New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

It was more like 40lbs- those Wiki wet-weight numbers (if that's what you referenced) are off- it's also within about 25lbs of an R1.

And that 900RR was an incredibly twitchy machine (I owned a 1st gen with the 16" front hoop- it never felt very stable, though it turned in like lightning).

No I owned both the 900 & the 600 that years so am going by memory only

I will say the 600 was a couple pounds heavier due to the steel frame :)

But I remember both as being 450-460 range stock

Lighter later once modded a bit

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard not to buy that at 430,000baht (my price estimate)

Undecided smile.png

I know it is 90 lbs more than the Yamaha & in this pic it does look it.

It just seems pretty thick & bulky. Could just be the pic

Will have to see it in the flesh when it arrives.

Yesterday I was picking up some bolts at Kawasaki & they said a couple months.

mania, i am sure yamaha will bring fz - 09 to thailand for a close price if you can wait.

a rubber mounted 230 kg bike is not ideal for the tight twisties up North. i mean yes you can but i am sure you miss your ninja 250 backlaugh.png

and to make it 30 kg lighter, you reach the price of z1000 nearly. lighter rims, pipe, rearset, handlebar, shipping them over here and many more. you do the math.

Edited by loserlazer

mania, i am sure yamaha will bring fz - 09 to thailand for a close price if you can wait.

a rubber mounted 230 kg bike is not ideal for the tight twisties up North. i mean yes you can but i am sure you miss your ninja 250 back:lol:

and to make it 30 kg lighter, you reach the price of z1000 nearly. lighter rims, pipe, rearset, handlebar, shipping them over here and many more. you do the math.

Actually I am not a shopper for either of these bikes.

But I do enjoy watching what comes out & the spec etc.

Edited by mania

My 12 year old hornet is 176kg I wouldn't really want anything much heavier than that it's a hassle you don't really need in traffic and parking it up,great looking bike though

That's a very optimistic dry weight (no fluids or battery) claimed by Honda- most likely it's closer to 190kg.

There was an industrial scale at a scrap yard in San Diego, and the owner would let us weigh our bikes on it- there was always a large disparity between estimates and reality.;)

This small article explains the weight pretty good.

http://www.ashonbikes.com/content/kawasaki-z800#

so due to a harsh and high vibrating engine, they have to rubber mount it.

So, instead of developing a smoother engine with less vibration - this way they can use it as a stressed member so can go for a lighter aluminum frame - they have chosen to go with the old tech engine with rubber mounts therefore additional steel braces for an already heavy steel frame.

Bravo kawa! Is that what we deserve in Thailand? C'mon!

Quite normal for Kawasaki. they're not Yamaha or Honda, you know.

My 12 year old hornet is 176kg I wouldn't really want anything much heavier than that it's a hassle you don't really need in traffic and parking it up,great looking bike though

That's a very optimistic dry weight (no fluids or battery) claimed by Honda- most likely it's closer to 190kg.

There was an industrial scale at a scrap yard in San Diego, and the owner would let us weigh our bikes on it- there was always a large disparity between estimates and reality.wink.png

A lot of riders in California fail the motorcycle driving test, because they go in with a full tank of gas.

I conquered that dam_n circle and cone zig zag test, with an almost empty tank...no way i was going to pay $300 for the MSF...

Practiced a few times with a full tank and it was notably more top heavy on a huge SV 650.

Edited by KRS1

I took a 'motorcycle driving test' way back when....the cop took you out to your bike, told you to ride around the town square and come back to where you were. 4 right hand turns, maximum speed about 15mph, no traffic lights, no traffic! If you survived you got your license. rolleyes.gif

I took a 'motorcycle driving test' way back when....the cop took you out to your bike, told you to ride around the town square and come back to where you were. 4 right hand turns, maximum speed about 15mph, no traffic lights, no traffic! If you survived you got your license. rolleyes.gif

hanna-barbera-the-flintstones-fred-flint

• Like 2

sounds like the thai mocyc test.

Here's the California Mocyc test, i bet most the people here would fail it without any prior practice.

Handlebars are virtually lock to lock when you do the loop.

Edited by KRS1

sounds like the thai mocyc test.

Here's the California Mocyc test, i bet most the people here would fail it without any prior practice.

Handlebars are virtually lock to lock when you do the loop.

Is it like the Thai test as in not done on the normal roads?

The UK driving tests are on the normal road. With a 2 part test for power etc.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

its on a closed course.

if you pass the lollipop of death they usually just pass you without having to go further if you do it good enough.

Not easy, you have to ride the rear brake and clutch doing the loop, and if you think your going to lay it over you have to speed up to keep it up.

hanna-barbera-the-flintstones-fred-flint

That just about sums it up! biggrin.png

wow. finally. I still hope like it is less than 230 kg.

All the reviews I've read have been very positive and say the weight is hardly noticeable. But still think Kawa are taking the p1ss with the price if it is 450K like expected, it is made here yet will be more than in the UK whereas the Versys is cheaper here than the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorcycle_manufacturers/kawasaki/9730239/Kawasaki-Z800-review.html

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Kawasaki/Kawasaki-Z800-2013-current/

Edited by pastafarian

wow, sharp looking bike,i really like the design of it and yellow/green rims look superb!

it will be good to see them on the roads here in Thailand.

You know you would look sharp on there with your green tie wink.png

attachicon.gif2.jpg

you nailed it mania. found my soul mate bikelaugh.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...