it is stained beyond recovery. But, it still works just fine. I never touch it, but the wife has used it without any repairs ever being necessary, and just last week she threw away the original ring seal and fitted the second one that came with it, so I expect it will carry on for another 7yrs +.

I think it's the same model as mine. Works great, what colour is it? smile.png

I think it's the same model as mine. Works great, what colour is it? smile.png

<p>The body is yellow with a bloody great sticker saying 350 Watts

"What sold me on it though was the 2 year warranty that came with it."

You haven't lived in Thailand for very long if you think a warranty means anything at all.

We bought a washing machine and it broke during warranty. The company came over a few days after we called them to pick up the machine. 3 months later we get it back.

As my first reply to you got deleted I will try another. First i wish that people who play that You haven't been in Thailand long or I've been in Thailand longer than you would stop harping on about it. You don't get any medalas for it etc. Plus I find most of the time they are very insecure about themselves hence the constant need to mention it. ( By the way I have probably been here a lot longer than you, I just don't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops.)

Also if you had read my whole post instead of cherry picking bits you would have seen that i acknowledged that warrentys in Thailand might not be worth much and I hoped that because it wasa Tefal brand it might be different.

And lastly if you are going to use my posts to try and look big and clever then please have the decency to quote the whole post and let people make up their own mind instead of trying to make yourself look good.

Unfortunatly I am not allowed to say what I truely feel.

Edited by Throatwobbler

• 7 months later...