Big Bike Insurance

Mactao

Hi Guies,

I am not sure if I should have posted this in the insurance thread but I am guessing I will get more replies here since it is only related to big bikes.

I live in Bangkok and I recently ordered a new Kawasaki Versys 650cc that I will get in september is everything is going as planned.

I want to get a full cover insurance for that bike since it is new. I got an offer from the dealer for a "first class insurance" according to him from falcon company insurance.

Price: 16115 Baht

Maximum coverage: 230000 Baht (the bike costs 289000 Baht)

Bail deductible each time: 5000 Baht

I did not see the contract yet so could not read all the details and the things wrote in very small at the end of it. And of course I know that insurance prices are related of what is covered or not and to which extent it is covered.

But I would like to know:

1/ Is the price, according to your experience, reasonable for this type of insurance in Thailand?

2/ Does anyone can recommand an insurance company, he had good experience with, for big bike insurance?

Many thanks for your help!

Edited by Mactao

Personally I would get an additional Bail Bond Insurance, as the 5,000 THB is not much. I think, I paid 2,500 THB for an maximum sum insured 300,000 THB.

i believe the bail bond is 200k. he only has to pay the 5000 deductible.

Mine was 13,000Baht on my 2012 Ninja 650.

Although the max cover is 190,000Baht, which would be a bummer if i was to have an accident when ridding it out of the showroom.... (touch wood) 3 years of riding and nothing serious to report yet.

I can't recall the name of my insurance company but it was of the main two offered at Real Motorsport Bangkok (Kawasaki Dealership)

16,000Baht seems a little steep but you max coverage is a little more than mine, i'd like to have the option to the bike for it's full value even if i had to pay extra for it, which i'm sure i would :)