Reviews On Eva Airline?

phuturatica

I used to fly EVA all the time LHR-BKK-LHR economy, in the day they were good, the old 747's were OK, then the newer 777 was great.

Food went downhill, service declined and the aircraft stunk after being up for half teh journey, food stank and toilets stank.

Staff onboard were OK, plus the prices have steadily increased to mak ethem just a comparable ailing with no ISP.

I now fly Etihad, better service, better planes, food, staff etc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for direct flights they are one of the best & still cheaper than Thai, BA etc (better too). We have just booked LHR-BKK have done the route with them 3 times in the last 4 years. Emirates are the best we have used so far but the stop over is just not convinient anymore, plus only 400gbp difference to go direct with eva for 3 people than emirates. Emirates used to be the prime choice as they were so cost effective but seem no longer are.

I'm sure you will be fine.

As for the responding issue some of you have, bullying the op on the thread OR in PM, will not be tolerated.

Also weed out the fake posts?! I've been posting here for some time now, I'm hardly one of those posters who disappears after making a thread.

Again I am super sorry.

I really dont actually see why you have to apologise to be honest. A few days where you couldnt respond to an internet thread because you have a busy life doesnt (imo) call for the berating you received. I was recently offline for nearly two weeks because i went to visit my bf in Australia who i havent seen in months, and wont see again for 3 months. Somehow logging onto the net, let alone Thaivisa, wasnt high on my priority list and i was 99% off the net (only checking email). I suppose if i had left a thread hanging on here, some members would have had me virtually hung drawn and quartered by now. ..!

• Like 1

Several people have taken the time and shown the kindness to help the OP, phuturatica, yet this member hasn't bothered to say thanks or even recognize in any way what has been done for him or her. This happens too often at TVF and is one of the reasons I rarely bother to post here.

Is my complaint reasonable, or is this just the way the world is now, and I should learn to accept that common courtesy has gone the way of the Dodo? I know we shouldn't help people to be thanked for it, but let's be honest, it only takes a few seconds and is the proper thing to do.

No you are not unreasonable..seems more likely the OP is ungrateful or incapable for some unknown reason of taking ten seconds to say "thanks"....see it all the time on TV and other forums.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! I'm really very sorry that people have taken offence as to me not replying to this thread! I've been super busy the past few weeks with work and I've barely been on ThaiVisa at all.

I'm not ungrateful in the slightest and I do try my hardest to keep up with TVF but I'm not super glued to the forum and on here every day. My apologies if anyone thinks I'm being rude!

Thanks for all the reviews though guys. Looks like I got lucky with my flights and I'm now feeling rather optimistic about them.

Again, I'm super sorry for not replying. Had a million and one things to do the last 3 weeks. wai.gif

Really no need to apologise! There are always some disgruntled moaners who are far too easily 'miffed' on forums like this!

Enjoy the flight. EVA are great!

Used numerous times never had a problem, I used the economy premier I think they call it evergreen, larger seats more leg room. Food ok.

I assume you mean Premier Elite. The one upgrade. Bigger seats. I flew that my last three trips. Really is worth the extra cost. Makes the vacation much more enjoyable

I used to fly EVA all the time LHR-BKK-LHR economy, in the day they were good, the old 747's were OK, then the newer 777 was great.

Food went downhill, service declined and the aircraft stunk after being up for half teh journey, food stank and toilets stank.

Staff onboard were OK, plus the prices have steadily increased to mak ethem just a comparable ailing with no ISP.

I now fly Etihad, better service, better planes, food, staff etc.

I'm with you on this one but we are certainly in a minority smile.png . I think however when the question of EVA comes up we are not often comparing like with like. If your looking at non-stop flights from the UK apart from Eva, we have BA/Quantas, & Thai, hardly a stellar collection. Not that hard to come near the top in that company. If you don't mind a stop Qatar & Etihad are so superior its no contest.

I used to rate Eva Air pretty highly,but since a return direct flight in June and July,london Bangkok I was disappointed.

The food was extremely poor,cabin service was slow,and the cans of Beer were hiding in the middle of the trolly,and you had to ask twice before they admitted they were serving alchohol,as for a small bottle of wine,there was no chance of any,nothing great about the in flight entertainment either.

Oh! and when I asked for a second can of beer,i'm sure the stewardess heaved a audible sigh in my direction.

All told a stingy, lack lustre, performance,and it showed.

They will be refitting their business class cabin with new seats soon as well as joining Star Alliance, so I think their days as the best value on the BKK-LHR route may soon be over. Hopefully they don't start to market the Elite cabin as junior business class like BA do with WT+ and make it insanely expensive.

I used to rate Eva Air pretty highly,but since a return direct flight in June and July,london Bangkok I was disappointed.

The food was extremely poor,cabin service was slow,and the cans of Beer were hiding in the middle of the trolly,and you had to ask twice before they admitted they were serving alchohol,as for a small bottle of wine,there was no chance of any,nothing great about the in flight entertainment either.

Oh! and when I asked for a second can of beer,i'm sure the stewardess heaved a audible sigh in my direction.

Agree regards beer....very VERY stingy indeed.

Also weed out the fake posts?! I've been posting here for some time now, I'm hardly one of those posters who disappears after making a thread.

Again I am super sorry.

Sorry is not good enough... You deserve to be flogged, or at the very least pelted at the stocks with rotten onions and squished tomatoes.

Or worse made to look at several TVFers posing in speedos.

Agree regards beer....very VERY stingy indeed.

Like attending a teetotalers convention on EVA. You have to really be pushy when asking for alcohol.

I am no wino, but I appreciate a few drinks as it puts me to sleep easier on a long haul. I don't if they are cheap or afraid of people getting drunk.

I've used Eva many times on the LHR-BKK route and think it's a great airline .... not up there with Singapore .... but not that far behind.

Usually cheapest on that route, or close enough to cheapest, that a direct flight with the time savings over a slighty cheaper flight with a change in AMS or the middle east is worth it.

Flying with them again in December ....

The wife flew with EVA in april, LHR/bkk return in economy, booked chosen seats online and she was quite happy with this airline, cheaper than thai and china.

I only fly business when i go so china air via amsterdam is by far the cheapest, use bus lounge at airports,

food and drink free, priority boarding, massive leg room and wide seats, im slim but tall and 12 hours in economy for me is a no no.

The wife flew with EVA in april, LHR/bkk return in economy, booked chosen seats online and she was quite happy with this airline, cheaper than thai and china.

I only fly business when i go so china air via amsterdam is by far the cheapest, use bus lounge at airports,

food and drink free, priority boarding, massive leg room and wide seats, im slim but tall and 12 hours in economy for me is a no no.

Off topic but how is China biz? I'm flying with them in Dec via AMS....

I flew with them in May on the premium economy and it was comfortable enough. No complaints. I have flown economy with them as well, and in comparison to the other airlines that fly LHR direct they are certainly the best. Thai are bloody awful,on the LHR route, unless flying biz class, which I did last month,mand it was very good, but Thai economy,oh dear, oh dear. Just flown with Etihad / Air Berlin this week to Berlin. All in all fairly ok, although hate the stop overin Abu Dhabi, has to be my least favorite airport after Swampy.

I am due to fly back to LHR again in October, and depending on work I will probably fly Eva , unless I get routed through Hong Kong or Singapore, which would mean Cathay or SQ who in my opinion are the best carriers.

I flew with them in May on the premium economy and it was comfortable enough. No complaints. I have flown economy with them as well, and in comparison to the other airlines that fly LHR direct they are certainly the best. Thai are bloody awful,on the LHR route, unless flying biz class, which I did last month,mand it was very good, but Thai economy,oh dear, oh dear. Just flown with Etihad / Air Berlin this week to Berlin. All in all fairly ok, although hate the stop overin Abu Dhabi, has to be my least favorite airport after Swampy.

I am due to fly back to LHR again in October, and depending on work I will probably fly Eva , unless I get routed through Hong Kong or Singapore, which would mean Cathay or SQ who in my opinion are the best carriers.

Cathay annoyed me...hated the herringbone biz class.....can only dream about SQ....maybe one day I will be so lucky...

Cathay annoyed me...hated the herringbone biz class.....can only dream about SQ....maybe one day I will be so lucky...

SQ biz class is very nice :-)

• 2 months later...

I have flown EVA for international flights for the last 5 years (9.5 round trips?). I have flown coach, middle class (elite/deluxe) and their 1st class (super laurel or something like that). First,... first class was awesome. I used miles as I am not rich. I normally fly elite and although 50% more, flying 7500+ miles 1 way, is easier with the nicer middle class comforts.

EVA has never left on time on any one of my flights although it is usually on-time for arrival. The food.... hmmmm. well it is crappy, but.... it is the best "airline food" I have had. I actually now bring a pb&j and a tuna fish sandwich via a small cool vinyl lunchbox. I bring some other snacks like a small orange and fruit rollups. I do get the food and usually pass on the entre'.

the planes are newish, clean, and the staff is excellent especially if you speak mandarin.

EVA has always been the cheapest and fastest (end to end) flight for me to Thailand.

I haven't used EVA but with regard to their lack of enthusiasm on beer handouts from London. I heard that their trolley dollies have to put up with all these lecherous old Brits, already sporting their favourite Chang singlet and wet, tufted armpits, ogling them unflatteringly as they paw the lithe Asian bodies with their grubby hands and cajole another beer through nicotine stained teeth from the 'not smiling but grimacing' air hostesses. It's sort of the pensioner sexpat bus of choice to paradise.

Sent from the Back 'o Bennachie with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Yikes NanLaew.....glad I stayed sober during those flights.

Although I was in Premium Economy....a better class of sexpat no doubt.

The front of the bus is for the more, shall we say... genteel of the philandering classes? Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

Economy cabin service sucks. The cabin crew are so "bending over backwards" to service premium elite etc customers that the rest have to wait a very long time for anything, example, 1 and a half to two hours before you get any refreshment after seating and take off, They are slow and couldnt really care about economy. if you look at their seating plan its only about a third of the passengers anyway so maybe thats a deliberate policy.

Edited by KKvampire

So I did the first part of the flight on the 14th from BKK - LHR which was 13 hours and I was actually a little disappointed with the food. We got fed as soon as we took off and then we didn't get fed then until 2 hours before landing so there was about 9 hours of no real food except for a small bag of rice crackers and a little sandwich. Also if you wanted a drink you had to get up and ask for one, which was inconvenient as I had the window seat and had to keep waking people up to get past them next to me.

The entertainment was ok but was not amazing. I still think Etihad were better...

Maybe it'll be better on my way back though. :)