Thai Massage

crazydrifter

Hi.I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any places in Bangkok for a traditional massage(no funny business) Im sure my nose can find its way to the other sort of massage parlors.I have had many good massages in Chiang Mai over the years and they are easier to find there as they are everywhere but havent had any in Bangkok.So if any of you have had any personal experiences and can recomend any place for me it would be appreciated.I have had some back problems and find its one of the few things that alleviate the pain.

Hi.I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any places in Bangkok for a traditional massage(no funny business) Im sure my nose can find its way to the other sort of massage parlors.I have had many good massages in Chiang Mai over the years and they are easier to find there as they are everywhere but havent had any in Bangkok.So if any of you have had any personal experiences and can recomend any place for me it would be appreciated.I have had some back problems and find its one of the few things that alleviate the pain.

From my experience the large massage parlours, with waterfalls outside,

offer traditional massage, as well as the other varieties.

Check out the masseuse, the pretty ones do not provide what you need,

the less facially endowed do.

Another alternative may be the hospital Physiotherapy dept.

I have back problem and can get ultrasound treatment to alleviate it.

The cost is less than 200 baht a session.

Drifter.

Do you live in Bangkok and if so are you familiar with Charoen Krung Road?

There are many small shops on Charoen Krung Soi 72 that offer really good traditional Thai massage at rates from B60/hr to B100/hr. Most Thais opt for 2 hour session and you will be treated very well.

This soi is near Wat Yannawat which can be reached by Chao Phraya Express boat from Saphan Thaksin two stops after S.T. pier going downriver.

Or take the 504,547,1 buses that run along this road.

It's well worth the effort and away from the touristy prices of KSR and Sukumvit.

Check out several shops before deciding.

Good luck :o

There is an English lady in Chiang Mai (whom some of you might know) who used the same Thai masseur for 16 years. One day something gave and she has never stood upright again since .. nor shall she. I don't mean a bit of a stoop, but bent over double.

Put me off massages forever.

Do you live in Bangkok and if so are you familiar with Charoen Krung Road?

There are many small shops on Charoen Krung Soi 72 that offer really good traditional Thai massage at rates from B60/hr to B100/hr. Most Thais opt for 2 hour session and you will be treated very well.

This soi is near Wat Yannawat which can be reached by Chao Phraya Express boat from Saphan Thaksin two stops after S.T. pier going downriver.

Or take the 504,547,1 buses that run along this road.

It's well worth the effort and away from the touristy prices of KSR and Sukumvit.

Check out several shops before deciding.

Good luck :o

No I dont live ther just a frequent visitor.I do knoiw where charoen krung is and I will make a bee line for ther when I arrive in a few days time.A good massage is well worth the wait and I am long overdue.Thanks for the info.

Another alternative may be the hospital Physiotherapy dept.

I have back problem and can get ultrasound treatment to alleviate it.

The cost is less than 200 baht a session.

which hospital do you go to? I'd love to get ultrasound + massage, will they do on demand or does one have to see a doc first?

A handful of traditional clinics adjacent to or near Wat Mahathat offer inexpensive Thai massage in relatively clean surroundings. 100-150B/hr

A slightly more upmarket place that a lot of folks swear by is Arima Onsen, 37/10-14 Soi Surawong Plaza, off Surawong Rd, tel 0 2235 2142. There are two or three copycat places on the same soi.

Had 2 hours thai massage for 140 baht last evening came close to being the best I've ever had.Wasn't sure what was on offer as it was a fish bowl with a very wide range of females offering their sevices. As I went with the girlfriend and her Dad I let them choose the ladies.

There were some younger women who were very shy and some who definately weren't!After choosing we all headed up stairs. Very big place with at least four floors.I followed a cracking young thing up the stairs well stacked in front showing plenty of cleavage and a bare midrift so I doubt she was just offering a straight massage. My lady was as expert as I've ever had and she eased an a stiff arm that I've had for a few weeks.The girlfriend was in the next cubicle and the positions her masseuse put her in amazed me.This was mostly if not entirely for men,the girlfriend was the only female customer I saw and I think she only came to check the place out.There are 5 similar places in town according to her Dad who told me with a wink he would be taking me fishing for the afternnoon shortly.