Unlock 2 Uk Iphones In Pattaya

TheShockMaster

Hello,

Where is the best / cheapest place in Pattaya to get 2 UK iPhones unlocked? I tried upstairs in Central Center Big C and they tried to charge me 5,000 to unlock 1 iPhone that's on Orange? Laughed in her face.

One iPhone is locked to Orange UK and the other is iPhone is locked to O2 UK.

Cheers.

Have you tried in Tukcom ?

How long have had them on the Uk networks. I think they will give you free unlock code if more than 3 months.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Will give Tukcom a go. Thanks.

I've had the phones for quite a while but it would probably be cheaper getting them unlocked in Pattaya than phoning Orange and O2 in the UK to get them unlocked for free. I'd be on hold for ever.

I'd go for legit unlock by calling the providers, latest firmware can't be unlocked without using some modified sim card crap and if you ever updated your iphone with itunes you will have the latest firmware.

One is an iphone 4 and the other is an iphone 4S. Gevey sim sounds like the best option. I would call the UK to unlock them but that will cost me even more in phone charges.

Do you use the gevey sim along with a Thai simcard?

Edited by CalzoHoudini

tukcom 200 baht to unlock

you are so wrong.....

Good to see a concise reply based on detailed information that is supported with sound evidence...

if you actually read the thread you might note that i have already previously explained why it can't be done in Tukcom and its a pet hate of mine to do the same job twice especially for idiots who jump in with both feet without reading what went before........

Edited by timekeeper

you are so wrong.....

Good to see a concise reply based on detailed information that is supported with sound evidence...

if you actually read the thread you might note that i have already previously explained why it can't be done in Tukcom and its a pet hate of mine to do the same job twice especially for idiots who jump in with both feet without reading what went before........

What a pleasant chap you must be.

• Like 1

you are so wrong.....

What a pleasant chap you must be.

thanks but flattery will get you nowhere........

Simply go to tukcom. Look for poa mobile he is on the far right as you come up from pattaya tai entrance. Buy a gevy sim tray to unlock your iPhones, it's the safest simplest, quickest way!

If you can't find pao mobile, majority of stalls have the sim.

you are so wrong.....

I don't even respond to his posts any more for that reason. Anyways like I said tukcom for 200 baht. Done it before and that's my "facts"

Agree with MrZM

you are so wrong.....

I don't even respond to his posts any more for that reason. Anyways like I said tukcom for 200 baht. Done it before and that's my "facts"

Agree with MrZM

But a Gevy is NOT an unlock in the TRUE sense. It is just a hardware/software bluff and if you upgrade software sometimes doesn't work . A proper unlock is harder and more expensive

sent from my Wellcom A90+

you are so wrong.....

Agree with MrZM

Gone! you are not going to respond to my posts?

thank you, there is a God! but not one that can get an Iphone 4 unlocked for 200 baht in Tukcom

the guy whose post has been removed this morning for commercial reasons knew what he was talking about and claimed to be the cheapest in the kingdom and he wanted 2600 baht

so there! tongue.png

Why do all topics turn into arguments.

If you have an iPhone 3/3G yes you can unlock your iPhone for around 200/300 baht.

As for the iPhone 4/4s the software unlock is expensive, I was first quoted 10,000 baht 5 months ago. So I opted for the gevey sim tray, which in my opinion is safer for your phone, it's don't there and then and you don't have someone messing with your phone.

• Like 1

The iPhone 4s I had unlocked for 500 baht, was an Orange UK contract phone, it had been left in a mates Taxi back home and was never claimed so he brought it over here. (Bloody Criminal)

So I must assume that not only was this telephone Sim locked as an Orange Contract phone, but It is fair to assume it had also been barred.

500 Baht that's all I paid and the Mrs has a One2Call sim in it and it is working perfectly.

Right, well here's what happened at Tukcom....

Went upstairs to the phone shops in Tukcom... went over to the first one on the left that has the Apple iPhone and iPad logos plastered all over it thinking it would the logical place to go. The woman took our iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S for about 15 minutes... came back and said that both phones won't work with a Gevy sim and it will cost 5,000B to unlock both and it will take 3-4 days.

I'm guessing they are trying to unlock them online via the UK but 5,000 seems a bit steep. I didn't bother asking at any of the other shops in Tukcom. I'm not sure whether or not to believe her about the Gevy sim not working... seems like a rip off to me.

Go to Pao Mobile, located on the right side back wall, coming from pattaya tai entrance.

He is an iPhone magician.

The only possibly of why the gevey sim won't work, is because of the firmware on the phones.

Anyway, you have asked for advice, please use it.

Anyway, you have asked for advice, please use it.

I did use the advice. Although it was difficult to find in amongst the endless amounts of petty squabbling that many TV users feel the need to bring to a forum post.

I asked at the shop that you and others suggested. They can unlock them for 6,000B and he didn't even bother acknowledging the fact I was mentioning a Gevy Sim to him. This was before he even look at the firmware or touched the phone.

Ok having had Iphone 3, 3g, 4 and now 4s I can confirm a few things.

3, 3g and 4 I done myself, you need to jailbreak but if your on the most latest firmware it will be quite hard and maybe you have an up to date baseband that will make it even harder. There are ways around this however.

Anything before 4s is much easier, the 4s is a lot harder. Its so hard infact that I did manage to jailbreak my phone no problem however there was no network unlock available. You may want to google ultrasn0w and look for yourself about what can and cannot be done, I wont post it on here as its probably not legal.

I eventually ended up calling up orange and they agreed to unlock my phone, I think it was £10 or £20 I cant remember they just put it on my bill, a week or so later I had an email with instructions on how to unlock my iphone 4s.

Are the phones stolen? If not are the phones on a contract with a network? If they are how long for and if over 3 months or something like that just give them a call the phonecall will only take a few minutes and they email you the instructions when your phone is ready to unlock. All I said was that I am travelling around Asia and I want to use different sims in different countries so I dont spend a fortune roaming.