Reviews On Eva Airline?

phuturatica

Several people have taken the time and shown the kindness to help the OP, phuturatica, yet this member hasn't bothered to say thanks or even recognize in any way what has been done for him or her. This happens too often at TVF and is one of the reasons I rarely bother to post here.

Is my complaint reasonable, or is this just the way the world is now, and I should learn to accept that common courtesy has gone the way of the Dodo? I know we shouldn't help people to be thanked for it, but let's be honest, it only takes a few seconds and is the proper thing to do.

No you are not unreasonable..seems more likely the OP is ungrateful or incapable for some unknown reason of taking ten seconds to say "thanks"....see it all the time on TV and other forums.

He/she only posted the original post a little more than 24 hours ago at the time I post this. Do they have to stay online waiting to thank every one who replies? Maybe they only log on every few days?

Well, it's been over 3 days since the OP asked for help, and we have to assume that this person hasn't even bothered to look again or is rather rude not to acknowledge that over 20 people were nice enough to help.

But according to some of you, I have to accept it that I'm wrong to expect someone should go through all the hard work of typing "Thanks." I guess it's my unreasonably old-fashioned values that tell me it's wrong not to thank people when they help. Well, I'll either have to get with the new age and not worry about civil niceties, or I'll just have to reconsider posting helpful info.

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people have taken the time and shown the kindness to help the OP, phuturatica, yet this member hasn't bothered to say thanks or even recognize in any way what has been done for him or her. This happens too often at TVF and is one of the reasons I rarely bother to post here.

Is my complaint reasonable, or is this just the way the world is now, and I should learn to accept that common courtesy has gone the way of the Dodo? I know we shouldn't help people to be thanked for it, but let's be honest, it only takes a few seconds and is the proper thing to do.

No you are not unreasonable..seems more likely the OP is ungrateful or incapable for some unknown reason of taking ten seconds to say "thanks"....see it all the time on TV and other forums.

He/she only posted the original post a little more than 24 hours ago at the time I post this. Do they have to stay online waiting to thank every one who replies? Maybe they only log on every few days?

Well, it's been over 3 days since the OP asked for help, and we have to assume that this person hasn't even bothered to look again or is rather rude not to acknowledge that over 20 people were nice enough to help.

But according to some of you, I have to accept it that I'm wrong to expect someone should go through all the hard work of typing "Thanks." I guess it's my unreasonably old-fashioned values that tell me it's wrong not to thank people when they help. Well, I'll either have to get with the new age and not worry about civil niceties, or I'll just have to reconsider posting helpful info.

I agree with you, so easy just to say thank you.

If ever I make a post I always ensure I follow up with a thank you.

I sent a lengthy PM to someone more than a week ago, never heard from him again.

If there was a little more courtesy shown in the world today there would not be half the problems, it all starts at home at a young age. I am glad my parents taught me good manners.

Manners maketh man.

• Like 2

Seems a strange thing to be concerning yourself over. It's just a forum, mate.

• Like 1

Some people put up a post because they have nothing better to do and will not come back. You get used to it after a while and tend to weed out the fake posts. Just take it easy and move on, getting worked up doesn't bother the poster.

EVA is a wonderful airline. very attentive and cheerful service, great planes (on my route, SFO-BKK, it's all 777s, which I prefer to 747s...totally computer-controlled, boring for the pilots but a very smooth ride for passengers!). almost always on-time in my experience too. I fly them so often to Thailand that I'm a "silver card" holder and thus enjoy their lounge; it's okay in Taipei but truly superb and spacious at Suvvarnabhumi...

Hot flight attendants too, haha, and always at least two Thais on all of my flights, allows me to start speaking Thai as soon as I leave home!!

From my experience with EVA, I would recommend them. I've never had a problem and staff seemed quite friendly and reasonable.

Not like Air Canada (especially domestic) where I'm starting to think they have special courses for flight attendants to teach them how to scowl and be generally nasty. If you want that "just a piece of cattle in the herd" feeling, try Air Canada. (I suspect the AC flight attendants will start using cattle prods soon.)

Sound United and Delta...biggrin.png

Also have flown with EVA (Premier Economy) LHR-BKK return for many years and rate them as being efficient but not particularly that many frills. The Premier Economy isn't particularly cheap, but less costly than it's limited number of rivals having the same class, e.g. BA. The only other option I consider is Business Class with China Air , pretty good and inexpensive for that class , but the stop-over time in Amsterdam nearly always ensures that I fly with EVA Air instead.

Thank me later biggrin.png

We always choose EVA to fly from Vancouver to BKK - way better service than Air China - their competitors in Taiwan. Better than Air Canada as well

Excellent service, no bad points against them at all.

Choose Elite class if you have a little extra money - improved version of Cattle Class.

Foods good enough and plenty of choices for different tastes.

The stewardesses are also pretty cute.

All female staff, so they ration alcohol to men, in order to avoid problems.

At the LHR end there is usually a policeman questioning male passengers to check they aren't drunk before boarding.

Smallest seats I have ever sat on.

Emirates is superior in every way, except for the stopover.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

All female staff, so they ration alcohol to men, in order to avoid problems.

At the LHR end there is usually a policeman questioning male passengers to check they aren't drunk before boarding.

Smallest seats I have ever sat on.

Emirates is superior in every way, except for the stopover.

Never seen a policeman at LHR "questioning" Eva passengers, never seen anyone drunk on the flights or causing trouble, always very quiet on the flight as it departs late in the evening.

I have flown Eva more times than I can remember. Eva always #1 for me BKK/LHR/BKK.

Flew EVA from BKK to Vancouver. Outgoing OK tho' food dire; PA system indecipherable & seats cramped.

Return flight, I upgraded to Evergreen. The seats were wider but that was the only discernible difference for my extra dollars.

Change-over at Taipei was horrendous. Despite being cleared by security at Vancouver, we were made to queue for an hour mixed in with others who'd just come-in off the street.

I wrote to complain but never got a response.

Flew them for years from 2005-2008 and watched them steadily decline in quality. Their in seat entertainment was a bit odd, economy had the selectable userface, but business class had to make due with channels that looped movies.

I have noticed that they are more expensive than the rest, at least for me. BKK to EWR (Newark NJ).

I flew Singapore air in April and it was fantastic, I also LOVE Thai Air, but they discontinued their BKK to JFK nonstop flights...

I also flew with EVA for years until I discovered Qatar Air. In economy, on EVA, the seating is what you expect and the food is barely edible - get a good feed in advance of the flight. In 'economy deluxe' the seat is a little wider but goes back no further than economy. The food is the same as economy, the wine undrinkable (to my palate). But the price is twice as expensive. In business class the seats are well spaced but they are not the business class seats of the 'main airlines'. They are the 160 degree seats in which you slide down when trying to sleep. The food is marginally better than in economy and the wine is drinkable. However the premium is much higher than the good middle eastern airlines.

I like Qatar Air. The fares are usually as cheap if not cheaper than EVA and the service is first class in all fare categories. Etihad are good for economy at a very reasonable price. But like other posters I prefer to have a break in the middle of this very long flight so the middle Eastern Airlines suit me.

The best direct flight I have been on is Singapore Air (LHR - HKT via Singapore) but this is very expensive and the firm paid.

In summary you get what you pay for. Avoid going anywhere via India, no matter how cheap. EVA Air about the same as Thai Air.

IMO by now your complaint is justified.

Flew them for years from 2005-2008 and watched them steadily decline in quality. Their in seat entertainment was a bit odd, economy had the selectable userface, but business class had to make due with channels that looped movies.

I have noticed that they are more expensive than the rest, at least for me. BKK to EWR (Newark NJ).

I flew Singapore air in April and it was fantastic, I also LOVE Thai Air, but they discontinued their BKK to JFK nonstop flights...

I also flew with EVA for years until I discovered Qatar Air. In economy, on EVA, the seating is what you expect and the food is barely edible - get a good feed in advance of the flight. In 'economy deluxe' the seat is a little wider but goes back no further than economy. The food is the same as economy, the wine undrinkable (to my palate). But the price is twice as expensive. In business class the seats are well spaced but they are not the business class seats of the 'main airlines'. They are the 160 degree seats in which you slide down when trying to sleep. The food is marginally better than in economy and the wine is drinkable. However the premium is much higher than the good middle eastern airlines.

I like Qatar Air. The fares are usually as cheap if not cheaper than EVA and the service is first class in all fare categories. Etihad are good for economy at a very reasonable price. But like other posters I prefer to have a break in the middle of this very long flight so the middle Eastern Airlines suit me.

The best direct flight I have been on is Singapore Air (LHR - HKT via Singapore) but this is very expensive and the firm paid.

In summary you get what you pay for. Avoid going anywhere via India, no matter how cheap. EVA Air about the same as Thai Air.

How do you do a direct flight with a stop in Singapore?

The OP is flying LHR-BKK so Taipei doesn't come into it.

I haven't sat in economy, but premium economy is worth it if you are a bit larger and it is quite affordable. Their business class is the cheapest direct and is a similar quality to Thai.

Steady on guys.

Your complaint is of course every reasonable, but generally it is new posters or ones with very low post counts who do not reply.

Most posters of higher post counts will come back and say thankyou.

At the time of your post it had only been a day since she posted?

Probably busy with work or something.

no, your complaint is not reasonable, it is the squeal of the self righteous and it makes it clear you are only offering your help for the recognition. Otherwise you would not not be bleating.

The OP asked for help, you were in no way obliged to give it. there is more to peoples lives (maybe not yours) and the fact she may have become distracted and not yet responded to this thread is no reflection on how much gratitude she may or may not feel.

get off your high horse about "the way the world is now" it makes you look old and inflexible.

Re the question Evergreen Deluxe os pretty good, especially BKK -YVR

EDIT: it seems i was right, the OP was too busy in REAL LIFE to stop in and give a lonely old man the pat on the back he so badly needed. pathetic.

Harsh... and if thats the way you talk to the elderly then SHAME ON YOU !!!!

Also weed out the fake posts?! I've been posting here for some time now, I'm hardly one of those posters who disappears after making a thread.

Again I am super sorry.

Sorry is not good enough... You deserve to be flogged, or at the very least pelted at the stocks with rotten onions and squished tomatoes.

• Like 1

no, your complaint is not reasonable, it is the squeal of the self righteous and it makes it clear you are only offering your help for the recognition. Otherwise you would not not be bleating.

The OP asked for help, you were in no way obliged to give it. there is more to peoples lives (maybe not yours) and the fact she may have become distracted and not yet responded to this thread is no reflection on how much gratitude she may or may not feel.

get off your high horse about "the way the world is now" it makes you look old and inflexible.

Re the question Evergreen Deluxe os pretty good, especially BKK -YVR

EDIT: it seems i was right, the OP was too busy in REAL LIFE to stop in and give a lonely old man the pat on the back he so badly needed. pathetic.

Harsh... and if thats the way you talk to the elderly then SHAME ON YOU !!!!

i have infinite patience for the elderly, its the entitled and miserable i dislike.

• Like 1