Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

22 replies to a topic and 20 of them are your own ? pointless, and for those of us with less than fast internet connections here in Thailand all those You Tube clips cause bl**dy havoc.

I posted the 20 clips to kick start the topic and if thats caused a problem for you, I apologise.

Some interesting memories - thanks.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 replies to a topic and 20 of them are your own ? pointless, and for those of us with less than fast internet connections here in Thailand all those You Tube clips cause bl**dy havoc.

I posted the 20 clips to kick start the topic and if thats caused a problem for you, I apologise.

All of the ones I've posted bring back memories from the past for me and the ones that kevjohn has posted do the same.Our family had a thing going

where one family member in turn each week could pick a record to buy and my very first pick was "Banana Boat Song" by Harry Belafonte and kevjohn has posted that one.Thanks very much kevjohn.Another one was "Good Night Irene" by the Weavers which I remember at about 8/9 years of age on holidays at Busselton and sitting in an old picture theater and that tune was in the movie which although I'm not sure could have had the same title.For some reason it has always stayed in my mind.

All of the ones I've posted bring back memories from the past for me and the ones that kevjohn has posted do the same.Our family had a thing going

where one family member in turn each week could pick a record to buy and my very first pick was "Banana Boat Song" by Harry Belafonte and kevjohn has posted that one.Thanks very much kevjohn.Another one was "Good Night Irene" by the Weavers which I remember at about 8/9 years of age on holidays at Busselton and sitting in an old picture theater and that tune was in the movie which although I'm not sure could have had the same title.For some reason it has always stayed in my mind.

These all bring back memories for me, too. Growing up on a farm, music was the first choice when it came to entertaining the family.

It was a sad day on 3rd February 1959 when the aircraft with Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J P Richardson aka The Big Bopper and the pilot died in the snow 5 miles from Mason City airport, Iowa.

I liked each one individually and I included them in the 1st 13 posts because of memories of that tragedy.

Archived