Any Way To Buy An Asus Google Nexus In Th ?

SunSeek01

Excuse me but... paying 11 000 bahts for a Nexus 7????????????

Why should we accept to get screwed up!?

Its price is 199 USD which is exactly 5900 THAI BAHT, you should NOT ACCEPT NOR TOLERATE TO PAY A BAHT MORE!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

Perhaps you are not aware they come in different models. The 32GB 3G version in the UK is nearly 11,000 Baht (235 British Pounds). Example price here USA it is around $299.00. But then shipping, handling, taxes = ?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've only had the tablet 4 days and I already received an OTA update to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2. My LG Optimus 2X is running Cyangenmod 7.20 Gingerbread and I have to say I like Jelly Bean much better. Hopefully the stable release of Cyangenmod 10.1 Jelly Bean isn't too far away.

As I'm off to SIngapore at the end of the month I will also get my VAT back which will make it more or less the same price as back home in the UK.

I put a DTAC Happy Internet SIM in it which currently has a promotion giving 300 mins free every month for 4 months. It's not so much I know but most of the time I'm on WiFi so it's enough to be able to check my email, update my news apps etc and after the allowance is gone it's only 0.25 Satang / minute. So far I'm getting this on 3G speeds which of course makes those minutes go a lot further.

--damole

Excuse me but... paying 11 000 bahts for a Nexus 7????????????

Why should we accept to get screwed up!?

Its price is 199 USD which is exactly 5900 THAI BAHT, you should NOT ACCEPT NOR TOLERATE TO PAY A BAHT MORE!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

Perhaps you are not aware they come in different models. The 32GB 3G version in the UK is nearly 11,000 Baht (235 British Pounds). Example price here USA it is around $299.00. But then shipping, handling, taxes = ?

You are missing the point: Where in Thailand can we buy the model that costs 199 USD in the U.S. (16GB Wifi) for this same price (5900 Thai Bahts)?

Speaking about shipping costs in Asia is ridiculous as the Asus Nexus 7 is made in Taiwan, it should actually be cheaper in Thailand than in the U.S.!

Regarding taxes, it is lower in Thailand than in the U.S.: 10% for imported products (see here: http://www.worldservicesgroup.com/guides/Thailand%20Tax%20Guide.pdf).

Paying more than 5900 bahts for a Nexus 7 16GB Wifi is accepting to get screwed up!

The 32 GB Wifi variant, which is available at 249 USD in the U.S. should cost in Thailand 7500 bahts MAXIMUM.

For those who paid 9000 bahts and have the 32 GB 3G+ variant (299 USD) then it's OK, but paying 13000 or even 11000 bahts is more than a hundred dollar more than the regular price and is absolutely unacceptable!

Comparing to UK prices is the stupidest thing EVER, most European prices are overrated and the level of scamming in Europe is much higher than anywhere else in the world. Crazy taxes, crazy regulations. Let's keep with the original price american people can get it for: 199 USD or 5900 THAI BAHTS. Again it should be even cheaper in Thailand as the shipping cost from Taiwan to Thailand is evidently lower than from Taiwan to America. Importation taxes are lower as well. And the reselling process is also cheaper: Thai employees get a salary of 150 to 300 USD per month!!! We're just getting screwed up with those ridiculous prices!

• Like 2

Speaking about shipping costs in Asia is ridiculous as the Asus Nexus 7 is made in Taiwan, it should actually be cheaper in Thailand than in the U.S.!

Regarding taxes, it is lower in Thailand than in the U.S.: 10% for imported products (see here: http://www.worldserv...d Tax Guide.pdf).

Not missing the point at all and taxes are 10% + 7%VAT.

The 32 GB Wifi variant, which is available at 249 USD in the U.S. should cost in Thailand 7500 bahts MAXIMUM.

The 32GB Wifi is $299 USD. With taxes, 10,500 Baht. The 249 is the 16GB variant. You are still talking apples and oranges.

Comparing to UK prices is the stupidest thing EVER, most European prices are overrated and the level of scamming in Europe is much higher than anywhere else in the world.

Listing UK prices is due to members often asking which would be cheaper, Thailand or UK. A Thai employee salary has nothing to do with cost of imported equipment. The topic is 'where can I buy in Thailand' and as such showing prices here and comparing is a reasonable thing to do so members can make an informed decision.

Relax, you're going to hurt yourself with such outrage. biggrin.png

Regarding taxes, it is lower in Thailand than in the U.S.: 10% for imported products (see here: http://www.worldserv...d Tax Guide.pdf).

Not missing the point at all and taxes are 10% + 7%VAT.

The 32GB Wifi is $299 USD. With taxes, 10,500 Baht. The 249 is the 16GB variant. You are still talking apples and oranges.

The Nexus 8 GB, which was available for 199 USD last year was discontinued a few months ago (in October 2012), the 16 GB variant, which was then available for 249 USD is now available for 199 USD (as the 8 GB was discontinued).

The 32 GB Wifi is therefor available for 249 USD, and the 32 GB 3G+ is available for 299 USD.

http://www.examiner....ps-price-to-199

this was 4 months ago already, jeez you gotta keep posted!

more links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_7

http://news.cnet.com...potted-at-$199/

https://www.google.c...ued 16gb 199usd

I was in NY last week, current prices are still:

Nexus 7 16 GB WIFI: 199USD

Nexus 7 32 GB WIFI: 249USD

Nexus 7 32 GB HSDPA+ (3G): 299USD

You can confirm these prices on the Google Play Store directly: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&hl=en

You will need to connect to a VPN to access the above URL from Thailand though.

Edited by Annonymous

Plus 8.875% sales tax (assumes NYC).

Shipments from the Play Store also include any applicable state and local sales tax. Not sure if they charge for standard shipping on top of that.

Staples also have the N7/16 GB WiFI only for $199 and the N7/32 GB/WiFI only for $249; and the N10/32 GB for $499. I go back to the metro-Boston area every 60 days so can head up to Salem or Nashua, (tax free) NH where these are Staples, Best Buy and Apple stores. I'm bringing back an N7/16 GB WiFI only and an iPad 4 (16 GB/WiFi only) on a brief trip back this week.

Plus 8.875% sales tax (assumes NYC).

Shipments from the Play Store also include any applicable state and local sales tax. Not sure if they charge for standard shipping on top of that.

Staples also have the N7/16 GB WiFI only for $199 and the N7/32 GB/WiFI only for $249; and the N10/32 GB for $499. I go back to the metro-Boston area every 60 days so can head up to Salem or Nashua, (tax free) NH where these are Staples, Best Buy and Apple stores. I'm bringing back an N7/16 GB WiFI only and an iPad 4 (16 GB/WiFi only) on a brief trip back this week.

Didn't know you were a Boston native...Reading & Brookline myself though I only get back once a year. While you are looking would you check the local price of the Nexus-4 mobile phone..unlocked since it would be used here in Thailand.

Another foot of snow there today; I miss the eerie quiet just after a heavy snowfall but not the slush two days later.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nexus 7 is in the IT City February catalog. (page 2 on the left)

- Nexus 7, 32 GB, WiFi : 9'900 baht

- Nexus 7, 32 GB, WiFi + 3G : 11'900 baht

post-9615-0-32460700-1360237369_thumb.jp

The Nexus 7, 32 GB, Wifi + 3G is today for sale at Big C Extra in Pattaya

with a 1'200 baht coupon because of a purchase of more than 10'000 baht

Make this Nexus 7 32 3G at 10'700 baht smile.png

While you are looking would you check the local price of the Nexus-4 mobile phone..unlocked since it would be used here in Thailand.

I was back last week for a brief visit; I did see locked, subsidized N4's in T-Mobile ($199) but no unlocked models available there, or at Staples/Best Buy (they do have N7's and N10's).

I brought back an iPad 4/16/WiFi for a neighbor here ($499 all in Nashua, NH Apple Store in the Pheasant Lane Mall).

The N4 is available here; I saw it at Jaymart (Seacon) on Tuesday this past week; 17,900. I'm half considering getting an N4 from Google ($299 + 6.25% sales tax - shipping is free I think) on my next trip back in early April.

While you are looking would you check the local price of the Nexus-4 mobile phone..unlocked since it would be used here in Thailand.

I was back last week for a brief visit; I did see locked, subsidized N4's in T-Mobile ($199) but no unlocked models available there, or at Staples/Best Buy (they do have N7's and N10's).

I brought back an iPad 4/16/WiFi for a neighbor here ($499 all in Nashua, NH Apple Store in the Pheasant Lane Mall).

The N4 is available here; I saw it at Jaymart (Seacon) on Tuesday this past week; 17,900. I'm half considering getting an N4 from Google ($299 + 6.25% sales tax - shipping is free I think) on my next trip back in early April.

Could probably use Shipito or a similar service as well. AFAIK there's no tax on electronics so worst case you'd have to pay Thai VAT. Shipito cleverly has some addresses in states without sales tax too, so you'd get it for $399.

12k baht for one of the best Android phones out there is an absolute steal. Maybe even worth giving all your data to Google.... :P

Well. Except that it's not actually for sale in the USA from the Google Play store right now. That's if you use a VPN to get around the country restriction (Google unawares that people travel to other countries at times). Both 8 and 16 are sold out. No doubt resellers from all over the world snap these up as soon as they become available...

Edited by nikster

The Play Store is still showing the Nexus 4 as available for ordering, still with the 1 - 2 week ESD.

I am seriously considering ordering one to bring back on my next trip 4 - 8 April. I think it may ultimately be better than the SGS4 or N5?

I am running Android 4.2.2 (Nexus + GApps) on both my SGS1 (single core) and my SGS2; both run amazingly fast. But maybe it's time for a new phone?

Saw more N4's today in Jaymart in MBK. These are officially localized LG product.

post-9615-0-33372400-1362290341_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-46384300-1362290460_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-64624800-1362290540_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-22893200-1362290563_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-24490400-1362290812_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

The Nexus 7 is in the IT City February catalog. (page 2 on the left)

- Nexus 7, 32 GB, WiFi : 9'900 baht

- Nexus 7, 32 GB, WiFi + 3G : 11'900 baht

>post-9615-0-32460700-1360237369_thumb.jp

The Nexus 7, 32 GB, Wifi + 3G is today for sale at Big C Extra in Pattaya

with a 1'200 baht coupon because of a purchase of more than 10'000 baht

Make this Nexus 7 32 3G at 10'700 baht smile.png

Thanks for the info, where did you get the 1200baht coupon? Do you get it at the counter? do you have to spend it in bigC or can it be withdrawn in cash? thanks!

it doesnt have a phone in it

What about using Skype? smile.png with an Unlimited World subscription

Typically when discussing this topic everyone will stipulate to VoIP calling, and even some messaging, but most really are interested in standard GSM voice and text (SMS) call origination/termination. Obviously with a 3G device it might be nice to have this functionality. Manufacturers like to leave this out, even though the underlying hardware may be in place, perhaps to appeal service providers who might like to sell both a phone and a tablet?

Some tablets do offer this, and many others have been 'hacked'. I'm still not certain the N7/3G has the requisite hardware as I've only researched this issue for a minute or two.

So far I'm very happy with my N7 especially now that I have bought the Nexus Media Importer app so I that can watch videos directly from a USB flash drive without having to copy them onto the device, saving me time and space.

I'm still looking at alternative devices for friends who would like something a bit cheaper and I think when more tabs based on the MediaTek MT6589 chipset come out they'll be some decent competition.

--damole

So far I'm very happy with my N7 especially now that I have bought the Nexus Media Importer app so I that can watch videos directly from a USB flash drive without having to copy them onto the device, saving me time and space.

Thanks for the info, where did you buy the adapter from microUSB to USB host so you can connect USB devices? does it provide enough power for a USB-powered external hard drive to work?

A USB OTG cable should do the trick; you can find them anywhere here. I'm not certain the N7 can power a USB HDD. Some people claim it works, others say it doesn't.

But there may be some mods which would allow this application?

http://www.howtogeek.com/129800/how-to-use-usb-drives-with-the-nexus-7-and-other-android-devices/

https://www.google.com/search?q=usb+otg&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ilw5UcSiPMOGrAfjuYCYDQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=979

Thanks for the info, where did you buy the adapter from microUSB to USB host so you can connect USB devices? does it provide enough power for a USB-powered external hard drive to work?

I got mine from Ikon in Chiang Mai, there's a shop that sells Chinese tablets (Ainol etc), it cost me 50 Bt. I've since seen them in Panthip BKK. Of course make sure it's micro USB because the mini USB version is still more widely available.

--damole

I'm still looking at alternative devices for friends who would like something a bit cheaper and I think when more tabs based on the MediaTek MT6589 chipset come out they'll be some decent competition.

--damole

Sorry lads but i'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing but are you saying that i can't download directly onto my tablet ?

Sorry lads but i'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing but are you saying that i can't download directly onto my tablet ?

No, not exactly.

You can of course connect your N7 to a PC and transfer files, or download them/transfer over WiFi (AirDroid is a good app for this) or even 3G.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

What we are discussing here is directly attaching a USB storage device, like a thumb-drive or perhaps even a hard disk drive. This would allow you to greatly expand your ability to enjoy media without the need for a PC.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hold your horses for a while.

The Nexus 7 Gen II should be announced by Google this month.

I expect it'll start to be available locally aroung August sometime.

Better specs and performance, for the most part.

Rumors here in the U.S. point to a late July launch date for the N7.2, and pricing may be a bit higher, so maybe $249 (vs. $199) in the base (32 GB) WiFi model. The rumored specs look pretty good.

Whether ASUS chooses to localize the N7.2 in Thailand, or offers a similar version, remains to be seen.

And then hopefully the price of the current model which is very competent will fall...biggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Not sure how much product will remain in the channel in Thailand given that it might take a few months for Asus to localize the N7.2, assuming they choose to do so.

I am currently in the U.S. and I just noticed that Staples (an office supply big box retailer) has marked just down the current N7's, perhaps in an effort to clear inventory in advance of the N7.2:

The N7/16 GB (WiFi only) is $179 (from $199), while the N7/32 GB (WiFi only) is $199 (from $249).

I return to Thailand tomorrow and would buy an N7 if I needed a tablet.