• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Is Sophon Cable As Bad As It Seems

DavoTheGun

Off the Air all the time, movies breaking down, poor quality channels, bad colours, Pattaya News is a Joke, very old ads that should have been updated long ago, bad newsreader, etc etc, the list goes on, it is almost a comedy act. except that is all some people have in Pattaya.

Is the company owned by Overseas Interests ?

Have only been in Pattaya a short while.

Aye, I'm afraid so, it really is as bad as you think it is and it will continue to remain appalling IMHO.

Only good thing about Sophon is I hardly ever turn the TV on now and I read a lot more - which is good !

TRUEVisions have some good packages but they're pricey for the decent foreign language channels.

The ThaiExpat company are having an open day over this coming week-end; I intend to go and have a look at what they have to offer. There is a separate thread further down with the locations and timing etc..

It's cheap and does a job for 300B per month. News and sport enough for me. They are giving away free months if you pay your bill on time. Truevisions is just a rip off. I guess most people nowadays spend more time on the internet than watching TV. I know I do.

Yes I cannot believe whoever it is that he would stay on the air, I think he is a Pom (so am I ) not to bad for those that are short time visitors but those that live here, well what can one say, the Di....Heads have a good opportunity to upgrade the advertising, Restaurants, Paul King, etc etc, generate more money. But they are still running ads that are really out of date.

Being a marketing person I am staggered!

For me it went rapidly downhill when the Pattaya People presenter, the legendary 'Mick The Hammer', was headhunted by the BBC to cover for Jeremy Paxman presenting Newsnight and University Challenge. For a glimpse of his unique presenting and interviewing skills, youtube Pattaya TV Uncut. Comedy gold!

True visions a rip off? Some of you have forgotten about what you get back home for £20?

My sky bill back home, £90 a month and god help me if there are any boxing events on. £1000 a month I pay here for every channel, PVR and HD and I get to watch every single premier league game near enough every week in full.

I think they, Sophon are using Illegal DVD copies foe the movies they run, not good copies at that, how does a commercial broadcaster get away with that! Cable TV should be top quality even the Satellite feeds are bad, I am surprised they can get any subscribers at all but I suppose the condo complexes help them.

I think they, Sophon are using Illegal DVD copies foe the movies they run, not good copies at that, how does a commercial broadcaster get away with that!

Yes , how do they get away with it?..........you have the copyright police raiding bars for music copyright infringement, you have the dvd sellers on the street getting picked up or paying tea money..........whether you agree or disagree with copyright at least it should be a level playing field.

Couple of months ago i was watching Sophon and a screen pops up with the windows desktop on,you could see the guy flicking through the screens until he came to a movie which had obviously been downloaded...it had the title,the dvdrip, the size of the rip and the uploaders nickname.............this wasnt even a copied dvd rather something they had downloaded themselves.

Wonder if Chanyut knows whats going on? bah.gif

Edit.....maybe Howard could do an expose about it? neus.gif ... hit-the-fan.gif... coffee1.gif

Edited by thaiflyer1

Yes, but you are not at 'Home' are you? You are in Thailand and should think of the pricing applied to Thais as they are the main customer base.

True visions a rip off? Some of you have forgotten about what you get back home for £20?

My sky bill back home, £90 a month and god help me if there are any boxing events on. £1000 a month I pay here for every channel, PVR and HD and I get to watch every single premier league game near enough every week in full.

Yes, but you are not at 'Home' are you? You are in Thailand and should think of the pricing applied to Thais as they are the main customer base.

Well actually I am at home, back in the UK I should have said. £20 a month for everything is very cheap.

Yes thats all well and good but should the Thai people accept such poor quality, it would not cost them much more to get a much better provider, it is a joke the way it is, and should be unacceptable at any cost.