Wider Alloy Rims For Honda Wave - Any Decent Shop In Pattaya?

Turkleton

Oh good lord, do you not get out and ride around and check a few ot the hundreds of shops there ?

I live in Chaing Mai and Pattaya has to be one of the biggest afternarket parts areas for bikes like the wave. I drove mine down and found dozens of shop who would do it on the spot for me.

I put a 1.85 front rim with a 80/80 Dumlop tire and a 2.15 rear rim and a 90/80 tire. Some of my friends put 4 inch rimes and huge 120/70 tires on their waves.

on third road there must be a dozen shops starting at Pattaya Klang and heading south. Pattaya Tri has many too.. The shop I went to is half way between the big honda shop and Sukhumvit road on the south side. Lots of parts, rims, tires, and helmets, they will install right there for you

Oh good lord, do you not get out and ride around and check a few ot the hundreds of shops there

I did, but didn't find what I was looking for...

For clarification.

I am looking for complete mag/alloy/aluminium wheels

Not only the outer rim "ring", like on this picture:

post-158247-0-87664200-1346894957_thumb.

They are available everywhere, I know. rolleyes.gif

I have seen only a few Waves with wide mag wheels and it seemed they came from a bigger bike.

Old CBR/NSR maybe?

Also, I've never seen any tachometer-cable, when they used these wheels

Edited by Turkleton

I drove mine down and found dozens of shop who would do it on the spot for me.

I put a 1.85 front rim with a 80/80 Dumlop tire and a 2.15 rear rim and a 90/80 tire.

Can you give a little more info on this.

Was it a complete wheelset you bought that was already assembled?

Or did they build the set using your hubs?

Rough price?

Perceived benefits?

Thank you for any additional info.

He wants the mag wheel not the spoke/wire wheel.

I've looked everywhere for these too, but have never found where they get those wider mag wheels from. Some of them are Honda made as well. I asked my mechanic and he said they are 2nd hand, so maybe they come in from Malaysia/Phillipines/Indonesia. Daiichi have mag wheels but not wider ones, i would've thought there would be a good market for them but they seem to concentrate on OEM size or smaller.

I've been hoping that the bike maufacturers would bring out an option of 1.85" or 2.15" mags for their scooters, especially the Nouvo/Hayate/Wave but i guess it is wishful thinking.

"The shop I went to is half way between the big honda shop and Sukhumvit road on the south side." Their prices are to high. I am looking at alloy wheels for the Fino and the same wheels elsewhere were 500 to 1000 baht cheaper.

Even the new shop up a bit further on the North side opposite the sailor school was cheaper! They had a nice pair of fat wheels in stock for Fino plus some for Wave. And they have the fat tyres to match in stock.

Even the new shop up a bit further on the North side opposite the sailor school was cheaper! They had a nice pair of fat wheels in stock for Fino plus some for Wave. And they have the fat tyres to match in stock.

I assume we're talking about Pattaya Tai road.

But never heard about "sailor school". A google maps link would be helpful.

Thanks smile.png