Husbands Bulge Cooked

Plucky

Anybody else having their bit cooked after leaving scooter in the sun ?

I know I can leave it in the shade or cover it (the seat not my bulge) but that's no fun and requires planning on my part.

Surely by now a high tech gel seat or something has been invented. I thought about a furry seat but my bits would get too sweaty and when it rained it would be sodden for hours.

Any ideas?

Keep a small furry animal under your seat with bungee style hooks on it's feet to keep it in place. Simply clip it into place once you parked your bike and no more hot seat. It would have the added bonus of keeping you company at night if you fed it.

Edited by Bung
  • Like 1

Ride your bike standing up for a few minutes, that should cool the seat down for you.

Or you could have it recovered in a light grey colour (hell, any colour than black), which would reflect more light than the Black seat most bikes have

I have this problem with my Fireblade. The seat is just a piece of flat, black plastic so it can be a bit of a shocker if I hop on in my shorts when it's been sitting in the sun.

But, I have found that if I press my gloves firmly down on the saddle several times across the width it removes enough heat to be comfortable to sit on.

Pressing down with your gloves works? I tried fixing a towel on by zip ties and did an exemplary job. Then it rained and it got soggy, dam_n.

Now I just carry a small towel and either cover it beforehand or when I get on.

The gloves work. I found out through desperation; having nothing else to hand I thought it would be worth a try. I keep them in the seat hump and the temperature difference seems to be enough.