Dominoes

ishan14

Dominoes used to be in Thailand several years ago but it was unsuccessful and out of business.

This post is correct. Would be nice to see a branch open again though licklips.gif

They certainly were the best pizza in town for a few years. They were all takeaway only, if I remember correctly.

Dominoes used to be in Thailand several years ago but it was unsuccessful and out of business.

This post is correct. Would be nice to see a branch open again though licklips.gif

They certainly were the best pizza in town for a few years. They were all takeaway only, if I remember correctly.

Well, obviously such things are entirely subjective but I definitely don't think they were better than any number of proper Italian restaurants with genuine pizza ovens etc.

But they were - in my opinion - definitely the best of the fast food chain pizzas and I hope to be able to order a Domino's in the not too distant future...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Apparently they tried to enter the market but were forced out by aggressive predatory pricing by the incumbents. Shame.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I think that Dominoes was one of the many Western businesses that went belly up during the Thai financial crisis. They had not been here long when it happened. Popeye's Fried Chicken was a casualty too and I really miss their New Orleans style beans and rice and buttermilk biscuits.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Apparently they tried to enter the market but were forced out by aggressive predatory pricing by the incumbents. Shame.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I think that Dominoes was one of the many Western businesses that went belly up during the Thai financial crisis.

They did poorly and pulled out of the whole region I think, a few years after the '97 crisis. I seem to recall management and marketing issues.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

bloody hell and heres me hoping ide get a game of 5 and 3s or at leats a game of doubles,

jake

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking, not actually seen a set here sad.png

\

Actually, I saw many a bar girl (from the street, of course) playing dominoes on Koh Chang.

Pretty sure one was eating a pizza, too.