Thai Visa Heavy On Tracking ?!?

TS79

What are you worried about? Your facebook which is more than likely open is doing that cause TV allows you to share post.

If you so worried about your privacy you'd delete ya facebook account.

Facebook, like all other social networking sites are easily controlled, if you are really that worried about privacy issues then........ don't use the internet!

The picture the OP has posted actually seems more like a spam attack than anything useful,...... does it go on to say..... "we can stop these tracking attempts by downloading our amazing software" ????/

Facebook, like all other social networking sites are easily controlled, if you are really that worried about privacy issues then........ don't use the internet!

The picture the OP has posted actually seems more like a spam attack than anything useful,...... does it go on to say..... "we can stop these tracking attempts by downloading our amazing software" ????/

wrong assumption Lenny. there is free software which does block tracking. since i downloaded "do not track" a couple of months agao i am accessing websites (especially Thaivisa) in turbo modus!

Oh i see, i guess you fell for it then Naam, nothing is free!!

However, since i respect your knowledge i will try that, but be warned - if it buggers up my PC then i will hold you responsible!

By the way, who tracks the trackers?

wrong assumption Lenny. there is free software which does block tracking. since i downloaded "do not track" a couple of months agao i am accessing websites (especially Thaivisa) in turbo modus!

However, since i respect your knowledge i will try that, but be warned - if it buggers up my PC then i will hold you responsible!

It's a good tool, l have used it for many months. thumbsup.gif

It's a good tool, l have used it for many months. thumbsup.gif

I have just downloaded it - and i am suitably impressed, what a difference it makes to browsing ThaiVisa, many thanks Naam.

I have just downloaded it - and i am suitably impressed, what a difference it makes to browsing ThaiVisa, many thanks Naam.

accessing Thaivisa and staring for a minute (and more) till the page loaded at some sh*t at the bottom such as "looking for who's among us et al" p*ssed me off more than once. DNT solved the problem.

it's about two and a half months that i use DNT. 180,000 total blocks. if every block saved only 2 seconds waiting time (an arbitrary estimate as i have no idea) that's a hundred hours less stupid staring at the screen.

What are you worried about? Your facebook which is more than likely open is doing that cause TV allows you to share post.

If you so worried about your privacy you'd delete ya facebook account.

I do not have or ever had a FB account

Here is my DNT open screen for this site

A tip with this program.

It stops tracking but does not remove it. Download SuperAntiSpyware, it deletes the crap. Update before quick scan. You will be amazed at the crap. thumbsup.gif

for cleaning up browsers and other files i use "ccleaner". it is amazing how many hundredthousand useless files accumulate in Firefox and Opera within a couple of weeks. i'm not sure whether they slow down the PC considerably but it is nothing but garbabe. nearly one gigabyte rubbish on the harddrive in just a week!

A tip with this program.

It stops tracking but does not remove it. Download SuperAntiSpyware, it deletes the crap. Update before quick scan. You will be amazed at the crap. thumbsup.gif

for cleaning up browsers and other files i use "ccleaner". it is amazing how many hundredthousand useless files accumulate in Firefox and Opera within a couple of weeks. i'm not sure whether they slow down the PC considerably but it is nothing but garbabe. nearly one gigabyte rubbish on the harddrive in just a week!

I use that too. thumbsup.gif

A tip with this program.

I may be wrong but I believe the type you are speaking of is for spyware that is

installed on your computer as a byproduct of some other download.

The type of tracking that is blocked by DNT is the type that is loaded by tripwire anytime you open a web page

that allows it. Which is most these days

But the websites do not install any programs. Just looks at the info your browser history provides.

Which is why most experience lag or slowdown due to the extra load.

Edited by mania

A tip with this program.

I may be wrong but I believe the type you are speaking of is for spyware that is

installed on your computer as a byproduct of some other download.

The type of tracking that is blocked by DNT is the type that is loaded by tripwire anytime you open a web page

that allows it. Which is most these days

But the websites do not install any programs. Just looks at the info your browser history provides.

Which is why most experience lag or slowdown due to the extra load.

I am no PC guru BUT, a quick SAS scan picks up the stopped tracking and lists it. I get around a 100 every day to remove, and they are listed for inspection..

I am no PC guru BUT, a quick SAS scan picks up the stopped tracking and lists it. I get around a 100 every day to remove, and they are listed for inspection..

Ah, I think you should set your browser to accept cookies but also to delete all cookies

when browser is closed.

Most modern browsers allow that but you need to set it in your setting as default is set to keep until expired.

Here is what that setting looks like in FF

Edited by mania

Ah, I think you should set your browser to accept cookies but also to delete all cookies

when browser is closed.

Most modern browsers allow that but you need to set it in your setting as default is set to keep until expired.

Here is what that setting looks like in FF

OK, smile.png