90 Day Report

I had always done my 90-day reporting (worked here 7 years), however I missed a report in March. Then I went back to the UK for 2 weeks, returned to Thailand for 2 weeks, and then had to go back to the UK again, for a family bereavement. I arrived back in Thailand on 28 May and submitted a 90-day report by mail (for the first time) for my August report. Although I had missed a report back in March, no mention was made of this and I wasn't fined; I just got my reporting slip and notification to report again in November.

That's the way I have known it to happen.

The only time that you would get fined is if you do a 90 day report after the 7-day grace period or if you were checked randomly after the 90 days. They don't check the 90 days when you leave the country, and when you return everything starts from scratch.

That's certainly they way I understand it to work ... which is different to how the government says it should work.

As there's a 7 day grace period after the 90 days, wouldn't it be safe to go to the UK after 93 days without the 90 day report? His next 90 days will be 90 days after he returns to Thailand?

Edward,I was thinking the same as you but I am confused.

I phoned up the Immigration at Kap Choeng and they told me that I need not do the 90 day as I was leaving.

You've been in Thailand long enough to know that you take what's said on the phone at your peril!

• 3 weeks later...

If you are leaving Thailand never to return then I would not bother, but if you return and have to do a further 90 day report in the future then the fact that you failed to report, after staying more than 90 days, previously could be picked up and a 2000 baht fine levied.

Not much of an inconvenience to report by mail and everything is covered.

Kap Choeng does not accept 90 day reports by mail

Nor did Amnat. Call Chon Buri and ask, they will usually say OK send by post.