Weapons ?

ishan14

what is the thread about, answer that.

Some dude wants to buy a gun. Lots of others here think is it a great idea, and others not so. The worrying thing is that some of the supporters of gun ownership seem to have memory issues.

yes i know what its about,but rather then help him many go into a rant about guns being right or wrong.

pointless as it will change nothing.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dude wants to buy a gun. Lots of others here think is it a great idea, and others not so. The worrying thing is that some of the supporters of gun ownership seem to have memory issues.

yes i know what its about,but rather then help him many go into a rant about guns being right or wrong.

Couldn't agree more - and if you look at the start of the thread, the very first person to point him in the right direction was yours truly.

Now, for the last time. Milk and 2 sugars. Please. Thank you.

I had enough guns in Thailand to wipe out the city of Chiang Mai in 20 minutes. Nothing bad happened. My memory is fine.

The dude can buy as many guns in Thailand as he wants to. They have to be in his wife's name. So, like everyone does not have a house? My house is very nice BTW. Ya ya ya I know. If she gets rid of me who pays the monthly payments? The only thing she is concerned about is keeping me alive and happy for the next 20 years.smile.png

I had enough guns in Thailand to wipe out the city of Chiang Mai in 20 minutes. Nothing bad happened. My memory is fine.

The dude can buy as many guns in Thailand as he wants to. They have to be in his wife's name. So, like everyone does not have a house? My house is very nice BTW. Ya ya ya I know. If she gets rid of me who pays the monthly payments? The only thing she is concerned about is keeping me alive and happy for the next 20 years.smile.png

No, two sugars.

No, two sugars.

Having a conversation with you is kind of like being a dog whisperer. What. "two sugars" means is, I don't have a clue what to say because the dude is correct but I can't admit I am wrong.

Having a conversation with you is kind of like being a dog whisperer. What. "two sugars" means is, I don't have a clue what to say because the dude is correct but I can't admit I am wrong.

Umm no - but your memory loss is quite bad now. You basically repeated what I had written in post 7 of this thread. Then dribbled something about having a house and believing everyone else lives in a mud hut and how your wife wants to keep you alive for 20 yrs because of your mortgage. Nothing to comment upon aside from the fact if you missed everything else in the thread so far, you might have missed the fact that I wanted 2 sugars in my tea. Off you pop, treacle, would love a biscuit as well.

Edited by Pseudolus

Umm no - but your memory loss is quite bad now. You basically repeated what I had written in post 7 of this thread. Then dribbled something about having a house and believing everyone else lives in a mud hut and how your wife wants to keep you alive for 20 yrs because of your mortgage. Nothing to comment upon aside from the fact if you missed everything else in the thread so far, you might have missed the fact that I wanted 2 sugars in my tea. Off you pop, treacle, would love a biscuit as well.

The point was that owning guns in Thailand is the same as owning a house in Thailand. No problem but both are going to be in the Thai wife's name. So in answer to the question everyone who wants a gun in Thailand can have one. Got it now?

The point was that owning guns in Thailand is the same as owning a house in Thailand. No problem but both are going to be in the Thai wife's name. So in answer to the question everyone who wants a gun in Thailand can have one. Got it now?

I know - look at POST 7 and you will see I posted that already. Perhaps you are looking at it, and by the time you come back to repeat yourself to me again, you forget, and then off you go again.

Seriously, you might as well start making me a Cocoa now. It's getting late. Don't burn the milk though by nodding off like you usually do.

I know - look at POST 7 and you will see I posted that already. Perhaps you are looking at it, and by the time you come back to repeat yourself to me again, you forget, and then off you go again.

Seriously, you might as well start making me a Cocoa now. It's getting late. Don't burn the milk though by nodding off like you usually do.

Normal people discuss posts that are visible and referred to in current or the previous few posts. If you would like to discuss post #7 while everyone else is reading post #98 I suggest you refer to that post in the current post. smile.png

Normal people discuss posts that are visible and referred to in current or the previous few posts. If you would like to discuss post #7 while everyone else is reading post #98 I suggest you refer to that post in the current post. smile.png

Most people would read a thread before diving in at the end, stating what has already been posted right at the start.

Are you having a nice time? Would you like a blanket?

ermm.gif

sad, all these people talking about shooting ,stabing, wonder how they would feel if they did do it, hope to god nobody has to,

i wonder how many for that matter have seen someone shot, nice neat hole in the front, no so nice at the exit side,

its ok saying im going to protect my family, im all for that,

jake

would feel better then if they did it to me, most likely.

if your all for it what's your objection? we're talking about defense here.

OP if you feel it is so unsafe here, that you need to carry a weapon, you are in the wrong country,

It's not that i feel unsafe here or something but i was just wondering what are the laws in thailand for possession of a firearm.

BTW I think it can be helpful in case some armed thief breaks into one's house by any chance. just sayin'

Plain stupid... if an armed thief breaks into your house, he will have his gun ready and will be willing to use it if he sees you reaching for a gun... if an armed thief breaks into your house, give him your valuables and hope for the best he leaves you unharmed... if he sees you reach for a gun, he'll definitely kill you... at least THEN you don't anymore need to worry about being robbed...

I was talking about a situation like u hear some kinda noise . so, you can get ur gun and be ready for anything bad that is about to happen. i was not talking about waking up to the sound of the theif scratching his balls right next you and then tryin to get ur gun .. :l

sometimes they are not all that reasonable, unless of course you get a gentleman robber.

Guns should be illegal to own ANYWHERE!

betcha he's a yank. Gotta have them firearms.somebody already summed it up, if so afraid that you need a gun,wrap yourself up it cotton wool a d crawl under the bed and stay there.

Why would you pick on Yanks? It is legal for Thais to own guns or people from Switzerland. There are 10 million hunters in the US and more game now than hundreds of years ago. There are nutcases everywhere check our the current thread about Norway.

Admit it. Repeat after me, I am another Yank hater on Thai Visa!

Sorry everyone else. I get so tired of the constant bashing of people based on nationality that occurs here be it the US, Thailand or any other country or ethnic or national group or sexual orientation.

every 5 days there isa multiple shooting in the USA,google it, if no guns, no multiple shootings.

Guns should be illegal to own ANYWHERE!

betcha he's a yank. Gotta have them firearms.somebody already summed it up, if so afraid that you need a gun,wrap yourself up it cotton wool a d crawl under the bed and stay there.

Why would you pick on Yanks? It is legal for Thais to own guns or people from Switzerland. There are 10 million hunters in the US and more game now than hundreds of years ago. There are nutcases everywhere check our the current thread about Norway.

Admit it. Repeat after me, I am another Yank hater on Thai Visa!

Sorry everyone else. I get so tired of the constant bashing of people based on nationality that occurs here be it the US, Thailand or any other country or ethnic or national group or sexual orientation.

every 5 days there isa multiple shooting in the USA,google it, if no guns, no multiple shootings.

If you don't like it, go home then.

Sorry, just wanted to know how it felt to type that. Over all, very disappointing.

Multiple shootings in Thailand most days as well - not as widely reported though. It's called political persuasion here I guess.

I was sitting in a house one night a few years ago, house rented by an ex-pat who was not a personnal friend, who decided to show everyone the Browning 9mm his wife had just bought. Nice handgun, I admit I like them, I asked if I could check it for him, he agreed. I stripped it into parts and told him it was in really good condition and a nice firearm. About 5 or 6 months later I met him again and he admitted his wife had to take it back to the gun shop to get it put back together again.

If you don't know what they're really for and what they can actually do, leave them out of your life.

The OP asked for information, not a debate on gun control where the same people give the same unmoving opinions they did the last time we had an off topic debate about guns. Answer the question or move on.

I'm not good to say in English but i'll try to explain

There's not a rule or regulation that the alien does not exactly possess firearms.

It all depends on the consideration of the permit.

There are many considerations that must be considered Thais and alien.

There are specific requirements that must be considered alien.

Article 16 If an alien. Need to check that.

A. How long domiciled in Thailand.

B. Can speak Thai or not.

C. A family member Thais or Alien living in a country(Thailand) or not.

D. What is a cult mentality cult of the self. As a threat to the country or not.

So i would say that Possible!!!

:) and please don't shoot me T_T

Yes well ... i was vaguely excited by the thought of a testosterone fuelled arguement/debate .. i can't deny it. : )A youtube of Rambo included - i am a lucky girl LOL. No .. to idiots carrying guns .. you could never ever legislate and therefore be protected against idiots and so best not to have them at all for that reason. Keep it as it is and the rest will take their well considered chances. Better that way .. i think it works ok. Hunting is a different matter ... fetch me my bugle. : ))) (Really joking)

Two sugars you say Sid James - 10 out of 10 for making me laugh ... cyber tea on it's way to you.

Couldn't agree more - and if you look at the start of the thread, the very first person to point him in the right direction was yours truly.

Now, for the last time. Milk and 2 sugars. Please. Thank you.

• Like 1

If I lived in the US (as an example) where firearms are freely available and a constitutional right, I can honestly say I would be in a prison somewhere doing life.Without doubt there have been several occasions over the years,when if to hand, I would have used one and killed someone.

Personally I am glad they are not readily available, and like drugs I just steer clear of them as I am aware of the dangers and possible outcome and I am well aware of my own capabilities in certain circumstances so choose to not let it even be a possibility.

So Sid, your turn for Tea, make mine strong and dont forget the Custard creams.

If I lived in the US (as an example) where firearms are freely available and a constitutional right, I can honestly say I would be in a prison somewhere doing life.Without doubt there have been several occasions over the years,when if to hand, I would have used one and killed someone.

Personally I am glad they are not readily available, and like drugs I just steer clear of them as I am aware of the dangers and possible outcome and I am well aware of my own capabilities in certain circumstances so choose to not let it even be a possibility.

Don't know for sure but I think Thailand has more liberal gun laws than the USA. Do you live in Thailand?

Don't know for sure but I think Thailand has more liberal gun laws than the USA. Do you live in Thailand?

I live in Thailand and I have never noticed them selling guns in Big C Xtra or anywhere else for that matter, for that reason alone I would quickly make an assumption that gun laws are probably not as liberal as they are in the US,,,,,,,can I have a lettuce a box of teabags and an M16 please!!

I live in Thailand and I have never noticed them selling guns in Big C Xtra or anywhere else for that matter, for that reason alone I would quickly make an assumption that gun laws are probably not as liberal as they are in the US,,,,,,,can I have a lettuce a box of teabags and an M16 please!!

You know a lot about guy laws in the USA do you? Or maybe are you one of those guys from the UK? Have you bought a lot of M-16's in America?

Hmmmmmmmmmm, you don't know much about LOS do you sad.png ?

I was sitting in a house one night a few years ago, house rented by an ex-pat who was not a personnal friend, who decided to show everyone the Browning 9mm his wife had just bought. Nice handgun, I admit I like them, I asked if I could check it for him, he agreed. I stripped it into parts and told him it was in really good condition and a nice firearm. About 5 or 6 months later I met him again and he admitted his wife had to take it back to the gun shop to get it put back together again.

If you don't know what they're really for and what they can actually do, leave them out of your life.

You didn't think of putting it back together again for him after you took it apart? huh.png

You didn't think of putting it back together again for him after you took it apart? huh.png

Absolutey not, because a firearm is not a toy or a "thing" to impress anyone. It is a bit of equipment that is designed to kill. I would rather have in it bits in the hands of someone who has no idea what the real effect it has than in one peice in the hands of someone who has no idea of what it is and thinks it's something to impress others, or dare I say it on TV a substitute for the lack of a pair of B-lls

<p>

Nice of you to set yourself up as judge and jury on the whole matter.

Don't consider myself as judge and jury, I do actually enjoy going to a shooting range and firing handguns and whatever they have that you can have a pop with. It's the people who have had no training or instruction in firearms that frighten me because 99% of them have no real idea what a firearm is or what is designed to do. For them it's idea that it makes them the "big hero", on the lines of you got a 9 mil, hey man I got a 45.

I don't own a firearm although I do enjoy a day at the range firing whatever they have that you can fire with some friends who know what they have in their hands.

I've fired everything from 2.23 to 175mm but never in anger so I do understand firearms and firepower.

If you want an easy comparison, Give the keys of a Ferrari 500 to a 16 or 17 years old and see the result.

Edit because somehow a few lines went somewhere on the the original reply

Edited by overherebc