New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

Kawasaki is no where near producing inline fours in Thailand. If you want more than a twin you'll be looking at an import.

I wouldn't be too sure about that buddy! I was in Singapore recently and was told the (made in Thailand) Z800 will be sold very shortly. A Kawasaki dealer in Holland also said the same when I dropped in yesterday afternoon.

I recently found out about the insanely high import taxes in Thailand, hopefully this will avoid them and will be my first bike in LOS next year.

I guess it's Kawasaki's worst kept secret... dealer in CM told me the same thing a month ago, Z800 made in Thailand is coming. Looks like he was right, once again...

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/indiabound-kawasaki-z800-unveiled-at-2012-intermot-show/14271/

Price in Europe is EUR 9,500 (376k in THB)

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/10/finally-the-kawasaki-z800-is-fully-unveiled/

Price in Malaysia RM 48,000 (480k baht - but presumably that's because MY has crazy taxes on bikes - the Ninja 250 is 220k Baht there)

http://www.cbt.com.my/2012/10/12/kawasaki-launches-the-z800-and-2013-ninja-250r/

Should cost around 330k baht here?

Edited by nikster

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kawasaki is no where near producing inline fours in Thailand. If you want more than a twin you'll be looking at an import.

I wouldn't be too sure about that buddy! I was in Singapore recently and was told the (made in Thailand) Z800 will be sold very shortly. A Kawasaki dealer in Holland also said the same when I dropped in yesterday afternoon.

I recently found out about the insanely high import taxes in Thailand, hopefully this will avoid them and will be my first bike in LOS next year.

Made in Thailand doesn't necessarly mean sold in Thailand

early in my stay here i heard from a number of thais on various occasions that the unpopularity of 600 cc bikes was due largely to the number "hok" being very similar (tonal differences) for the word for crippled or maimed.

not sure if it is true, but i would not discount superstition.

Made in Thailand doesn't necessarly mean sold in Thailand

True but this one's coming...

nikster, i hope it is coming.

But, i cannot wait more.

I am tired of cancelling my plans on every rumor of an incoming bike man:)

Life is shortsmile.png

When's the next Bangkok Motor show or similar event? Since it's already been introduced in Malaysia, it can't be very long before it's introduced here.

It's definitely an inline 4, 113HP, made in Thailand. Whether or not the engine is made here or imported - who knows. But the bike should be around the 330k mark if we extrapolate from the Malaysian prices. It would make a lot of sense if they positioned it very competitively against the Monster 800 and make it significantly less than 400k. At 330k and with ABS and way more power... I had no plans of getting this one but I think kawa is going to make a really compelling case there...

:D

I'd love one and it would be a perfect step up from my current bike.

but i honestly can't see it costing just 60,000Baht more than my 2012 Ninja 650..... closer to 400,000baht would make more sense given the models that Kawasaki currently sell.

But hey, we could be here all day guessing this and that, i just hope something bridges the gap in the market between the 650 machines and the imported 1000s soon :)

I am keen to see who's post is the most accurate!

Went into Kawasaki Pattaya were they had 3 Z1000's. Man oh man it is one good looking ride. All 3 where black with white and a flash of orange here and there.

But it's probably not the bike for me to go touring on. Maybe the Z800 is???

allright I am just reading the tea leaves, as there were, prices for various regions, and from the Malaysian price.

330k sounds to good to be true so I checked the EU prices too - the Z800 is 9500 EUR, the Versys is 8,400 - difference of 1,100 EUR or 43,000 THB.

I'll stick with 330k.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

allright I am just reading the tea leaves, as there were, prices for various regions, and from the Malaysian price.

330k sounds to good to be true so I checked the EU prices too - the Z800 is 9500 EUR, the Versys is 8,400 - difference of 1,100 EUR or 43,000 THB.

I'll stick with 330k.

Sounds good, i'm keeping my finger and toes crossed for this one.

one would need no more than the power of the Z800 for the slippery roads here in Thailand :)

Nikster next one is starting on 30th of November.

So, before going to honda stand to order a cbr500 sure i will pay a visit to kawa stand to see if there is a z800 there.

I hope man:D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

What show is that? smile.png

motor show in Impact arena starting 30th of November:)

I got the 29th opening day. Is that trade only? Would like to get in on the 29th if anyone has a trade pass to spare. Can't make it the rest of the days.

Looking at the specs of the Kawasaki Z800 I can say they could actual make this in Thailand, the Keihin fueling, Nissin brakes, front forks from Showa (looks like) are all make in Thailand already. Plus several engine parts (conrod, balancer shaft and shifting fork and drum) from Atsumitec Thailand. Wheels from Union Autoparts, and I currently cannot figure out if the exhaust comes from Siam Goshi, the swingarms comes from them... So I guess uncle Honda will be very pleased with Kawasaki...

Edited by Richard-BKK

While YouTubing I noticed the Z800's rear light, it illuminates as a pair of Z's. Nice touch :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

You caught that too . Cool.

If they release it here below 340 k this 'z's on the stops will be one of the main reason for me to buy it apart from an inline four:D

Really nice touch.

Edited by loserlazer

So the dealer in CM doesn't know anything about when this bike coming to Thailand. Either Kawasaki is keeping a really tight lid on this one or he's right and it's not to be expected before June 2013. Oh well.

People in dealerships aren't very helpful are they!

Two of my local dealers were completely blind to the fact the 2012 Ninja 650 was being released. This was 4 Months before I rode it home from the one of the same dealerships, they still didn't know anything about the bike 1 month before i got it...... However some mechanics were feeding me with information from the factory in Rayong, i would expect the same information to start leaking out on Thai motorcycle forums soon, I'll have a butchers over on ER6Thailand.com later :)

^ well the fact that they're making this bike in Thailand/Rayong has been widely reported. It was mentioned at the intro in Malaysia and Germany.

Doesn't mean it will be released here though. This bike is not sold in California so no free ride as far as homolgation is concerned. emissions is the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't immediately start selling a hot new bike that's made locally. Maybe it needs to be restricted? Who knows.

I hope it's just that Kawasaki has learned to keep their new product releases under wraps though.

So the dealer in CM doesn't know anything about when this bike coming to Thailand. Either Kawasaki is keeping a really tight lid on this one or he's right and it's not to be expected before June 2013. Oh well.

You could give Shay at Real Moto Sports a call 0818108702

or email [email protected]

He is very helpful/knowledgeable & replies to emails quickly.

http://www.realmotosports.com/