Income Tax Question

krummi

I am working in a BKK branch office of a European not-for-profit organization. I do not have a Thai bank account and my salary is paid in Europe into my account there. I am paid in Thailand some allowances though. 75% of my work is not related to Thailand but to other countries in the region. I actually use BKK as a logistical hub and travel a lot - I probably end up with less than 180 days per year physically in Thailand. What does it mean for me with regards to income tax? Do I only pay on the allowances received in Thailand, everything or nothing because I am less than 180 days in Thailand? What does it mean in terms of WP renewal?

You are not required to pay income tax on the allowance received in Thailand since allowance is not considered income. You are not required to show the personal income tax payment on a work permit renewal for a Representative office, which is what this seems to be, however if it is, you will need to show that the home office has injected cash into the organization during the second year.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]