Will Oil Price Hit Us$100-200 Or More?

Has oil production reached a Peak where it becomes increasingly scarce and expensive ?

Has worldwide demand for oil outpace worldwide production of oil by a significant margin?

"Big deal. If gas prices get high, I’ll just drive less. Why should I give a ######?"

"How Do I Know This Isn't Just Fear-Mongering by Loony-Environmentalists?"

"How Do I Know Peak Oil Isn't Big Oil Propaganda That is Being Used To Create Artificial Scarcity & Justify Gouging Us at the Pump?"

"How Can I Be Sure This Isn't Just More 1970s Doom-and-Gloom?"

"What's Going to Happen to the Economy?"

"What Does All of This Mean for Me?"

The above article is excerpted from The Oil Age is Over: What to Expect as the World Runs Out of Cheap Oil 2005-2050, by Matthew David Savinar, Esq

There will always be oil available but what the price will be is the BIG question. Oil from oil sands and shale oil are in abundance all over the world, even here in Thailand. It is/was simply too costly to extract. I certainly wouldn't look for oil prices to go down so it is likely that the process to extract this plentiful supply will proceed. Peak oil is another question. I believe there are still undiscovered deposits but they are in frigid and difficult to access areas and some of these areas are now protected (Alaska) by the tree huggers. I expect they will be forced to change their minds when they see the price of oil continue to rise and the world economy start to decline. Conservation would help a lot. A further acceptance of efficient diesel engines would conserve approximately 30% of what easily accessed oil remains.

Has oil production reached a Peak where it becomes increasingly scarce and expensive ?

Has worldwide demand for oil outpace worldwide production of oil by a significant margin?

"Big deal. If gas prices get high, I’ll just drive less. Why should I give a ######?"

"How Do I Know Peak Oil Isn't Big Oil Propaganda That is Being Used To Create Artificial Scarcity & Justify Gouging Us at the Pump?"

"What Does All of This Mean for Me?"

The above article is excerpted from The Oil Age is Over: What to Expect as the World Runs Out of Cheap Oil 2005-2050, by Matthew David Savinar, Esq

Wrong. Our whole civilization is based on oil and its derivatives, along with its cheap availability. Oil is used for polymers, medecines, agriculture, chemicals etc. The list is obviously long.

Of course : back in 18 century people were living without it...

So as the matter of fact, the question shoudl be : "in wich society model i want to live ?"

Might be right. But as previously said : there will be always oil. The only problem is it's cost.

Right. Speculation plays a role. Now. But on which scale compare to 1.3 + 1.3 billions of chineses and indians who WANT to have the same lifestyle than american people ?

I mean no need to create "artificial scarcity" : the demand will do the job.

Once again, you can't compare 1970 with nowadays. China and India were INEXISTENTS at that time (from an oil point of view, of course :o )

Total collapse. Is it a problem for you ? :D

Oil is now plentiful...and it will continue to be plentiful for many years.

The commodity markets are creating this strange "derrivitive factor"

Oil is now officially "overpriced" by the markets..I hate to say it....but, the US is driving these price market fluctuations as well. They simply eat to much energy.....which they need to pull 11 trillion gdp.

Wrong. Our whole civilization is based on oil and its derivatives, along with its cheap availability. Oil is used for polymers, medecines, agriculture, chemicals etc. The list is obviously long.

Of course : back in 18 century people were living without it...

So as the matter of fact, the question shoudl be : "in wich society model i want to live ?"

Might be right. But as previously said : there will be always oil. The only problem is it's cost.

Right. Speculation plays a role. Now. But on which scale compare to 1.3 + 1.3 billions of chineses and indians who WANT to have the same lifestyle than american people ?

I mean no need to create "artificial scarcity" : the demand will do the job.

Once again, you can't compare 1970 with nowadays. China and India were INEXISTENTS at that time (from an oil point of view, of course :o )

Total collapse. Is it a problem for you ? :D

Total collapse. Is it a problem for you ? :o

That's a strong statement. Wouldnt there be problems for everyone including yourself & myself, if there's a total collapse of the economy? unless you are living off the grid now, without the need for daily conveniences like electricity & oil etc. Anyone planning to live off the grid in LOS???

That's a strong statement. Wouldnt there be problems for everyone including yourself & myself, if there's a total collapse of the economy? unless you are living off the grid now, without the need for daily conveniences like electricity & oil etc. Anyone planning to live off the grid in LOS???

Well i was joking a bit.

More seriously, at 100/200 USD, it would have great effects on the run of economy, with a lot of turbulences.

But I don't say that eventually we couldn't find a way to balance the situation.

As for a personal point of view, I believe Thailand would be a nice country to live off the grid, at least better than Europe.

Electricity with solar generator, and the possibility to grow vegetables and plants, with a nice house, that's a good begining, right ?

Well i was joking a bit.

More seriously, at 100/200 USD, it would have great effects on the run of economy, with a lot of turbulences.

But I don't say that eventually we couldn't find a way to balance the situation.

As for a personal point of view, I believe Thailand would be a nice country to live off the grid, at least better than Europe.

Electricity with solar generator, and the possibility to grow vegetables and plants, with a nice house, that's a good begining, right ?

I agree LOS is a better place for off-griders than Europe in terms of cost & space.

That's a good start. Perhaps i could learn from you? Is there an off-griders club in LOS?

So what's your next step? Plant your veg since they wont appear out of nowhere?

And I assume your solar is enough only to power your lightings at home?