Any Way To Buy An Asus Google Nexus In Th ?

SunSeek01

I'd love to buy one here now. Have not seen anything on buying one in TH, probably too new. They are $ 199/$ 249 for 8/16GB ram in the States.

I have a Kindle Fire now which is nice but it makes me mad that there is no access to Google Play, the Android app store. I know I can root it with BurritoRoot, already done but I reversed it as I was afraid of bricking the thing!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can check ThaiVisa Classifieds and Thai websites as many people are selling the Google Nexus 7, albeit at a premium.

AOB.com, a shop in MBK (4th floor, more or less straight in from Tokyu) had the N7/16 GB for 11,900 baht when I checked on Monday of this week. No stock on N7/8 GB.

At both Pantip and Fortune, there is a very good selection of Chinese made (aren't they all) 7" Android tablets running android 4.03 Ice Cream Sandwich and some, the newest Jelly Bean. Most have a gig to 1 1/2 gigs of ram, some have dual core processors, 8 to 16 GB internal memory andwill take up to a 32 GB micro SD for outboard storage. Many have micro USB, HDMI and earphone ports. Most have only a front facing cameras but I have seen a few with rear as well. Prices range from B3000 to 6000. Brands I have bought for my GF and her niece include MID and AIGO. Other brands that have worked well for friends are ONDA, AINEO and one that starts with World....

I should also ad that they also have larger tablets, same specs in the 9" and 10" screen sizes: B5500 to B8000

I was very surprised to see several tablets in Tesco for under 5000 baht that along with all described above, had 3G.

My GF and her niece have been using their tablets

nonstop for 3 months now with no problems.

For 3000 baht, you really can't go wrong and certainly miles ahead of the Kindle Fire.

They usually quote a price 10% to 20% above what they will take.

Edited by dddave

• 3 months later...

You can check ThaiVisa Classifieds and Thai websites as many people are selling the Google Nexus 7, albeit at a premium.

AOB.com, a shop in MBK (4th floor, more or less straight in from Tokyu) had the N7/16 GB for 11,900 baht when I checked on Monday of this week. No stock on N7/8 GB.

I think I'll buy mine from the U.S.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been trying to fInd a nexus 7 32 gig for a month now. Have called all of the above shops and nobody has any stock.

If anyone knows where I can buy one, I would really appreciate a shop name and a phone number.

Thanks

PowerBuy did have the N7/16/WiFi on promotion for 8,990 via their on-line store, but I can't find reference to that now so assume they sold out.

You could go walk around the Mobile Expo; maybe some lower-tier distributors have excess stock?

I was back in the U.S. last month and both Staples and Best Buy had the N7/16/WiFi in stores for $199.

I've been trying to fInd a nexus 7 32 gig for a month now. Have called all of the above shops and nobody has any stock.

If anyone knows where I can buy one, I would really appreciate a shop name and a phone number.

Thanks

This model doesn't arrive in Thailand until next week R.R.P 11,900.

Thanks

This model doesn't arrive in Thailand until next week R.R.P 11,900.

FWIW, according to the Asus Thailand website the 32 GB version may only be available with 3G (and WiFI of course), at the MSRP of 11,900.

Further, Asus Thailand seem to be indicating they will have this model at the Mobile Expo, but maybe they will just be taking advanced/reserved orders?

http://www.asus.co.t...#specifications

32GB: Model for 3G only.

post-9615-0-26934200-1360228842_thumb.jp

The Nexus 7 is in the IT City February catalog. (page 2 on the left)

- Nexus 7, 32 GB, WiFi : 9'900 baht

- Nexus 7, 32 GB, WiFi + 3G : 11'900 baht

They have the WiFi model available today at IT City @ Tukcom Pattaya

They said the 3G model should be available next week smile.png

I've been monitoring the Nexus situation for a while now and the buy now button on the Powerbuy website just became enabled for the 3G version, they only sell online via the website.

http://www.powerbuy.co.th/ProductDetail.aspx?itemNo=PWB000200893

I'm in Chiang Mai and my local computer shop, Good Speed, tells me that when it's available anywhere, meaning Bangkok, they will have it too. I'm not sure I always believe that but I will now go and check with them again.

--damole

I bought the Nexus 7 16 GB in the middle of January at Banana IT in Zeer, Rangsit, it was not on display and when I asked a shop assistant he said they didn't have it. By chance I noticed the box on the bottom shelf of a glass display case that was being used to store cameras. To be fair while the packaging is very nice it is not clear what product is inside; the front of the box only has 'nexus' printed fairly small on the lower right, no brand name. There is also a large stylised number 7 formed by a picture of the corner of a tablet on the left side of the box face but really not obvious. The assistant who took it out of the display case clearly had no idea until he read the small Thai language sticker on the side and several other staff gathered round to see it unboxed, real failure by Banana IT and/or Asus marketing department.

I asked for discount and got it for 7,990. It's a good machine.

Sorry for getting back so late,

It does seem likenthere isn't any wifi only nexus 7 32 gig

Available. According to Asus they don't know when they will get delivery.

In the mean time I traveled to Bkk and bought a 3G at the expo. 11.900B. Very happy with it.

//t

I just bought the 3G version at IT City, Kad Suan Kaew, Chiang Mai. When I went there Saturday, after lomatopo said they had them in Bangkok, to ask about one they were absolutely sure it wasn't available and I had to beg and plead for them to actually look on the system where they found the product listed but with no stock. I then managed to convince them to let me show them on their own website, on a PC they had that had internet connection, and demonstrated that it was possible to add one to a basket to buy online at least.

They told me they would check and to come back Tuesday because of Chinese new year and I so went there this evening and they actually had 5 in stock. :-)

Just charging it and then we will see...

Edited by damole