90 Day Report

As there's a 7 day grace period after the 90 days, wouldn't it be safe to go to the UK after 93 days without the 90 day report? His next 90 days will be 90 days after he returns to Thailand?

The grace period is for reporting, not for reporting or not.

He could go to the UK, but when noticed he will be faced with a 2,000 baht fine. Better to report by mail.

• Like 2

As there's a 7 day grace period after the 90 days, wouldn't it be safe to go to the UK after 93 days without the 90 day report? His next 90 days will be 90 days after he returns to Thailand?

Edward,I was thinking the same as you but I am confused.

I phoned up the Immigration at Kap Choeng and they told me that I need not do the 90 day as I was leaving.

If you are leaving Thailand never to return then I would not bother, but if you return and have to do a further 90 day report in the future then the fact that you failed to report, after staying more than 90 days, previously could be picked up and a 2000 baht fine levied.

Not much of an inconvenience to report by mail and everything is covered.

Hang on, the due date is after you leave for the UK? As I understand it leaving the country will count as a 90 day report.

I have a non imm B and work permit and I only do the 90 day check in if I am in the country for 90 days without leaving.

I left at the 92nd day, just ripped out the slip from my passport. After 90 days of returning from my trip I did my 90 day reporting as required, nothing said, I think it is dependent on the officer and the office.

Hang on, the due date is after you leave for the UK? As I understand it leaving the country will count as a 90 day report.

I have a non imm B and work permit and I only do the 90 day check in if I am in the country for 90 days without leaving.

Leaving the coutnry does not count as a 90 day report. You are not reporting your address to immirgation by leaving. What leaving the country does is reseting the 90 day clock to day 1 when you return to Thailand.

If you are leaving Thailand never to return then I would not bother, but if you return and have to do a further 90 day report in the future then the fact that you failed to report, after staying more than 90 days, previously could be picked up and a 2000 baht fine levied.

Kap Choeng does not accept 90 day reports by mail

Kap Choeng does not accept 90 day reports by mail

Did not realise that. Might depend how far away from the office you are whether to take a chance or maybe a 2000 baht fine .

As beano2774 says

I left at the 92nd day, just ripped out the slip from my passport. After 90 days of returning from my trip I did my 90 day reporting as required, nothing said, I think it is dependent on the officer and the office.[TD - my bold]

whistling.gif Why are you leaving Thailand...is it for good or do you intend to return,,,and especially to you intend to return on your curent (entension of) visa.

In other words,,if you are on some kind of extension of your current visa...either for retirement, marriage to a Thai. an EDucation visa, a Non B with a Work Permit...these are all things that require you to do 90 day reporting.

When you leave Thailand, and are stamped out of Thailand at immigration, your exiensions of visa are canceled...and your current extension is voided.

The way you avoid this is to purchase an exit-rentry visa at your local immigration before you leave,

If you don't do this, when you exit your visa extension is cancelled at that time.

Then. when you do return...without a visa (you're current extended visa having been cancelled by your exit from Thailand)...if you qualify you'll only get a 30 day entry stamp (if by air) or a 15 day entry stamp (if by land border).

I'm assuming here that the actual VISA...the one you originally entered Thailand on and that you recieved at a Thai consulate outside of Tailand, is now expired....and that's what you got the extension for.

In my particular case my original visa expired on 15 October 2011...but I recieved an extension of that based on retirement until 15 October 2012.

So now, if I want to leave Thailand for a few days, I must purchase an exit-rentry visa to keep my extension valid.

IF that, or something similar, is also your case...you need to also get an exit-reentry visa also.

If that is the case, then before you leave you should:

1. Do your next scheduled 90 day reporting and

2. At the same time get and exit-rentry visa...to keep your extension alive which will "reset" your 90 day reporting clock to day one when you re-enter Thailand.

Now, for all practical purposes, if you're not planning to re-enter Thailand....90 day reporting is practically meaningless.

But if you are intending to return....you need to go to your local immigration...and do those two things.

Otherwise you may be in for a very unpleasent surprise when you get only 30 days on your return...and then find your visa extension was cancelled by your leaving Thailand without an exit-reentry visa.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

whistling.gif Why are you leaving Thailand...is it for good or do you intend to return,,,and especially to you intend to return on your curent (entension of) visa.

In other words,,if you are on some kind of extension of your current visa...either for retirement, marriage to a Thai. an EDucation visa, a Non B with a Work Permit...these are all things that require you to do 90 day reporting.

When you leave Thailand, and are stamped out of Thailand at immigration, your exiensions of visa are canceled...and your current extension is voided.

The way you avoid this is to purchase an exit-rentry visa at your local immigration before you leave,

If you don't do this, when you exit your visa extension is cancelled at that time.

Then. when you do return...without a visa (you're current extended visa having been cancelled by your exit from Thailand)...if you qualify you'll only get a 30 day entry stamp (if by air) or a 15 day entry stamp (if by land border).

I'm assuming here that the actual VISA...the one you originally entered Thailand on and that you recieved at a Thai consulate outside of Tailand, is now expired....and that's what you got the extension for.

In my particular case my original visa expired on 15 October 2011...but I recieved an extension of that based on retirement until 15 October 2012.

So now, if I want to leave Thailand for a few days, I must purchase an exit-rentry visa to keep my extension valid.

IF that, or something similar, is also your case...you need to also get an exit-reentry visa also.

If that is the case, then before you leave you should:

1. Do your next scheduled 90 day reporting and

2. At the same time get and exit-rentry visa...to keep your extension alive which will "reset" your 90 day reporting clock to day one when you re-enter Thailand.

Now, for all practical purposes, if you're not planning to re-enter Thailand....90 day reporting is practically meaningless.

But if you are intending to return....you need to go to your local immigration...and do those two things.

Otherwise you may be in for a very unpleasent surprise when you get only 30 days on your return...and then find your visa extension was cancelled by your leaving Thailand without an exit-reentry visa.

whistling.gif

Yes I have already got my re-entry permit 1000 baht for a single or 3900 for multi re-entry

So i guess i will have to make a trip to Kap Choeng,for my 90 day report.sad.png

When you're leaving, they don't check whether you have reported. When you return, your 90 days starts from scratch.

There is very little chance of having a problem with not reporting, seeing as you have the 7 day grace period to report which you can use IF you happen to get picked up on it before you leave.

Depends who's checking your passport when you're leaving.

Once I was helping someone board a Korean Air flight in Chiang Mai. The airline had an employee check everyone's passport before letting them check-in for the flight. The passenger's 90 day report was due that day and I had to argue with the airline employee that the passenger wasn't "out of compliance". I think that if he had been even a day or two over, the airline employee would have insisted on a little chat with Immigration at the airport before permitting check-in for the flight. The airline employee acted like the guy was practically on overstay!

Dont you need to get a reentry stamp? Why not go report and get the stamp at the same time (two birds, one stone)?

Edit: sorry, just saw the post stating you have your re-entry already. never mind me, carry on...

Edited by yourauntbob

When you leave the country, that counts as your ninety day report and your next report is 90 days from the day you return. Be sure you have your re-entry permit and be sure you open your passport to the page where your re-entry stamp is when you go through immigration on your return. Also be sure you are stamped in correctly before you get too far from the immigration counter at Suvarnabhumi.

Edited by gjoo888

How is it possible to report in 90 days and still have a 7 day grace period to make the report? I can't see why anyone would do this. Would you pop your head into the immigration office on day 90, and say "hi, remember me, I'll be back in 7 days", and then on day 97 come in and say "Hi , remember me I'm here to fill out the report" Even if you could do this why would you want to?

You have until day 97 to file the report of staying over 90 days. Just as you have until xx of month xx to file last years income tax in most countries. You do not have to actually visit immigration on day 90. The reason is it provides a window of almost 3 weeks (with the 15 days early provision) to allow combining with other visits or activities that may make it easier.

Leaving the coutnry does not count as a 90 day report. You are not reporting your address to immirgation by leaving. What leaving the country does is reseting the 90 day clock to day 1 when you return to Thailand.

Ok, so a fair few people I know have a non-B and WP and travel regularly, so haven't actually done a 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana for years. If ever. Are they in the clear?

The other issue is... one of the things you're typically required to provide in making 90 days reports is your receipt/due date slip from your prior 90 day report.

If the OP stays over 90 days and then later returns to Thailand, he'd then have a future 90 day report due and presumably would only have his one past prior reporting receipt... not one for the 90 days before leaving the country (were he to skip that reporting).

I guess there's some chance the future 90 day reporting officer might not notice he had a failure to report prior to his trip outside Thailand. But there's also the same chance that the future officer would notice the failure and the OP could be hit with a 2000 baht fine.

But either way, the mods above are correct... The week after the due date grace period is a grace reporting for in-person reporting ... not a grace period for NOT reporting.

You have until day 97 to file the report of staying over 90 days. Just as you have until xx of month xx to file last years income tax in most countries. You do not have to actually visit immigration on day 90. The reason is it provides a window of almost 3 weeks (with the 15 days early provision) to allow combining with other visits or activities that may make it easier.

If you are using the tax analogy, then you are leaving out some important information (or I am stupider than I thought)

As I understand it:

Day 1- day 89 everything good

Day 90 - last day to report,

Day 91-97 , subject to fine for not reporting by 90 days, but you can still file your 90 day report,

Day 98 - xxx , What happens here?, Can you still do a 90 day report or are you in a different category now?

If you are using the tax analogy, then you are leaving out some important information (or I am stupider than I thought)

As I understand it:

Day 1- day 89 everything good

Day 90 - last day to report,

Day 91-97 , subject to fine for not reporting by 90 days, but you can still file your 90 day report,

Day 98 - xxx , What happens here?, Can you still do a 90 day report or are you in a different category now?

day 91-97 NOT subject to fine as you can still report without being fined.

day 98, subject to fine. if you do a 90 day report or they spot it at an immigration office the fine is 2,000 baht. If they spot it during a random check the fine is 4,000 baht.

I had always done my 90-day reporting (worked here 7 years), however I missed a report in March. Then I went back to the UK for 2 weeks, returned to Thailand for 2 weeks, and then had to go back to the UK again, for a family bereavement. I arrived back in Thailand on 28 May and submitted a 90-day report by mail (for the first time) for my August report. Although I had missed a report back in March, no mention was made of this and I wasn't fined; I just got my reporting slip and notification to report again in November.