New(?) Ford Everest

Mobaan

Ford is selling the "NEW" Everest now .

Is that the long awaited follow uo of the (old-regular) Everest? There was talk late last year and early this year about potential great expectations and changes -and perhaps a completely new name .

Is that the best Ford could come up with -the "New Ford Everest.

Has there been a review posted of the new SUV here on this forum or elsewhere ?

I hope the new Everest uses the same front clip as the new Ranger.

This is something that I saw some time back relating to what is happening in South America. Looks plausible but don't know any more about it.

post-145826-0-46955400-1346903389_thumb.

Some far likeness to the Trailblazer, no? Especially in the back. Not sure how much interior space it could have, especially seeing the trunk part.

This is something that I saw some time back relating to what is happening in South America. Looks plausible but don't know any more about it.

Some far likeness to the Trailblazer, no? Especially in the back. Not sure how much interior space it could have, especially seeing the trunk part.

To me it is more like Ranger front end meets Fortuner back end. My understanding was that this was a test picture released in Brazzil in December 2011. Have not heard anything since then.

To me it is more like Ranger front end meets Fortuner back end. My understanding was that this was a test picture released in Brazzil in December 2011. Have not heard anything since then.

That photo is the territory http://www.ford.com.au/suv/territory

post-145826-0-82726000-1346916556_thumb.

That photo is the territory http://www.ford.com.au/suv/territory

No it's not, the Terry has a different front end.

on a another thread, I think the trailblazer one, i mentioned I saw a brochure marked 'preview' of the New Territory at Ford EK Silom when I was in there looking at the Ranger. Looks like the red one picture above.

This is the territory, quite a different beast but certainly sharing some design elements. The red one pictured is actually called an Everest and developed from the Ranger. Both the Territory and Everest replacement are engineered and designed by Ford in Australia so they may have been a bit lazy on the rear three quarter design.

post-145826-0-82726000-1346916556_thumb.

• Like 1

The Territory is a crossover and the Everest is on the Ranger platform, yes?

Correct, Territory is based on the Falcon platform. Nice thing about the Territory is that it now comes with the 2.7 litre V6 diesel as per the Land Rover Discovery. Have not driven one but apparently they handle quite well so alot more car like to drive.

The Territory is a crossover and the Everest is on the Ranger platform, yes?

Correct, Territory is based on the Falcon platform. Nice thing about the Territory is that it now comes with the 2.7 litre V6 diesel as per the Land Rover Discovery. Have not driven one but apparently they handle quite well so alot more car like to drive.

I saw recently a black import one on Thonglor (the best place to see all the latest flashy cars of the moment!). It looked sleek.

Will be buying the new everest as soon as have the money. Test drove one and theyre awesome, powerful and handle great. Room inside is awesome especially head height for taller people. Back seat easily comes out and the other row folds forward so plenty of space inside. I also like it most as the rear door opens to the side not upwards so putting stuff on the roof racks from the rear is alot easier.

All up what you get for your money is hard to beat.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

Will be buying the new everest as soon as have the money. Test drove one and theyre awesome, powerful and handle great. Room inside is awesome especially head height for taller people. Back seat easily comes out and the other row folds forward so plenty of space inside. I also like it most as the rear door opens to the side not upwards so putting stuff on the roof racks from the rear is alot easier.

All up what you get for your money is hard to beat.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

Which Everest are you talking about? The current model, based on the old Ford Ranger? For that model, there are much easier and more current cars around. Fortuner or PJS just to quote two... Or Trailblazer if you absolutely want an American brand.

If you are talking of a new model, none of us has yet seen it.

As to the current Everest:

Where the Everest falls short of satisfaction is in driving dynamics. It’s a big, heavy SUV, and its driver will never forget that. It feels large and cumbersome on the road. The steering has a wide and vacant feel on-center. Turns are no fun with this truck, and there’s just no point in pushing this behemoth in corners except to teach a kid what understeer is. And stepping on the brake pedal may as well be stepping on a marshmallow.

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=25

Based on the Ford Ranger's mechanical underpinnings, the 2012 Ford Everest handles much like a truck—plenty of body roll and limited grip are part of the on-road package. Even without full throttle, the Ford Everest wheel-spins, and the rear wheels lose traction easily in the wet if you attempt to power out of corners before the suspension fully settles. The ball and nut steering requires lots of turning in traffic-heavy city areas, too. Off-road is where the 2012 Ford Everest comes into its own, however.

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysia/new-cars/review/679/2012-ford-everest-suv-review

The current Everest is primitive, big and reasonably equipped. The Everest reviews above were favourable about some aspects, but they are from Malaysia and Philippines and a bit dated. Jonny would be wise to at least test drive the current Thai competition, (Pajero Sport, Fortuner and Trailblazer) before deciding.

Also keep in mind Everest resale is lower than some of the newer alternatives already and Ford will probably discount the current model before introducing their replacement.

In favor of the current Everest is the price and at least the better models come with 4 airbags and are reasonably well equipped (particularly for the price). When I was looking around I however disregarded it based on it not taking advantage of the revised PPV regulations (unlike Fortuner/PJS, and now Trailblazer), and that the third row of seats fold/remove in a single piece so you either have 5 or 7 seats. It is not possible to have 6 plus some luggage space which is a nice option, particularly when you collect and dispose of people throughout the weekends as I tend to do.

That's 100% photoshop.

The new Everest/Endeavour is being dev'd in Australia, so unlike the Trailblazer, no way are the Brazilians getting the scoop :)

Ford will probably discount the current model before introducing their replacement.

Absolutely they will :)

Which is good - when we start seeing run-out deals on the current-gen Everest starting at less than 900K, we know the next gen is due for launch within 6 months... Who needs a mole when Ford are always that predictable? :)