I Am A Computer Balloon

syd barrett

OK, all my life I have had outlook express, a kind of email update from my hotmail account; now I have had MS outlook the full version for ages and want to use it! Two quick questions for you wizards out there; Thanks in advance for a remedy;

1. When I double click outlook and it opens it is all in Thai; how can I change it to English language?

2. If and when I do change it to English language, will it be easy to set it receive my hotmail account messages?

Cheers all.

SB.

OK, all my life I have had outlook express, a kind of email update from my hotmail account; now I have had MS outlook the full version for ages and want to use it! Two quick questions for you wizards out there; Thanks in advance for a remedy;

1. When I double click outlook and it opens it is all in Thai; how can I change it to English language?

2. If and when I do change it to English language, will it be easy to set it receive my hotmail account messages?

Cheers all.

SB.

1. Go to Start->Program->Microsoft office->Microsoft Office tools->Microsoft Language Setting and click it. And then change language.

2. Sure.

OK I am nearly there I think, on the ,menu Microsoft Office Tools on the start menu, it comes up in Thai, what is the symbol for 'Language' then when I do find it what do I click, it is all in Thai. Thanks again..............

Once you are in Microsoft Office Tools...in the next bar...Microsoft Language setting will be the third from the top.

post-26248-1138383566_thumb.jpg

Next you will have a Thai version of this screen...find English UK or US in the drop down menu...is should be number 13 from the top...English UK....click OK

post-26248-1138383769_thumb.jpg

Next it will tell you it might change bulletstyle and other functions in the office pack...click left to accept or right if we have just wasted our time :o

After that a grey windows box will pop up and telling you that nothing will happen before you restart the computer....so....do that.

Edited by Oishi

Thanks for the help so far Oishi; I have found the language selection process; however it is all in thai language; I highlight the 13th down and it (I think) jumped across to the right box, then I clicked OK and nothing happened at all. There seems to be many in the right box.

This is really difficult;

Thanks for the help so far Oishi; I have found the language selection process; however it is all in thai language; I highlight the 13th down and it (I think) jumped across to the right box, then I clicked OK and nothing happened at all. There seems to be many in the right box.

This is really difficult;

Hmmm....how many laguage do you have in the box at the right? Do you need more than Thai and English...if you want to remove something from the right box...take a look again at the picture i attached before, in the middle you have remove and add...

Remove all but the Thai...โดย and then try again to add English uk

Once you have clicked on the English UK in the dropdown box it will pop up over in the right box automatic and it should then become default...you can see if it is, it will have the Office logo displayed on the left...

Sorry just saw your second question now, about setting up Hotmail once you have english on your outlook...

If your outlook is Outlook 2003 then follow this setup from Microsoft.

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.

Click HTTP, and then click Next.

Under User Information, do the following:

In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.

In the E-mail Address box, type your Hotmail account name, followed by @hotmail.com.

Example: [email protected]

Under Server Information, in the HTTP Mail Service Provider box, click Hotmail.

Note The HTTP Mail Service Provider setting automatically switches to Hotmail if an e-mail address ending with @hotmail.com is entered in step 4.

The Server URL for MSN Hotmail is automatically set.

Under Logon Information, do the following:

In the User Name box, type your e-mail address, including @hotmail.com.

In the Password box, type your password.

Select the Remember password check box.

Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer.

Click Finish.

Note Do not select the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.

Edited by Oishi

Oishi; thanks for the help so far; Here is my progress;

I have just English and Thai in the second box, have highlighted English and it now has the Microsoft symbol next to it, however all the programs are still Thai language.

When I click on this language setting area, nothing changes; are there alternative routes to change all my Microsoft programs; Word/Outlook/Excel/ Powerpoint etc.....

Restarts to computer and this area 'Microsoft Office Tools' cannot seem to help; thanks; I am really getting sad about this; Have I got Thai only software installed? What is the worst case scenerio..........?

S.B.

Oishi; thanks for the help so far; Here is my progress;

I have just English and Thai in the second box, have highlighted English and it now has the Microsoft symbol next to it, however all the programs are still Thai language.

When I click on this language setting area, nothing changes; are there alternative routes to change all my Microsoft programs; Word/Outlook/Excel/ Powerpoint etc.....

Restarts to computer and this area 'Microsoft Office Tools' cannot seem to help; thanks; I am really getting sad about this; Have I got Thai only software installed? What is the worst case scenerio..........?

S.B.

I understand...it isen't easy to navigate on a Thai program. Even Thais here in our office have changed the language settings to English instead.

The worst case scenario is that you dont have a Microsoft Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface Pack ...but i dont think so beacuse then you wouldn't be able to see the boxes :-)

Lets try this one.

Click here this is a link to microsoft download. It is a file you will have to donwload and it will make you able to change language on a lot of things.

Follow the instructions from Microsoft.

The problem is strange to me. If it was the other way around I might understand why it wouldn't change the menu...but this is English so I am getting frustrated about it...

Do you know what version of Office you have?

Have you done some update to the Windows of office?

I hope the new info above will help you...I will ask around and see if others have tried the same problem.