Shooting Range

samtam

I live in Sathorn, north of Yenakart. In this area there is a military base, (airforce?). Over the last week there has been daily and frequent shooting practice from early in the day until late. Previously there used to be the sound of gunfire from intermittent shooting practices.

I don't suppose we'll ever know why there is a spike of activity, but it is nevertheless both irritating and slightly worrying, given the country's unstable history.

Are others in the neighbourhood suffering too?

Irritating yes, worrying don't be so stupid. It is a military base. Do you expect them to practice with empty guns and say BANG!

Why not ask the base to move? lol

I am amazed about your opening post

actually in Thailand I would say that would be a positive move.

Thailands not for pussies.

Its a country for those who dare to be free.

WHO DARES WINS

, Latin: "Qui audet adipiscitur" (French: Qui ose gagne; German: Wer wagt, gewinnt; Polish: Kto ryzykuje, wygrywa;

&

Si vis pacem, para bellum,

a Latin phrase

meaning

"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Edited by redroo

Meanwhile, it's your THIRD post, and you're already calling people stupid...

I predict great things for you on Thaivisa.

Actually been a member for a long time, and felt compelled to reply to the opening post. Whether it is my first or 100 post is not the point. The reason why it is stupid is because he lives next to a military base and complaining about gunfire. What do you expect!

It is like you complaining about the smell or bread because you live next to a bakery, or smelling shit because you live next to pig farm.

And someone opens a post on Thai visa about it.

Get a life

Meanwhile, it's your THIRD post, and you're already calling people stupid...

I predict great things for you on Thaivisa.

Actually been a member for a long time, and felt compelled to reply to the opening post. Whether it is my first or 100 post is not the point. The reason why it is stupid is because he lives next to a military base and complaining about gunfire. What do you expect!

It is like you complaining about the smell or bread because you live next to a bakery, or smelling shit because you live next to pig farm.

And someone opens a post on Thai visa about it.

Get a life

OK, in spite of your need to PM me about it, I will take the time to explain why you are misguided.

The OPs post was not simply complaining about the sound of gunfire, but emphasizing that the amount of gunfire, i.e., firing practice, had recently increased by a large amount. The concern he expressed was whether that increased marksmanship practice might be indicative of some increased readiness or alert for the Army. Given recent political rumblings, I think the OP was looking for, a) confirmation by others that firing intensity had recently increased (as opposed to a big lump of wax finally working its way out of his ear canal), and b ) what possible significance said increase might have.

Your need to call names and send me agitated PMs about it means you may need to consider some form of counseling or spiritual guidance. If you have been a member for so long, and this is what sparked you to give us a rare glimpse of your wisdom, I submit that it is YOU who needs to get a life.

Cheers.

Irritating yes, worrying don't be so stupid. It is a military base. Do you expect them to practice with empty guns and say BANG!

They do in Australia

Senator IAN MACDONALD (Queensland) (14:01): Mr President, Is the minister aware of reports that soldiers from the Australian Army Reserve units have reported that they are not being given live or blank rounds for training exercises, and instead are shouting 'bang bang' to simulate weapons discharges?

Do you realize the supposedly Royal Navy that is a total joke were told to shout just that BANG on firing excersises to save the cost of ammo? Now we know why they are a joke.