Drunk Russian In Coma After Leap From Level 3 At Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

Drunk Russian in coma after leap from Level 3 at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Quick translated from Matichon and mweb

30189882-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- At 08.30 AM. September, 6. Pol.Lt. Natthapon Ekkachan, (an officer on investigation at Suvarnabhumi Airport police station, Samutprakarn province) has been reported from the staff of Samitivej hospital that there is an injured person falling from a height and sent here to treat so Pol.Lt Natthapon went to the hospital to investigate and found Mr. Mikoley, 58 years old, Russian lay down unconsciously in the ICU with wounded head, broken right arm, contused and bruised at the body with serious injury.

After investigated, he found that Mr. Mikoley (injured person) came from Russia since 4 September this year. Before the accident, the witnessessaw him and he looked like drunk person standing up near the balcony on the 3rd floor close to the police station at the Arrival terminal of Suvannabhumi Airport. Then, he fell down to attack with terrace and stair rail and down to the ground floor with a serious injury. Initially, the officer is still investigating and because the patient is still unconscious so the officer has to wait for him to get well and then go on with the investigation.

Additional translation from mweb.com:

08.30 AM. Today (6 Sep) Mr. Mikolay, age 58, Russian jumped out from the 3nd floor of the passenger terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport and fell to the 1st floor. The officer sent him to Samitivej Srinakarin hospital already and Coordinated with Russian embassy to take care of him. After making an enquiry with the Tourist Police Officer, Mr.Mikolay has stayed at the airport for several days. He was desperate and he always asks for drinking water. However, they still can’t find the actual cause of this accident.

tvn.png

-- 2012-09-06

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT

Foreigner seriously injured in third floor leap

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A man, believed to be Russian, was seriously injured after jumping from the third floor of the passengers' terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport on Thursday.

Suvarnabhumi Airport police station was alerted at 8.30am that a foreigner had leapt from the third floor of the terminal to the ground.

The man, identified only as Mikael, 58, from Russia, was rushed to Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital.

Initial police investigation said that the man had taken shelter in the terminal for unknown reasons for a couple of days.

A witness said before that jumping, he had asked for water several times from shops in the airport and looked tense. He suddenly walked to the balcony and jumped.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-06

"Initial police investigation said that the man had taken shelter in the terminal for unknown reasons for a couple of days.

A witness said before that jumping, he had asked for water several times from shops in the airport and looked tense. He suddenly walked to the balcony and jumped.

Poor lad...hope he makes it, and hope the Thai authorities will look after him to get him home.

• Like 2

he "looked like a drunk person", I'd imagine it's easy enough to establish if he was drunk or not.. that fact that he was about to jump off is evidence enought that he was probably acting strange.. but that's not to say he was drunk.

I'm sure that there is a lot that we don't know.. let's wait for more info before jumping (pun unintended) to conclusions.

• Like 1

"Drunk" from drinking water ?

Where did he get the stuff again? I want to order some .... Hahaha

Its almost 10 hours past the accident, so the hospital should know if he where drunk or not,

Or did the whitness had a alcohol tester in the purse ?

Unlikely he was drunk if asking for water and then jumped. Also if sheltering at the airport, probably had no money, and figured as good a place as any to jump. Easy to confuse inebriation with depression and confusion. I guess more on this will surface - sad when people feel they need to end it all.

• Like 2

In Thai all foreigners acting unlike Thais are said to be drunk. If a country's nationals are stranded at an airport for some bureaucratic reason the Airport Authority should be able to detect it and report the matter to the appropriate Consulate. Thailand seems to have become a country full of SOBPs (Some other person's problems).

he "looked like a drunk person", I'd imagine it's easy enough to establish if he was drunk or not.. that fact that he was about to jump off is evidence enought that he was probably acting strange.. but that's not to say he was drunk.

I'm sure that there is a lot that we don't know.. let's wait for more info before jumping (pun unintended) to conclusions.

wait for the full story.

Unlikely he was drunk if asking for water and then jumped. Also if sheltering at the airport, probably had no money, and figured as good a place as any to jump. Easy to confuse inebriation with depression and confusion. I guess more on this will surface - sad when people feel they need to end it all.

I am in complete agreement with Mel1 and asiawatcher.

In Thai all foreigners acting unlike Thais are said to be drunk. If a country's nationals are stranded at an airport for some bureaucratic reason the Airport Authority should be able to detect it and report the matter to the appropriate Consulate. Thailand seems to have become a country full of SOBPs (Some other person's problems).

This is the Truth, nothing than the truth !!! whistling.gifclap2.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Some off-topic posts have been removed. I think we can dispense with the comments about Russians and alcohol.

We can also leave the content of the English out of the discussion. If you read the by-lines you will see where the article originated and the translation. Thaivisa does not, on its own, produce news articles and we do not usually edit them.

Stick to the topic, please.

• Like 1

"Drunk" from drinking water ?

Where did he get the stuff again? I want to order some .... Hahaha

Its almost 10 hours past the accident, so the hospital should know if he where drunk or not,

Or did the whitness had a alcohol tester in the purse ?

The witness said he looked drunk not that they'd tested him. Haven't you ever seen a drunk person? They are quite easy to spot. Saying he looked drunk doesn't mean he was. The witness is just making an observation. Nothing at all wrong with that. What would you have said if you had witnessed it and the police asked you?

It is very sad when some one thinks that there is nothing left and kills themselves. My two brothers did this. One was severly depressed and the other had a stroke that left him unable to take care of him self. The first I cried and the second I understod. One seldom knows why another takes his own life.

• Like 2

That's crazy offing ya self in front of children. Gone for a family vacation and your kids have to witness that.

How selfish can ya get?

I think you will find that people who are in such a desperate state do not think logically. Nothing to do with being selfish.
  • Like 2