Rugby Union Fever Is Coming To Abc Asia Pacific From 2006

jsat

From ABC Asia Pacific

http://abcasiapacific.com/sportslounge/

We are pleased to announce that Rugby Union fever is coming to ABC Asia Pacific from 2006! Our exclusive coverage of the international competitions featuring Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, including the Super 14s, the Bledisloe Cup and the Tri Nations series begins February 10. We'll publish all the match times on our Sports Lounge page at www.abcasiapacific.com/sportslounge.

The signal will be encrypted so if you are watching ABC Asia Pacific via your own satellite equipment, you will need to register online for your FREE Smart Card. To do this, just visit our Smart Card page at www.abcasiapacific.com/rugby and we will send you one out free of charge.

Here's what's in store:

Tri Nations

Teams from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa compete in the Tri Nations series. Each team plays one home and one away match against the other nations. Points are awarded for both wins and losses and the team with the most points at the end of the competition wins the series.

Bledisloe Cup

The Bledisloe Cup is a fiercely contested series held between Australia and New Zealand. The competition started in 1931 when the then Governor-General of New Zealand, Lord Bledisloe presented a large silver cup as a perpetual rugby trophy and token of goodwill between Australia and New Zealand. Since 1995 the Bledisloe Cup has been a two match series played on a home and away basis. In the 103 matches played since the competition began New Zealand have won 69, Australia 30 and 4 were drawn.

Super 14s

The Super 14 Series begins in February 2006, with 14 teams representing Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. This competition started in 1996 as the Super 12 series when the three nations involved formed SANZAR (South African, New Zealand and Australian Rugby) to administer an annual competition. Now the competition consists of five teams from New Zealand, four from South Africa and three from Australia. Each team plays the others once during the yearly tournament.

Remember that you can always access our full programme schedule at http://abcasiapacific.com/guide/schedule.htm which details times for all the programming in your particular timezone.

Best Wishes

The ABC Asia Pacific Team

PS:

If you need local help (yes for free) see the comments posted at;

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?bo...;num=1136609957

Thanks for for posting this clipping. After visiting the WEB site I get the impression we who subscribe to PSI need not do anything as the service provider does the decoding.

Bring on the football season --- All codes :o

From ABC Asia Pacific

http://abcasiapacific.com/sportslounge/

We are pleased to announce that Rugby Union fever is coming to ABC Asia Pacific from 2006! Our exclusive coverage of the international competitions featuring Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, including the Super 14s, the Bledisloe Cup and the Tri Nations series begins February 10. We'll publish all the match times on our Sports Lounge page at www.abcasiapacific.com/sportslounge.

The signal will be encrypted so if you are watching ABC Asia Pacific via your own satellite equipment, you will need to register online for your FREE Smart Card. To do this, just visit our Smart Card page at www.abcasiapacific.com/rugby and we will send you one out free of charge.

how do you get ABC if you are

1)out of the WeTV cable area

2)already have UBC

3)living in Chiang Mai

Can the UBC decoader be tuned to ABC, or do you have to get a new decoader and dish etc. :o

2)already have UBC

3)living in Chiang Mai

Can the UBC decoader be tuned to ABC, or do you have to get a new decoader and dish etc. :o

I have UBC but had to buy PSI as well to receive ABC Asia Pacific. A one of payment of 15900 Baht get you the DMove hardware and 250 channels of “Free to Air” crap. 10 or so are worth a look. Get the installer to set the dish to lock onto the PAS8 satellite as it is not a normal option. I get 75% signal strength here near Udon so you should be OK at Chiang Mai.

2)already have UBC

3)living in Chiang Mai

I have UBC but had to buy PSI as well to receive ABC Asia Pacific. A one of payment of 15900 Baht get you the DMove hardware and 250 channels of “Free to Air” crap. 10 or so are worth a look. Get the installer to set the dish to lock onto the PAS8 satellite as it is not a normal option. I get 75% signal strength here near Udon so you should be OK at Chiang Mai.

I have UBC satellite but live in an apartment so it is a shared dish i believe - is there any other services i can pick up by using a different smartcard or receiever without needing a new dish or repositioning?

Thanks for for posting this clipping. After visiting the WEB site I get the impression we who subscribe to PSI need not do anything as the service provider does the decoding.

Bring on the football season --- All codes :o

Ok there is good news and bad news in this.

the bad news

==========

If you have a PSI system without card slot (important you have an irdeto card slot installed in your set top box in your home) which is 99% the cases here in Thailand (DP303 or the likes), _NO_ you will not be able to watch the rubgy.

If you have UBC, unless this rugby is carried on the network by i.e. Star sport, it is also unlikey you will watch it as UBC does not carry ABC AP.

Last bad news, it seems the AFL will now also be live for all games and you also NEED the smart card to watch this too. This snippet is not on the ABC AP web site yet, but told it will be shortly.

The good news - Solutions.

==================

1. Only for the users here on the TV forum, we can provide a whole solution ex-office in BKK, [note: no installation included] and free delivery in BKK only (local courier outside BKK i.e Cheng Mai) for THB 9,000 - this includes a Set Top Box for the ABC AP subcription card (and others as well), Dish electronics (LNB), 10m of cable and connectors and a 6' fixed dish.

2. Second set top box to connect to your PSI or other dish system (execpt owners of a Silverbox, F1) THB 4,500 ex-office BKK only (outside BKK via EMS - add THB 800)

3. Dynasat Silverbox I, Silverbox II, SilverboxPlus, F1 without card slots, send us your box and we can put a card slot in it - see http://www.jsat.tv/upgrade.htm for more details.

If you are watching a subscription network that has ABC AP on, then it is good news as there is no need to worry about it as they will show the rugby {example of some of the network: VTV, DreamTV, Telkomvision, DISH TV, Muracam}

Cheers

I have UBC satellite but live in an apartment so it is a shared dish i believe - is there any other services i can pick up by using a different smartcard or receiever without needing a new dish or repositioning?

Nope sorry there is nothing you can pick up apart from more Free To Air channels on the satellite Thaicom 2/3 Ku band even with a new set top box. However some of the older PACE set top boxes can be used to watch ABC AP with these smart cards (only some of them with do both the C & Ku bands) and a new dish tuned to Panamsat 8 C band.

A standard UBC dish will not pick up anything with ABC AP on it. So you need a new dish and maybe a new set top box sorry to say.

See posting above.

Thanks for that jsat.I have heard that some people in CM find it hard getting a signal.Is this true?

Not that I am aware of.

It is because most of the installers up there [and nationwide] have never installed on Panamsat 8 and do not know what to do. You might have problems with Panamsat 2 there and ABC as it is on your eastern horizon.

Cheers

Last bad news, it seems the AFL will now also be live for all games and you also NEED the smart card to watch this too. This snippet is not on the ABC AP web site yet, but told it will be shortly.
2. Second set top box to connect to your PSI or other dish system (execpt owners of a Silverbox, F1) THB 4,500 ex-office BKK only (outside BKK via EMS - add THB 800) .

Gee you certainly deflated me. The ONLY reason I bought PSI a year ago was to get 5 games of AFL over the weekend, be it delayed. Your information refers to live games does this effect the delayed telecasts? Can’t find any info on their WEB site :o

Looks like I am going to have to throw more Baht at this system if I am to retain my sanity out here in the rice paddies.

The ONLY reason I bought PSI a year ago was to get 5 games of AFL over the weekend, be it delayed. Your information refers to live games does this effect the delayed telecasts? Can’t find any info on their WEB site

Well I am not going to tell you 1/2 the story sorry, we need the right answers.

The news on the AFL is the best kept public secrets at the moment, see this email - note this email applies to the Fiji and the Pacific - the AFL comments applies to all of us with smart cards.

--- edited to save space -- full details at www.apsattv.com---

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for registering for a Smart Card for ABC Asia Pacific's upcoming Rugby Union coverage. Your support is greatly appreciated.

You do not appear to have replied to our Confirmation email that was sent out at the time of your registration. Since this time, unfortunately, we have experienced a last minute technical hitch to do with our encryption system for the Rugby Union in the Pacific. This means that the Smart Cards which we were planning to send out to the Pacific will no longer work. We have been working on finding a new solution to allow us to be able to bring the Rugby Union to you.

The options open to you are as follows:-

IF YOU HAVE A SCIENTIIFIC ATLANTA DECODER

[edited out to save space]

3) Alternatively, we will only be encrypting some live sport (at this stage Rugby Union and live AFL). All other content will remain unencrypted. So you can choose not to take either of the above options and you will be able to continue to view the remainder of ABC Asia Pacific programs on your existing equipment.

Please respond as quickly as you are able so that we can do our best to have you ready for kick off on February 10th.

Once again, apologies for this. We will do our utmost to help you.

Best Regards,

Pam Murray

Marketing Co-ordinator

ABC Asia Pacific

GPO Box 9994

Sydney NSW 2001

Australia

~~~//~~~

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
(at this stage Rugby Union and live AFL). All other content will remain unencrypted. So you can choose not to take either of the above options and you will be able to continue to view the remainder of ABC Asia Pacific programs on your existing equipment.

Best Regards,

Pam Murray

Marketing Co-ordinator

ABC Asia Pacific

GPO Box 9994

Sydney NSW 2001

Australia

~~~//~~~

Cheers

Just to update the thread. I have received the 'Smart Card' out here in the middle of the rice paddies of Isaan, delivered to my door by 'FEDEX' at no cost to me. My special thanks to the ABC Asia Pacific and Pam Murray. Now to buy the additional hardware I require --- watch this space.

Just to update the thread. I have received the 'Smart Card' out here in the middle of the rice paddies of Isaan, delivered to my door by 'FEDEX' at no cost to me. My special thanks to the ABC Asia Pacific and Pam Murray. Now to buy the additional hardware I require --- watch this space.

For a complete list of fixtures/ matches, venues, team etc see;

1. Schedule in Microsoft Excel format ~ http://www.jsat.tv/super14.xls

2. Schedule in Adobe PDF format ~ http://www.jsat.tv/super14.pdf

3. Schedule in Macromedia FLASH paper format ~ http://www.jsat.tv/super14.swf

4. Plain text (looks yuck) ~ http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1139376802/2#2

Enjoy as it starts this Friday

(at this stage Rugby Union and live AFL). All other content will remain unencrypted. So you can choose not to take either of the above options and you will be able to continue to view the remainder of ABC Asia Pacific programs on your existing equipment.

Best Regards,

Pam Murray

Marketing Co-ordinator

ABC Asia Pacific

GPO Box 9994

Sydney NSW 2001

Australia

~~~//~~~

Cheers

I need to ask the OP "WHAT IS HIS AGENDA??"

After a PM he tells me his hardware is sold out, I can buy different hardware at an increased price? I received a phone call from one of the many local farang monitoring my progress on this sitaution and "Low and Behold" at 13:30 here he has the first live game on PSI both ABC Asia and ABC Pacific. ---- NO SMART CARD or hardware. I varified this immediately. The Rugby is comming in exactly as specified in the ABC AP "Sportloung" Email.--- Watch this space!!

[i need to ask the OP "WHAT IS HIS AGENDA??"

After a PM he tells me his hardware is sold out, I can buy different hardware at an increased price? I received a phone call from one of the many local farang monitoring my progress on this sitaution and "Low and Behold" at 13:30 here he has the first live game on PSI both ABC Asia and ABC Pacific. ---- NO SMART CARD or hardware. I varified this immediately. The Rugby is comming in exactly as specified in the ABC AP "Sportloung" Email.--- Watch this space!!

No agenda at all mate.

1. ABC AP sent most of the people who have smart cards (and you should have got one too) an email saying due to problems with their encryption systems on Panamsat 8 and Panamsat 2 they will NOT be encrypting the games this weekend. Count your blessings.

2. As to selling out of kit, it happens. Even we were caught totaly off guard by the demand. So I suggested another option to you yesterday, with apologies right? See here "I am sorry to say we have sold out of all the Humax & Pace boxes due to the rugby starting this Friday. But there is a number of other ways to go about this"

3. We try and make sure as many people as possible are on the same page when ever we can, as many of you do not venture onto our web site, and your local satellite providers in most cases does not give you a heads up to many things going on out there in the satellite world, so we try to help fill the gap, so to speak.

I am sorry if you think there are hidden agenda's behind this, but there simply isn't.

Good luck with your PSI system.

I need to ask the OP "WHAT IS HIS AGENDA??"

From ABC AP this morning;

Dear Viewers.

Our Rugby coverage continues this afternoon and all the game details are shown below.

Due to broadcast rights, our Rugby coverage is subject to encryption and is also not available in Japan or China. We regret that some viewers may experience problems in viewing the Rugby this weekend due to encryption difficulties. Last weekend's coverage was broadcast unencrypted. You were sent an email on Monday asking you to test your Smart Card in your equipment to see if it works. You may experience problems if you have not done this or are trying to source the correct equipment.

If you are looking for equipment help please visit www.abcasiapacific.com/rugby for advice as soon as possible.

Please note that it has also come to our attention that some viewers may well be picking up the wrong PAS-8 feed which is our Pacific feed. It will be called ABC-Pacific on your decoder box. THIS SIGNAL WILL BE FULLY ENCRYPTED FROM THIS AFTERNOON. This means that you will not see any of ABC Asia Pacific unless you change channels to ABC-ASIA - the correct PAS-8 feed. It may also explain the schedule anomalies which some of you are experiencing.

Super 14s - Highlanders v Blues

JAKARTA/BANGKOK Friday 17 Feb at 13:30

INDIA Friday 17 Feb at 14:00

HONG KONG Friday 17 Feb at 14:30

PNG Friday 17 Feb at 16:30

SUVA Friday 17 Feb at 18:30

Super 14s - Hurricanes v Western Force

JAKARTA/BANGKOK Saturday 18 Feb at 13:30

INDIA Saturday 18 Feb at 14:00

HONG KONG Saturday 18 Feb at 14:30

PNG Saturday 18 Feb at 16:30

SUVA Saturday 18 Feb at 18:30

Super 14s - Reds vs Crusaders

JAKARTA/BANGKOK Saturday 18 Feb at 16:30

INDIA Saturday 18 Feb at 17:00

HONG KONG Saturday 18 Feb at 17:30

PNG Saturday 18 Feb at 19:30

----------

For Dynasat support see;

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1140048272

PSI DMOVE USER can see;

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1140136791

As per message 6 in the above thread (as I can not edit it, I will repost part of it here) ..

1. Only for the users here on the TV forum, we can provide a whole solution ex-office in BKK, [note: no installation included] and free delivery in BKK only (local courier outside BKK i.e Cheng Mai) for THB 9,000 - this includes a Set Top Box for the ABC AP subcription card (and others as well), Dish electronics (LNB), 10m of cable and connectors and a 6' fixed dish.

2. Second set top box to connect to your PSI or other dish system (execpt owners of a Silverbox, F1) THB 4,500 ex-office BKK only (outside BKK via EMS - add THB 800)

We have totally sold out of these items last week so the offer at these prices no longer applies