If You Don't Like It, Go Home.

Pseudolus

I gotta agree with you it is incredibly negative. The current goverment can do nothing right and the old government could do nothing wrong. The posters are 100% committed to one view or the other. No one seems to have a balanced view. No one supports the government in some things and not others. It's all or nothing.

I'm glad we agree on something.

But here's a question. Do you surpose the polarised views in Thailand's political debate might stem from Thailand's polarised politics - the politics of division, red ir yellow, them and us, you are with us or against us?

Polarised politics and polarised justice breading polarised political views - I don't see the fault lies with the commentaters, who to my view are being played like fiddles by both sides..

There we go again "both sides".

Of course the polarised views might stem from polarised politics. But I believe that a lot of the views presented on TV are very much a revoicing of the views of the posters' wives or girlfriends. Those with red w/gfs spout the red line and those with yellow w/gfs spout the yellow line. As a precentage, how many TV posters are sufficiently fluent in Thai to develop their own opinion based on all media. Not that many.

I do concur with your assessment but I think it has more to do with "tourists" and their take on things and the viewing point of the expats. I have to admit I do not associate much with the expats here in south as I find their standing point almost horrific in some matters and most of my friends live in the capital. The ones I do have here though disagree with me in many matters but that doesn't mean we can't be friends it just mean we have different set of goals in life.

I was quite frank and open with my opinions although they are more explained in detail in other threads and my invitation to Submaniac wasn't a sneer one but an honest one. Now he chose to disregard that without any comment or responding to my post where I explained the matters to him. On top of that there were trolls trying to use the situation to their own advantage to attack members here for things that weren't even true and for that I say the best of luck to you because that's all you ever be... trolls...

Back to Submaniac, the offer still stands and if you are as front and intelligent as you claim to be then I do suggest you try reasoning for once and not hide behind others. If you say no I will even appreciate you for being foward... but you haven't been that and that casts a shroud on your intentions and people begin to speculate. I would say that I would welcome more people like you that are not hiding the fact that you ARE a Thai because really I don't see any point hiding it. This is exactly what the forum need and for all of us to build bridges of understanding but if you make poor insinuations you are not much better than the racists here which there are a few of. With those words I would just like to say this. You can criticize farang because we are not beyond scrutiny but don't cast judgement that we are all the same because that really insults your intelligence.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@pseudolus........I pointed out that the OP was comical, then the topic took a turn down a different road. I made a point of not attacking any member for their contributions to the thread, I have left it to people to review what they said in the cold light of day.

I don't do trolling...I confront. Anyone reading the unexpunged version of this thread last night would have been disgusted at what they were reading. Approx 20 replies were removed so that will tell you how far into the gutter some people went.

I have nothing more to add, my previous reply explains all.

Actually the original post was not comical. I was making a comparison that the people who shout "go home" in Thailand are the same people who shout "go home" when they are in their own home country at ethnic minorities. As a Scotsman, you will be very aware of this type of behaviour even though you are not one of those voices apparently. The thread went pretty much as I had assumed it would, with straight away (before the first moderation) about 15 posts tell me in no uncertain terms to "f#$k off". I even predicted this in my post (10 post until I am told to leave / go home. )-. It was a sensible discussion all the way along, even one of the most thaier than thai posters said as much which amazed me. it then got thrown off kilter by a troll post (off topic, inflammatory) albeit by someone you hold in great esteem, and into a circle of spite. However, I have re read this many times and the only aggression or nastiness I can see are from the people who believe it is fair to shout "Oii what you looking at" in a bar if you accidentally happen to glance their way. The OP was about the mentality of these people. And it has been proven. Please clarify for me, because you are not answering the PM I sent you asking this, if by "unexpunged" (sic) thread you refer to posts made before or after 10pm thai time last night.

Usually when I read these remarks I am in my home. What am I supposed to do? walk out for a while and then return?

Well I thought that line was comical smile.png

Anyway......I'm a very slow typer so give me a chance to reply by pm before ragging me on the forum. coffee1.gif

I'm away to work.......I dread to think what I'll be reading tonight laugh.png

Perhaps we should be more constructive than telling people to go home. What alternatives could we offer?

If you don't like it:

- grit your teeth and think of England.

- lump it.

- share your woes with a friend, who'll help you see the funny side.

- take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them.

I'm sure others can also contribute helpful suggestions for those amongst us mired in their misery.

SC

Good suggestions, but not nearly as concise and effective as "go the <deleted> back to where you came from."

However, in the spirit of trying to find an amicable solution, I'd offer the following:

If you don't like it here:

--Go bang your head against a cement wall

--Go cry to your mommy like a spoiled little girl

--Go stuff your face with raw durian

--Go tell it to a ladyboy

--Som num na

...and if all else fails:

--Eat me

Perhaps we should be more constructive than telling people to go home. What alternatives could we offer?

If you don't like it:

- lump it.

I'm sure others can also contribute helpful suggestions for those amongst us mired in their misery.

SC

Good suggestions, but not nearly as concise and effective as "go the <deleted> back to where you came from."

However, in the spirit of trying to find an amicable solution, I'd offer the following:

--Som num na

--Eat me

I have my doubts whether all of those were intended in a bona fide and wholehearted spirit of positive helpfulness...

If you don't like it:

- lump it.

SC

--Som num na

--Eat me

How about, as an effort to be conciliatory, if you do not like certain aspects of Thailand, even though you happen to live there, keep quiet and don't shatter the illusion that it is the land of smiles> Certainly no Thai's should ever hear the idea that their country is not great, and no one should ever suggest that anything cold be done better here either. Other farangs should stop this happening at all costs so as not to break their own illusion either. Those that would listen, and thus care, about Thailands development, are clearly crazy. The ones who would never encourage change, are the ones who do not actually like the country and its people.

• Like 2

How about, as an effort to be conciliatory, if you do not like certain aspects of Thailand, even though you happen to live there, keep quiet and don't shatter the illusion that it is the land of smiles> Certainly no Thai's should ever hear the idea that their country is not great, and no one should ever suggest that anything cold be done better here either. Other farangs should stop this happening at all costs so as not to break their own illusion either. Those that would listen, and thus care, about Thailands development, are clearly crazy. The ones who would never encourage change, are the ones who do not actually like the country and its people.

So what you're saying is if one of these whiney blowhards on TV were to call Thai people lazy, stupid, backwards, selfish, unethical, conniving, untrustworthy, drunks, felons, whores, etc., etc., that these comments are actually meant to help the Thais improve Thailand....? I only have two questions for you: What are you smoking and can I get some?

^ CM you've missed the point about polarised poltics and polarised justice.

Not my point about these things but the point intended by those who enact polarised politics and polarised justice.

There political battle for power going on - the stakes are control of Thailand for decades to come.

What the current PM looks like or even the sucess or failure of her policies is irrelavent - don't get mislead by the side show.

I get that. I was just talking about the negative posters. I wrote a funny story about a Union Jack tattoo and a poster called me a sociopath, potential murderer. I wouldn't worry too much about the political future of Thailand after all they went from declaring war on us to being out staunch allies in only a few months. Some people don't get satire. Some people are so anti Thai or sex or gay people that they simply freak out. Remember the lady boy thread?

Got a linky to that article...for research purposes, I am a publiched orfer and I'll creteak it...pm me it if its to senstive for these hallowed halls.

Some people are hot, some people are cold .I,ve heard it many times that the Thais should speak english to help the tongue tied traveller, but I for one care less for them, When in Rome etc. And if you dont like it root off.

My wifes hot.

Edited by TwoDogz

So what you're saying is if one of these whiney blowhards on TV were to call Thai people lazy, stupid, backwards, selfish, unethical, conniving, untrustworthy, drunks, felons, whores, etc., etc., that these comments are actually meant to help the Thais improve Thailand....? I only have two questions for you: What are you smoking and can I get some?

If that is the perception of a large group of people then feedback being the breakfast of champions and all that, it is good to know. Why do you think the government keeps trying to make believe that Thailand is not a sex tourist destination?

There are none so blind as them that will not see.

I think you already have had enough...

Edited by maxme

Comparing foreigners in Thailand (and their critics) to new immigrants to the US / UK / EU (and their critics) is inherently fallacious.

Immigrants to the developed western nations are, most often, not there by choice. They're there out of pressing necessity, be it economic necessity (they can't make enough money to live in their home country) or something more pressing still (refugees).

By contrast, western foreigners in Thailand are almost universally here by choice, unless you consider that Pirate Bay guy they arrested last week in Cambodia a refugee.

An Iraqi immigrant in the US or UK has no home to return to, so it's in very bad taste to tell them to go home... especially seeing that it was the US and the UK that got them into the mess they're in in the first place. By contrast, a Brit or American in Thailand can go home any time they want... but then they'd have to say goodbye to Soi Cowboy.

Get the difference?

Edited by Leelas
  • Like 2

Got a linky to that article...for research purposes, I am a publiched orfer and I'll creteak it...pm me it if its to senstive for these hallowed halls.

laugh.png . It isn't just one article. There are many. Look under user contributions for chiangmaikelly

Don't do it with a full stomach though and make sure you have a bucket handy. i felt the need to take a load of antibiotics after reading some of it.

laugh.png . It isn't just one article. There are many. Look under user contributions for chiangmaikelly

Don't do it with a full stomach though and make sure you have a bucket handy. i felt the need to take a load of antibiotics after reading some of it.

Remember what I said would happen if the insults kept up? Bye.....

There is no search function.

Could not find it, not searching endless piles of crap.

If anyone has link...please send...getting desperate now.

ill pm u

ill pm u

Ta...quickly nah

ill pm u

Ta...quickly nah

You'll not be so grateful when you've read it...

Gunna keep it for afterdark reading.

Ta BM.

I did a series of stories titled Incountry, starting with Incountry #1. All you have to do is google.